Ryzen 7 4700G — Ventura 13.5 & Sonoma Public Beta — Radeon Graphics 16 GB [Renoir] — NRed

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
Hi Steve,

So I've had a quick look at your EFI. As I also have an AMD Ryzen APU setup, I do think I know what the problem is (as to why it's not booting up properly).

In your ACPI I see you only have SSDT-EC-USBX & SSDT-CPUR enabled. However I noticed some systems like mine (VCS) also need the following before they can boot:

SSDT-HPET.aml
SSDT-PMC.aml
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
Extra patches under ACPI > Patch from OC

Settings disabled in BIOS: (From Steve: All Done)
SVM
TPM Trusted Platform Module / SecureBoot

boot-args
npci=0x3000 (My BIOS support forced 4G memory for IGUP and opened already)

So what you need to do is run SSDTTime from Windows, extract your DSDT (for the SSDT creation process) and add the SSDTs it recommends (which includes the above)
as well as the mentioned settings. (WIll try later and much appreciate for your input !!!)

Hi Middleman, Pls kindly find my comments above in yellow.
Thank you.
Good day !

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
@Steve901 good job, what did you do to get it to boot?. Interesting that in Big Sur System Information, Graphics and Displays says your 4600G is Cezanne.
Hi Craig, I mapped USB which I planed previouly after system installation, add more drivers :
USBToolBox.kext
UTBMap.kext
Innie.kext
NVMeFix.kext

However, the good pictures I took just is the screenshot.
What I see from my eyes now like this:

img_2562-jpeg.11498

craighazan

Donator
Donator
yeah not very useful despite being pretty. How much RAM do you have installed on your system?. In BIOS what other VRAM settings are available ?.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
Aha, Thank you ExtremeXT, then I will try to update the system based on this version, if it's works then I will try a clean installation with Ventra again.
Super !

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Hi @ExtremeXT, I wondered if you would take a peak at my bad EFI for a Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI paired with a Ryzen 7 4700G. I haven't tried the AmdTscSync.kext before, but I'm sure that's not the reason for black screen after verbose. I created that random pile of SSDTs in SSDTTime on Windows 11 pro and threw them in there hoping for the best. Attached below, SMBIOS removed.
Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 6.07.55 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 7

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Fixed it. Yeah No Man's Sky looks good, I will have to post a video with this setup. Haven't fixed internet will work on that later.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 5.24.21 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 4.19.17 AM.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hi @ExtremeXT, I wondered if you would take a peak at my bad EFI for a Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI paired with a Ryzen 7 4700G. I haven't tried the AmdTscSync.kext before, but I'm sure that's not the reason for black screen after verbose. I created that random pile of SSDTs in SSDTTime on Windows 11 pro and threw them in there hoping for the best. Attached below, SMBIOS removed.
View attachment 11508
You have duplicate SSDTs lol. SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX make up SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP. You're supposed to use SSDTs from SSDTTime: HPET, EC, USBX, PLUG + ACPI patches and nothing else. AMDTSCSync is for laptops only, and even there, only problematic ones with an unsynchronized TSC.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
You have duplicate SSDTs lol. SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX make up SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP. You're supposed to use SSDTs from SSDTTime: HPET, EC, USBX, PLUG + ACPI patches and nothing else. AMDTSCSync is for laptops only, and even there, only problematic ones with an unsynchronized TSC.
I got it booting with this.Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 10.14.31 AM.png

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
I got it booting with this.View attachment 11512

I Craig, I successfully installed Monetary, with this EFI and updated to Ventura.
Only need to be patient during installation, I was about to give up, and thought it would not make it. but at the end it went through !

But I could not manage to get VDA working. Any thought about this ?

I you have problem with you B450M, maybe try my EFI. remember mapping the USB port for your own.

1690822321570.png1690822364754.png1690822389564.png

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
Known issue on macOS Big Sur with NRed, update to Monterey or later and it should be fixed.

Really appreciate for your information, otherwise I am still finding and trying the solution to the wrong display !!!

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
I Craig, I successfully installed Monetary, with this EFI and updated to Ventura.
Only need to be patient during installation, I was about to give up, and thought it would not make it. but at the end it went through !
I you have problem with you B450M, maybe try my EFI. remember mapping the USB port for your own.
View attachment 11516View attachment 11517View attachment 11518

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

View attachment 11516View attachment 11517View attachment 11518
VCN support in NRed is experimental, no support if you encounter issues with it, -nredvcn.
Really appreciate for your information, otherwise I am still finding and trying the solution to the wrong display !!!
The solution is... to upgrade macOS lol.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
@Steve901 Could you attach your EFI for me to look at?. Ill attach mine when I get home from work later.

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
@Steve901 Could you attach your EFI for me to look at?. Ill attach mine when I get home from work later.

I thought I had attached in my previous message. maybe the connection issue, the attachment was missing.
Anyhow, pls find it here.

Attachments

• EFI Steve901-MSI B450M-R5 5600G Ventura.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 4

Steve901

AMD OS X Member
VCN support in NRed is experimental, no support if you encounter issues with it, -nredvcn.

The solution is... to upgrade macOS lol.

Yes, I manage it by -nredvcn, seems not stable.
Thank you !

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I thought I had attached in my previous message. maybe the connection issue, the attachment was missing.
Anyhow, pls find it here.
You're the best!, I've attached mine too for the Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI. Steve keep us up to date with your build please, your HDMI audio knowledge will be really appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 5

digu3120

AMD OS X Member
anyone, please help me...Sir, I have Desktop Ryzen 7 5700G and Asus b450 motherboard...Kindly please help me to install macOS with this APU..I don't have a budget for the new MACbok..please anyone help me to create EFI..I am ready to pay little amount

digu3120

AMD OS X Member
Here is my configuration...Screenshot 2023-08-01 190256.pngScreenshot 2023-08-01 190315.pngScreenshot 2023-08-01 190343.png

digu3120

AMD OS X Member
You're the best!, I've attached mine too for the Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI. Steve keep us up to date with your build please, your HDMI audio knowledge will be really appreciated.
I read all msg in Thread..I think your more experience and intelligent person. Great work bro...Kindly Please help me...I can pay you a little...Please

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.