Ryzen 7000 Testing

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 07.36.13.png

new agesa and support for high density memory module
as side note my DDR5 now are locked to lower frequency than before (I used @4800 but now it is impossible)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Board vendors are currently rushing out new BIOS updates. I'd check the SoC voltage first, if it is not critical I'd wait updating the BIOS until bugs are worked out and things settle down.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i wish i had kept a backup copy of the older BIOS. i am not an overclocker tho.. so I guess I don't lose anything with the new BIOS.

my X670E Hero is running BIOS 0805 and is rock solid.

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
i wish i had kept a backup copy of the older BIOS. i am not an overclocker tho.. so I guess I don't lose anything with the new BIOS.

my X670E Hero is running BIOS 0805 and is rock solid.

it is rock solid also with latest...
and it is better to update because some weird things have been happened (it should not be a problem for us if we do not do OC) but Asus is adjusting some voltage in a more safe way of previous bioses
in my opinion if you do not need of high density dimm (24Gb/48 gb) the best bios version for now is 1303
latest beta updates agesa (and this could be a great improvement ) but also due its voltage restrictions it limits the change to have memory DIMM @ greater frequency than the ones AMD suggests
I prefer to be in "AMD" limits and to use the latest bioses

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
latest beta updates agesa (and this could be a great improvement ) but also due its voltage restrictions it limits the change to have memory DIMM @ greater frequency than the ones AMD suggests

My current builds will all live happily with 64 GB of RAM. so no, I don't need high density RAM.

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
lastest gigabyte bios f5b break my onboard audio and wake on usb :(

pbs888

AMD OS X Member
I have Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME - a $1000+ motherboard.. and Asus only released a BETA bios with a fix to prevent an issue which could result in CPU & motherboard both being fried to death... with a note saying ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from using this beta BIOS. Very bad customer experience.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME - a $1000+ motherboard.. and Asus only released a BETA bios with a fix to prevent an issue which could result in CPU & motherboard both being fried to death... with a note saying ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from using this beta BIOS. Very bad customer experience.

maybe lay off the overclocking for a bit until they figure it out.

i'm not worried about melting CPU/Mobo at all, but i'm not an overclocker and I don't play one on TV,

if anything, I am told that this CPU is amazing when undervolted... you lose like 5% of performance but drop power draw by like 30% or more.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME - a $1000+ motherboard.. and Asus only released a BETA bios with a fix to prevent an issue which could result in CPU & motherboard both being fried to death...
Which one do you think Asus will give more priority: The board that has been sold in the hundred of thousands and is a support nightmare or the super expensive board that has been only sold a few hundred to a few thousands and is fairly manageable in case of issues?

pbs888

AMD OS X Member
Which one do you think Asus will give more priority: The board that has been sold in the hundred of thousands and is a support nightmare or the super expensive board that has been only sold a few hundred to a few thousands and is fairly manageable in case of issues?
I am fully aware that they do not care.. about both groups of people ;)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Hello guys. I have a B650M AORUS Elite AX and a 7700x is there a base EFI to just get me booted into Ventura ? Thanks.​

Last edited:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hey guys I love my Fenvi T919 but I wonder if there is a way to have Wifi 6E and BT 5.0 while maintaining airdrop, handoff, and continuity,

is this possible? what WiFi / BT adapter is there that meets both above requirements?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
hey guys I love my Fenvi T919 but I wonder if there is a way to have Wifi 6E and BT 5.0 while maintaining airdrop, handoff, and continuity,

is this possible? what WiFi / BT adapter is there that meets both above requirements?
I have a Broadcom WiFi 6 module that hasn’t worked previously, but I’m tempted to try again with Ventura 13.4 public beta.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have a Broadcom WiFi 6 module that hasn’t worked previously, but I’m tempted to try again with Ventura 13.4 public beta.
You can check AirportBrcmNIC.kext's Info.plist to see the supported device IDs.

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
1683653441822.png

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-05-10 alle 23.02.06.png

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
thanks @Lorys89 and @mbarbierato
now it is possible to have "fan" also with AM5 chipsets and AMD power Gadget app

1684077258319.png

A PR on AMD Power gadget GitHub will be done as soon as possible

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
thanks @Lorys89 and @mbarbierato
now it is possible to have "fan" also with AM5 chipsets and AMD power Gadget app

A PR on AMD Power gadget GitHub will be done as soon as possible

Very nice -- is TrulySpinach still maintaining the GitHub project? Hopefully the PR will be merged soon.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.