Gigabyte A520m-DS3H Ryzen 7 5800x RX5600 xt

ShelbyF

AMD OS X Member
Hello. I am a newbie and have failed many times. Can I use your EFI and configuration directly and succeed?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Unfortunately the discrete graphics card you are using is not supported in any version of macOS. So you need to use one that is compatible or forget about creating a hackintosh system.

Have a read through this GPU Buyers guide for confirmation of which cards work and which to avoid - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
@ShelbyF , you have a completely different setup than I do so my EFI would not work for you.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Updated to OC 0.7.8, no changes to config.plist, just updated kexts.
Installed latest beta no problems.

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
Great work on this build :)

I've got exactly the same motherboard but I'm running a Ryzen 3600 and RX580

I'm just wondering what I'd need to change in your files to get my system up and running, I'm new to hackintosh and it feels like there's a lot to learn to start with!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
I started with a R5 3600 also, would just have to edit the core count in the config.plist since I use 8 core cpu and you have 6 core cpu. everything else should be ok.

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
I started with a R5 3600 also, would just have to edit the core count in the config.plist since I use 8 core cpu and you have 6 core cpu. everything else should be ok.

Thanks for getting back to me :)

I'll change the core count setting and give it a go..

I also had a read through the dortania guide and couldn't find anything I'd need to change for my Gpu so hopefully that will just work out of the box 👍

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Since you have a Polaris GPU you need to remove the boot arg that I use for my Navi GPU.

• GPU-Specific boot-args:
boot-args​
Description​
agdpmod=pikera
Used for disabling board ID checks on Navi GPUs (RX 5000 & 6000 series), without this you'll get a black screen. Don't use if you don't have Navi (ie. Polaris and Vega cards shouldn't use this)​

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
Since you have a Polaris GPU you need to remove the boot arg that I use for my Navi GPU.

• GPU-Specific boot-args:
boot-args​
Description​
agdpmod=pikera
Used for disabling board ID checks on Navi GPUs (RX 5000 & 6000 series), without this you'll get a black screen. Don't use if you don't have Navi (ie. Polaris and Vega cards shouldn't use this)​
Brilliant.. thanks for letting me know, I appreciate the work you've put into this, I didn't think I'd be able to use my a520 board until I found your post 👍

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
If you don't have the same wifi card I have you will need to remove the device property for it in the config.plist, I think thats all that needs to be changed. Just post if you have any issues. I have only heard one other person with this board and they reported my EFI worked for them with only minor changes.

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
If you don't have the same wifi card I have you will need to remove the device property for it in the config.plist, I think thats all that needs to be changed. Just post if you have any issues. I have only heard one other person with this board and they reported my EFI worked for them with only minor changes.
What WiFi card do you have? I couldn't find it in your spec? I might order the same card 👍

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Fenvi FV-HB1200 wifi/bluetooth - it is shown in @Moozuki signature, which is shown below each of her posts.

Fenvi offer two versions of the Broadcom WiFi/BT card, the FV-HB1200 and the Fenvi T919, the later uses a slightly faster WiFi chip, but both are Broadcom devices and work in macOS.

Amazon UK sell these two components (as do other online retailers):
HB-1200 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hackintosh...p/B07T9JD93Y/ref=psdc_430513031_t4_B07VCCZS54
T919 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/MQUPIN-Wir...p/B07W92MZGF/ref=psdc_430513031_t4_B07T9JD93Y

This is basically the same Broadcom WiFi/BT card Apple use in their systems, so it usually works natively and out of the box (OOB) in macOS. You shouldn't need any additional kexts or settings.

The Bluetooth module relies on your USB Port Configuration working correctly. This is usually where people run in to issues with these cards, due to the internal USB motherboard header port the Bluetooth is connected to not being configured correctly.

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
Fenvi FV-HB1200 wifi/bluetooth - it is shown in @Moozuki signature, which is shown below each of her posts.

Fenvi offer two versions of the Broadcom WiFi/BT card, the FV-HB1200 and the Fenvi T919, the later uses a slightly faster WiFi chip, but both are Broadcom devices and work in macOS.

Amazon UK sell these two components (as do other online retailers):
HB-1200 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hackintosh...p/B07T9JD93Y/ref=psdc_430513031_t4_B07VCCZS54
T919 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/MQUPIN-Wir...p/B07W92MZGF/ref=psdc_430513031_t4_B07T9JD93Y

This is basically the same Broadcom WiFi/BT card Apple use in their systems, so it usually works natively and out of the box (OOB) in macOS. You shouldn't need any additional kexts or settings.

The Bluetooth module relies on your USB Port Configuration working correctly. This is usually where people run in to issues with these cards, due to the internal USB motherboard header port the Bluetooth is connected to not being configured correctly.
Thanks Edhawk for the info 👍

I've got ethernet that I can use to get it up and running with a view to upgrading to one of the fenvi cards at a later date 😎

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Actually, I'm an old guy, I just like that Anime character!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
She is a cute character!

My apologies for the mistake.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Updated to 12.3 Beta 3 today with no issues.
Attaching current EFI with serials removed.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 11.06.01 PM.png

Attachments

• GigabyteA520_EFI_OC_078.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 30

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
Quick update on this..

I've created an installer (Big Sur).. mounted efi partition.. and dragged your efi folder onto the efi partition.

But I'm getting stuck on the core count patch, I've scrolled through the config.plist file but can't find "force_cpuid_cores_per_package"

I can see other references to the core counts but it looks like these relate to specific versions of osx.. I can also see references to the CPU cache.

Am I missing something?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to look at the Kernel > Patch section in the config.plist, the first three patches will be related to the AMD CPU core count.

You need to edit the 'Replace' number, specifically the 3rd & 4th numbers. These have to match the number of cores in your CPU, in each of the three patches.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 21.38.30.png Kernel > Patch section of config.plist, with the current Replace entries highlighted.

As you have a 6-core CPU the 3rd & 4th numbers need to be changed from 0 and 8 to 0 and 6.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
In case you are still stuck, I have attached a copy of the config.plist with the patches set for a 6-core CPU.

Attachments

• Config.plist.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 4

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
In case you are still stuck, I have attached a copy of the config.plist with the patches set for a 6-core CPU.
Thanks Edhawk.. I really appreciate the help, I'm learning but it's a steep curve! 😲

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.