Ryzen 7000 Testing

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Are you sure it actually boots slower? It should boot faster... I'll look at the patch when I get back home, I wasn't sure if it's still needed on this mobo.

Yes, a few seconds slower to boot if it is, but very little...

For the rest everything works... and especially the audio, it's perfect!!

Thank you very much to all 🤗

Attachments

• opencore-2022-11-19-151810.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Yes, a few seconds slower to boot if it is, but very little...

For the rest everything works... and especially the audio, it's perfect!!

Thank you very much to all 🤗
If now you are using a release (not debug Opencore version) put target to 3
it is not useful to post a debug with Opencore release data (few data to read in it)

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
If now you are using a release (not debug Opencore version) put target to 3
it is not useful to post a debug with Opencore release data (few data to read in it)

If I have already changed it, but each restart generates a TXT in the EFI 😄

A curiosity....

Hackintool tells me I'm using clover 🤣

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-19 a las 16.37.56.png

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
post only config.plist @PoMpIs

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs try this before reset your Nvram

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 6

drmeatball

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Going to try jumping in.. I've built plenty of intel hacks but this is first AMD hack. Have zero issues reformatting over and over to get us to a workable state.

That being said, I'm starting from square one (maybe that's useful in some way?) so is the Dortania AMD info enough to get the ball rolling - using these updated 087 opencores. Is there anything AMD specific beyond the Dortania guide (and everything here) I should be aware of?

Asrock Steel Legend, 7950x

!TYTYTY!

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Going to try jumping in.. I've built plenty of intel hacks but this is first AMD hack. Have zero issues reformatting over and over to get us to a workable state.

That being said, I'm starting from square one (maybe that's useful in some way?) so is the Dortania AMD info enough to get the ball rolling - using these updated 087 opencores. Is there anything AMD specific beyond the Dortania guide (and everything here) I should be aware of?

Asrock Steel Legend, 7950x

!TYTYTY!
You'll need a custom version of SSDT-CPUR, an MmioWhitelist and an USBToolBox USB map. I can help with all of these if you send a SysReport log and your EFI.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Could you try making it check for ExtFamily=A OR ExtFamily=8 when you get back?

C:
if (CpuInfo->Family == 0xF && (CpuInfo->ExtFamily == 0xA || CpuInfo->ExtFamily == 0x8)) {

** OpenCore Beta Test Build #2 **
  • OpenCore.efi has been recompiled with this condition: ExtFamily >= 8
  • Both release-mode and debug-mode builds are attached below
  • For faster boot up, release-mode build may be used
  • For providing helpful debug logs, the debug-mode build should be used with debug target set to 0x67
    • Then OpenCore log file will be created in root folder of EFI partition
    • We really want OpenCore debug log files from as many different AMD and Intel processors as possible
C:
  // For AMD Family F and ExtFamily >= 8
  if (CpuInfo->Family == 0xF && CpuInfo->ExtFamily >= 0x8) {
      DEBUG ((DEBUG_INFO, "OCAK: Setting FSB and TSC for Family F and ExtFamily >= 8\n"));
    busFreqValue    = CpuInfo->FSBFrequency;
        busFCvtt2nValue = DivU64x64Remainder ((1000000000ULL << 32), busFreqValue, NULL);
        busFCvtn2tValue = DivU64x64Remainder(((1000000000ULL) << 32), busFCvtt2nValue, NULL);

tscFreqValue    = CpuInfo->CPUFrequency;
        tscFCvtt2nValue = DivU64x64Remainder ((1000000000ULL << 32), tscFreqValue, NULL);
        tscFCvtn2tValue = DivU64x64Remainder(((1000000000ULL)  << 32), tscFCvtt2nValue, NULL);
  }

Attachments

• DEBUG.zip
    417.2 KB · Views: 3
  • RELEASE.zip
    268.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Tested..

It seems to start a little slower... but it works fine..

Now this appears in the LOG:

I get an ¿error? on DP68... when removing the patch you did for the x670e-f
Those ACPI errors in the macOS system log are actually okay! Well, technically it suggests sloppy work by the board/ACPI vendor, but for macOS it should be okay.

backinblackx86

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I have time today to test my system out. I have a 7950x with the asus x670e-extreme. Where shall I start?

backinblackx86

AMD OS X Member
You'll need a custom version of SSDT-CPUR, an MmioWhitelist and an USBToolBox USB map. I can help with all of these if you send a SysReport log and your EFI.
Hello, I currently have Ubuntu Linux 22.10 Kernel 6.0.9 installed. How do I create the SysReport log, by booting a debug version of OpenCore?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hello, I currently have Ubuntu Linux 22.10 Kernel 6.0.9 installed. How do I create the SysReport log, by booting a debug version of OpenCore?
Make an EFI with the Dortania guide, make sure you're using the DEBUG version of OpenCore and the SysReport quirk is enabled (use CTRL + F). Then try booting, it'll fail 100%, but it'll create a log and a SysReport. Zip the SysReport folder and the .txt file and send it here along with your EFI.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
There's a helpful table of CPUIDs on WikiChip (not Wikipedia). Let me see if I can find the AMD version of this table.
  • We can see that Family 0xF is also used by some Intel parts, but their ExtFamily is 0x0.

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 8.33.42 AM.png

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
There's a helpful table of CPUIDs on Wikipedia. Let me see if I can find the AMD version of this table.
  • We can see that Family 0xF is also used by some Intel parts, but their ExtFamily is 0x0.

View attachment 8564
Looks like Intel's ExtFamily is always 0, can't we make it check for ExtFamily != 0 then?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.