Ryzen 7000 Testing

rexxver

AMD OS X Member
Hello @rexxver,

I can download and test the 30-day trial of Pro Tools from Avid's website. Because I'm not familiar with the app, feel free to:
  • Describe any specific tests to be run
  • Provide any sample Pro Tools project to check
Update: Software installed on Asus X670E Gene with Ryzen 7 7700X

View attachment 9780

View attachment 9781
Hello Casey SJ,

I am living a comfortable Hackintosh life with your help. Thank you very much.

This is the problem I know.

Protools Video Engine error

What I want to test is as follows.

Can I import mp4,mov extension videos from Pro Tools project and play them smoothly? Does it work well if I change the position of the playbar during playback?

I will attach the Pro Tools project.

Pro Tools TEST Project

If the project does not work,

Run File - Import - Video to verify that the video engine is running.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@rexxver

I’ll test those capabilities today.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Has someone tried to run Photoshop/Lightroom on a Zen 4 hackintosh without any software patches, AMDFriend or other?
1676893939259.png
vanilla without patch

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello Casey SJ,

I am living a comfortable Hackintosh life with your help. Thank you very much.

This is the problem I know.

Protools Video Engine error

What I want to test is as follows.

Can I import mp4,mov extension videos from Pro Tools project and play them smoothly? Does it work well if I change the position of the playbar during playback?

I will attach the Pro Tools project.

Pro Tools TEST Project

If the project does not work,

Run File - Import - Video to verify that the video engine is running.

Thank you again.
Both projects load and play with buttery smoothness. When opening either project, there is a Missing Input warning. The message reads:

Missing Inputs
The input "MIC/LINE/HIZ 1-2" on track "Moder_Warfare.1" is not available in the current I/O setup.
Missing Inputs
The input "MIC/LINE/HIZ 1-2" on track "Modern.1" is not available in the current I/O setup.

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.42.57 AM.png
Although there is no sound, the video in both cases plays back very smoothly. I can also scrub the playback position in real time.

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.54.06 AM.png

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 16.36.50.png1677254365444.png

updated without problem

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
if 7950 X3D is always an option for AMD..probably I will do with without hurry (pretty happy of this 7950x)

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I need some advice guys...

I need to buy a GPU for my 3rd and final hackintosh build for the time being and I am between a PowerColor 6950XT and the PowerColor 6900XT Ultimate.

the 6950XT reference model is "faster" but he Ultimate is a binned chip. also the 6950XT may have slightly faster clocked VRAM, but I may be making that up.

they are both within striking distance pricewize

which would you choose and why?

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I'm undecided whether to buy asus x670e-i or b650e-i I have to take itx because I already have case and aio and psu, the difference between the 2 cards and that the x670 has 2 ports tb4 / usb4 and honestly if it does not go hot plug I would not do anything
You who advise me?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello, I'm undecided whether to buy asus x670e-i or b650e-i I have to take itx because I already have case and aio and psu, the difference between the 2 cards and that the x670 has 2 ports tb4 / usb4 and honestly if it does not go hot plug I would not do anything
You who advise me?
Both are good choices.

The more expensive X670E-I has a "hive" that connects via one USB port on the rear IO panel, but provides convenient placement of audio jacks, a nice round volume knob, BIOS flashback, and two additional USB ports. We can think of it as a kind of hub. It also uses a riser card that contains USB 2 headers, two SATA ports, and front panel header. Unfortunately, cables are connected at 90-degrees to the motherboard, which means some ITX cases may not have enough room to accommodate them. If you plan to move the ITX system from place to place, then the "hive" can be an added inconvenience.

The cheaper B650E-I still offers PCIe 5 for the x16 slot and one of the two M.2 slots. There's no USB4, but hot plug is not likely anyway because it's based on Maple Ridge. The B650E-I is likely to fit more ITX cases.

If USB4 is not a must-have, my preference would be the B650E-I.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
I will use it for gaming and little hackintosh, I would put 32gb ram to 5600 and I'm undecided between I ryzen 5 7600x and ryzen 7 7700x.. Which one do you recommend? for gaming not at pro levels.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I will use it for gaming and little hackintosh, I would put 32gb ram to 5600 and I'm undecided between I ryzen 5 7600x and ryzen 7 7700x.. Which one do you recommend? for gaming not at pro levels.
Although I'm not a video game player (haven't played one in 15+ years), I've seen a number of YouTube reviews on the subject. If you're "not at pro level" and playing at 1440p then Ryzen 5 7600X is a very good choice along with AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Incidentally, the modified kernel in Ventura 13.3 broke not only AMD Ryzen, but also Intel processors with mixed cores (P-cores, E-cores). However, vit9696 recently updated the ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk, which means 13.3 can finally be installed on Intel systems with both P-cores and E-cores enabled. This fix will be included in OpenCore 0.9.0, but an interim build is available on Dortania.

On the Ryzen side, I wonder how the effort is progressing?

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 11.07.30 AM.png

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Although I'm not a video game player (haven't played one in 15+ years), I've seen a number of YouTube reviews on the subject. If you're "not at pro level" and playing at 1440p then Ryzen 5 7600X is a very good choice along with AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT.
for gaming r5 7600x is good:) and good temp

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@mariettosun,

Serial port debugging does not seem to work in Ventura. Perhaps we need to install the KDK and create a debug-build snapshot. Or perhaps we need different boot arguments. It's a busy weekend so I'll hold off for now.

The AMD-OSX crew is much more experienced in these matters so let's wait and see...

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
Newbie here.
I'm following @CaseySJ guide on 7950X and Gigabyte B650I but got some trouble when trying to enable debug mode of opencore.
The log file show everything but the mmio
Could some body help me to solve this?
Also attached the log file

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Newbie here.
I'm following @CaseySJ guide on 7950X and Gigabyte B650I but got some trouble when trying to enable debug mode of opencore.
The log file show everything but the mmio
Could some body help me to solve this?
Also attached the log file
try this EFi
Friday at 6:30 PM
you must change core count kernel patches to adapt to your CPU core count from 0C to 10

by the way you didn't attach any log in your post :)

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
The AMD-OSX crew is much more experienced in these matters so let's wait and see...
I do not think so
results you have reached in few months for AM5 platform (but also with MSI problem ) are a gold medal for you

this problem we have now is a bit complex and it is not related to only Goldfish64 broken patch
I am confident in a solution but I hope also you do not give up with your scientific (and overall public and well detailed) testing way! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.