macOS Sonoma on AMD

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
With only changing the MaxVersion on the kernel patches and updating Lilu macOS Sonoma works just fine :D

Edit: I don't recommend updating your current system with Sonoma. If you want to test it use a different drive/partition.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 16.12.09.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Additional info: NVMeFix seems to be causing stalls in the boot, and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext got dropped, for now there's no workaround for native Broadcom Wi-Fi cards.

You need -lilubetaall to boot macOS Sonoma as of now, else Lilu and its plugins won't load.

long08

AMD OS X Member
I updated from 13.4 and got a boot error reset

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 16.29.36.png
Success on AMD laptop!

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT Congrats. Can you share your EFI? I have tried to Hackintosh my AMD-based Laptop ROG Strip G15 Advantage Edition. But never succeeded. Always hang in the IOACPI boot section. No matter what I tried.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT Congrats. Can you share your EFI? I have tried to Hackintosh my AMD-based Laptop ROG Strip G15 Advantage Edition. But never succeeded. Always hang in the IOACPI boot section. No matter what I tried.
I personally don't give prebuilt EFIs because I prefer everyone learning how to do it themselves. Shoot me a DM if you want help.

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
I couldn't get Sonoma updating on my B650M Riptide/ 7800X3D.

Found the reason: My Macintosh SSD (Intel 660p) is not detected by the installer. Installing on a USB SSD works.

NVMEFIX might help, but currently is not supported by Sonoma as I have read. And I never needed NVMEFIX for this SSD before.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Good to know it is relatively straightforward to get it working. I'll wait until fall, when all the issues have been ironed out by all you brave people. ;)

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Found the reason: My Macintosh SSD (Intel 660p) is not detected by the installer. Installing on a USB SSD works.

NVMEFIX might help, but currently is not supported by Sonoma as I have read. And I never needed NVMEFIX for this SSD before.
Can you test my PR for the AMD kernel patches? It should fix the 10 bit tags patch.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-06-07 alle 16.34.11.png

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

diabled patch am5 and put this arg pci=0x8000000
and Intel 660p work

mariettosun

AMD OS X Member
1686160989722.png

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member
help me CPU Ryzen 3600 + main ASUS X570 pro CSm + VGA Rx 5700XT EFI folder link download ? thank

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
This looks promising! The Broadcom thingy is a downer though.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
With only changing the MaxVersion on the kernel patches and updating Lilu macOS Sonoma works just fine :D

Edit: I don't recommend updating your current system with Sonoma. If you want to test it use a different drive/partition.

View attachment 10859

Do we also need to use a new serial etc? Or can we use the one of our existing efi?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Do we also need to use a new serial etc? Or can we use the one of our existing efi?

Existing EFI can be used with patches updated and NVMEFix disabled using MaxKernel if present.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
Existing EFI can be used with patches updated and NVMEFix disabled using MaxKernel if present.
Also if I will install this on a separate ssd and dual boot with my existing Monterey?

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
To my desktop PC, Sonoma went smoothly!
I haven't tested much at the moment, but it seems to work outside of Wifi.
Although it does not display the processor name well.
Képernyőfotó 2023-06-12 - 17.55.21.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Also if I will install this on a separate ssd and dual boot with my existing Monterey?

Yes I have it on a separate SSD for testing.

@BCBoy1 Use the latest RestrictEvents or use the boot arg -lilubetaall

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.