• IOUSBHostFamily.kext
  • AppleVirtIO.kext
  • AppleSDXC.kext
  • AppleOLYHALMac
  • AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac.kext
But this one remains:
Code:
Error occurred while building a collection:
    1: One or more binaries has an error which prevented linking.  See other errors.
    2: Could not use 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' because: Cannot find symbol for metaclass pointed to by '__ZN29AppleBCMWLANPCIeSkywalkPacket10superClassE'.  Expected symbol '__ZN25AppleBCMWLANSkywalkPacket10gMetaClassE' to be defined in another kext
com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac specific:
    1: Cannot find symbol for metaclass pointed to by '__ZN29AppleBCMWLANPCIeSkywalkPacket10superClassE'.  Expected symbol '__ZN25AppleBCMWLANSkywalkPacket10gMetaClassE' to be defined in another kext

I've tried replacing all four AppleBCMWLAN* kexts, but the problem remains.

View attachment 7916
Try removing the whole kext.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It may also require a IOSkywalkFamily rollback.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Try removing the whole kext.

Interesting. Will do shortly — getting some Starbucks.
Removing all four AppleBCMWLAN* kexts results in the following:
Code:
Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Error occurred while building a collection:
    1: One or more binaries has an error which prevented linking.  See other errors.
    2: Could not use 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' because: Failed to bind '__ZN11AppleOLYHAL17setPropertyHelperEP8OSStringS1_' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x27e59 in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbolFailed to bind '__ZN11IOPCIDevice16setBusLeadEnableEb' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x2a0bb in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbol
    1: Failed to bind '__ZN11AppleOLYHAL17setPropertyHelperEP8OSStringS1_' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x27e59 in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbolFailed to bind '__ZN11IOPCIDevice16setBusLeadEnableEb' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x2a0bb in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbol

Removing all four AppleBCMWLAN* kexts and IOSkywalkFamily results in this:
Code:
    2: Could not use 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' because: Failed to bind '__ZN11AppleOLYHAL17setPropertyHelperEP8OSStringS1_' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x27e59 in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbolFailed to bind '__ZN11IOPCIDevice16setBusLeadEnableEb' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x2a0bb in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbol
    1: Failed to bind '__ZN11AppleOLYHAL17setPropertyHelperEP8OSStringS1_' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x27e59 in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbolFailed to bind '__ZN11IOPCIDevice16setBusLeadEnableEb' in 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' (at offset 0x2a0bb in __TEXT, __text) as could not find a kext which exports this symbol

We can see that a reference to com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac is still present somewhere. Alas, adding IOSkywalkFamily from Monterey does not help either.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 12.44.34 PM.png

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Removing all four AppleBCMWLAN* kexts results in the following:
Code:
Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Error occurred while building a collection:

Removing all four AppleBCMWLAN* kexts and IOSkywalkFamily results in this:
Code:

We can see that a reference to com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac is still present somewhere. Alas, adding IOSkywalkFamily from Monterey does not help either.
What about downgrading AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac and IOSkywalkFamily?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
What about downgrading AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac and IOSkywalkFamily?
Configuration 1 and Result:
  • IOPCIFamily --> from Big Sur
  • AppleACPIPlatform --> from Big Sur
  • AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac --> from Monterey
  • IOSkywalkFamily --> from Monterey
Code:
    2: Could not use 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' because: Cannot find symbol for metaclass pointed to by '__ZN29AppleBCMWLANPCIeSkywalkPacket10superClassE'.  Expected symbol '__ZN25AppleBCMWLANSkywalkPacket10gMetaClassE' to be defined in another kext
    1: Cannot find symbol for metaclass pointed to by '__ZN29AppleBCMWLANPCIeSkywalkPacket10superClassE'.  Expected symbol '__ZN25AppleBCMWLANSkywalkPacket10gMetaClassE' to be defined in another kext

Configuration 2 and Result:
  • IOPCIFamily --> from Big Sur
  • AppleACPIPlatform --> from Big Sur
  • AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac --> from Big Sur
  • IOSkywalkFamily --> from Big Sur or Monterey or Ventura
Code:
Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Unable to resolve dependencies: 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' names a dependency on 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2', which was not found.
Unable to resolve dependencies: 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' names a dependency on 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2', which was not found.
Unable to resolve dependencies: 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' names a dependency on 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2', which was not found." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to resolve dependencies: 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' names a dependency on 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2', which was not found.
Unable to resolve dependencies: 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' names a dependency on 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2', which was not found.
Unable to resolve dependencies: 'com.apple.driver.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIeMac' names a dependency on 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211FamilyV2', which was not found.}

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Just received the USB-to-Serial port adapter, but it is not compatible. Fortunately, joevt provided a lot of the technical know-how that was used by the OpenCore team to create the serial function. Joe has a very good (and very technical) write-up of it here:

He recommends a StarTech PEX2S953 PCIe card, which was used in the development and testing. I've placed an order for that card...

enraged78

AMD OS X Member
Hey, guys. I appreciate all the work you're doing here! Thanks to your help, I've built the following:
Ryzen 7900x on an Asrock Steel Legend, Direct Die CPU @ 5.5 Ghz all-core, 32GB DDR5@6200 and tweaked timings, Radeon 6800, M-Track Plus Audio running OSX Monterey.
I used PoMpls EFI, and Casey's fixes to get it running. Everything is good, except of course audio. Can confirm that SpeedKeeper makes it better, but not perfect.

I have disabled the iGPU in BIOS.

R23 in OSX is 29,892 ( I find the 'detected' CPU speed of 1.205 Ghz interesting).
R23 in Windows using the same BIOS settings is 31,602.

I have tried a number of BIOS changes to get the audio to sync better including:
CPU frequency locked from 4Ghz-5.5
Infinity fabric over and underclock from 1.2-2.06Ghz
Memory frequency testing from 4,000-6,200
Every permutation of S3 enabled and disabled

No luck so far with the audio issues. I think I'm one of the few here that can physically disable the iGPU in the BIOS. If I can help you solve this problem in any way, please let me know.

enraged78

AMD OS X Member
Sure. It's just one of PoMpls's old ones with Casey's gray screen fix in it. It does not have the PCIe or sleep fix in it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 8

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@enraged78

good result in R23 for the 7900x.

In MacOS it always gives about 1000-1500cb less than in windows.

It is a pity that it is so complicated to solve the problems in MacOS, the Rzyen 7000 are good processors

Out of curiosity, where do they sell the "Direct DIE" for Ryzen 7000???

enraged78

AMD OS X Member
@enraged78

good result in R23 for the 7900x.

In MacOS it always gives about 1000-1500cb less than in windows.

It is a pity that it is so complicated to solve the problems in MacOS, the Rzyen 7000 are good processors

Out of curiosity, where do they sell the "Direct DIE" for Ryzen 7000???
Thank you! I'm not about to give up on fixing the audio issue yet. They don't sell a direct die or delid kit for the Ryzen 7000 yet, so I had to make them from scratch:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thank you! I'm not about to give up on fixing the audio issue yet. They don't sell a direct die or delid kit for the Ryzen 7000 yet, so I had to make them from scratch:

That takes a lot of…courage (yeah, let’s stick with courage) :)

I on the other hand just under-volted my chip and capped its power to 80W. Huge reduction in temps with minimal impact to performance.

Warranty still valid. :)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Serial Port Debugging -- Quick Status Update **

The StarTech PEX2S953 dual-port RS232 PCIe card arrived today. Installation was plug-and-pay. The card is natively supported in macOS (Monterey). Because I'm running FrankenMon, the PCIe card works properly. We can see this in IOReg screenshot:
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.25.08 PM.png
However, so far I have not been able to get debug output through the serial port.
  • I'm using two Hackintoshes for this experiment
    • System 1: FrankenMon with AMD Ryzen 7 7700X and StarTech RS232 PCIe card
    • System 2: Intel Z690 with Ventura and USB-to-Serial port adapter (with Null modem wiring)
  • CoolTerm is running on System 2 with proper Baud, Parity, and Stop Bits
  • A test using CoolTerm on both systems was successful
    • Anything typed into CoolTerm on System 1 appears on System 2, and vice-versa
    • This shows that null-modem cable connection is correct
To enable OpenCore and macOS to perform serial logging through the PCIe serial port, these changes were made...

Misc --> Serial: I tried with Override turn off and on. Not sure if RegisterBase is correct, hence disabling Override is better because OpenCore is supposed to set these parameters by itself.
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.27.07 PM.png

Misc --> Debug: The flag to enable serial port logging is enabled (this is required).
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.29.43 PM.png

NVRAM --> boot-args: This can be tricky (along with serial override parameters). I've tried various combinations.
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.27.24 PM.png

My plan is to re-read the technical discussion on GitHub and look for any additional documentation in the source code. I can contact joevt if all else fails.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
** Serial Port Debugging -- Quick Status Update **

The StarTech PEX2S953 dual-port RS232 PCIe card arrived today. Installation was plug-and-pay. The card is natively supported in macOS (Monterey). Because I'm running FrankenMon, the PCIe card works properly. We can see this in IOReg screenshot:
View attachment 7936
However, so far I have not been able to get debug output through the serial port.
  • I'm using two Hackintoshes for this experiment
    • System 1: FrankenMon with AMD Ryzen 7 7700X and StarTech RS232 PCIe card
    • System 2: Intel Z690 with Ventura and USB-to-Serial port adapter (with Null modem wiring)
  • CoolTerm is running on System 2 with proper Baud, Parity, and Stop Bits
  • A test using CoolTerm on both systems was successful
    • Anything typed into CoolTerm on System 1 appears on System 2, and vice-versa
    • This shows that null-modem cable connection is correct
To enable OpenCore and macOS to perform serial logging through the PCIe serial port, these changes were made...

Misc --> Serial: I tried with Override turn off and on. Not sure if RegisterBase is correct, hence disabling Override is better because OpenCore is supposed to set these parameters by itself.
View attachment 7937

Misc --> Debug: The flag to enable serial port logging is enabled (this is required).
View attachment 7939

NVRAM --> boot-args: This can be tricky (along with serial override parameters). I've tried various combinations.
View attachment 7938

My plan is to re-read the technical discussion on GitHub and look for any additional documentation in the source code. I can contact joevt if all else fails.
Is the serial port enabled in the BIOS?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Is the serial port enabled in the BIOS?
According to the GitHub discussion by joevt, PMHeart and vit9696, OpenCore itself is responsible for enabling the serial port in UEFI (i.e., in preboot environment). It may be necessary to override the auto-detected parameters. In particular, RegisterBase. I need to look through the source code next.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I forgot to mention that Kernel Quirk CustomPciSerialDevice also needs to be enabled. However, still no output from the serial port. Just started looking at the source code.
Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 12.41.13 PM.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
** Serial Debugging Fully Operational via PCIe Serial Card **
(woohoo :))

I'll create a post soon to explain how to enable serial debugging via a PCIe Serial card.
But for now, we're up and running.
Will begin a capture session from scratch shortly.
Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 2.22.05 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.