AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

naresh

AMD OS X Member
Hiya,
Yep you can use my EFI with your setup the only thing you need to do different is disable the USBMap.kext as the one I’m using is not correct for your motherboard. Other then that it should work like a charm.
You can also find a few other EFIs in success stories using your exact motherboard.
Thank you for your reply, I tried but, didn't get EFI, so I can try first with your EFI and then will see what will happen. :)

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
Since it hasn't been reported here yet, I wanted to pass along that upgrading to the latest Monterey Beta 6 is possible with the current 0.7.2 version of @AudioGod's EFI. The process, as I believe @AudioGod points out in a different thread, is as follows:

Boot into Monterey Beta 5.
Mount your EFI partition and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to j160 in your config.plist and reboot.
Once back in Beta 5, open System Preferences > Software Update and click Update Now.
While the update is downloading, mount your EFI partition again and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to Disabled in your config.plist.
Once the update is finished downloading and preparing, click Restart Now and the update should proceed as usual (with a couple of reboots).
Once the update is finished and you are now in Beta 6, you can mount your EFI one final time and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to Default (if that is your preferred setting).

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta6 Ready), 7th September 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.6,
  • AppleALC 1.6.4,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.3,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.7,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.4,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0,
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7,
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta6 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.3 (Monterey Beta 6 Ready),
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using Catalina then in the Config.plist under Misc->Security Change SecureBootModel=Default to j160 or Catalina will not boot.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CPU FOR YOUR SYSTEM
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the three algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing B8000000 0000/BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to B8 <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X Replace value would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

12 Core EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.3 - 07/09/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 073 EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 47

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Been using the dongle asus BT400 whithout problems before
Now i can make BT connection to headphones, but disconnects all the time

is there been a change
or what BT dongle works OOB

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Been using the dongle asus BT400 whithout problems before
Now i can make BT connection to headphones, but disconnects all the time

is there been a change
or what BT dongle works OOB
The EFI has not changed in a way that would break your Bluetooth dongle. If it was working before then It’s probably connected to your setup in some way or big sur If it happened straight after a update.

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
Just wanted to post that the upgrade to macOS Big Sur 11.6 went smoothly (using @AudioGod's EFI posted here). Normal update process, just click Update Now, Restart and let it do it's thing.

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Also updated Without any problems

Last edited:

t0nyruiz

AMD OS X Member
I have updated to 11.6 as well as updated my Gigabyte bios yesterday. I am unable to use my MX Keys keyboard on the picker menu since the updates. However, I'm able to use it for the login credentials for both macOS and Windows. Any suggestions?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have updated to 11.6 as well as updated my Gigabyte bios yesterday. I am unable to use my MX Keys keyboard on the picker menu since the updates. However, I'm able to use it for the login credentials for both macOS and Windows. Any suggestions?
That would be something changed in the bios I guess, Have a look in the usb section and see if you can spot anything.
If it’s wireless then pair it with the dongle again if you can.

t0nyruiz

AMD OS X Member
That would be something changed in the bios I guess, Have a look in the usb section and see if you can spot anything.
If it’s wireless then pair it with the dongle again if you can.
Thank you. The fix was simply to "reset the bluetooth module" and viola! Thank you sir :)

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
All,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 6900XT. I would appreciate any input on which model, if any, is more desirable. Currently looking at the XFX Speedster or the Sapphire Nitro+. Does anyone know of any issues with either of these?

Thanks.

alclonky

AMD OS X Member

locxu

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone, just wonder is there anyone try Audiogod’s EFI on X570S Aorus Master?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi everyone, just wonder is there anyone try Audiogod’s EFI on X570S Aorus Master?
Yep, It works fine. I added it to the list of working boards on page one with additional instructions.

locxu

AMD OS X Member
Yep, It works fine. I added it to the list of working boards on page one with additional instructions.
Thanks for reply bro. I saw your instructions with X570 Aorus Master, but I wonder will everything work with recent released X570S (not X570) Aorus Master too? Do I need to create another SSDT for this board?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for reply bro. I saw your instructions with X570 Aorus Master, but I wonder will everything work with recent released X570S (not X570) Aorus Master too? Do I need to create another SSDT for this board?
That’s unknown I’m afraid as nobody i know of has tried one yet but looking at the layout the only real difference is the passive cooling so in theory it should work exactly the same as the standard master config wise.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The X570S is just an X570. It the same model number according some reports, so same silicon. The only difference is board around it.
Probably just a concession from AMD to board partner since they didn't release an X670 with Zen 3 to sell new boards.

locxu

AMD OS X Member
That’s unknown I’m afraid as nobody i know of has tried one yet but looking at the layout the only real difference is the passive cooling so in theory it should work exactly the same as the standard master config wise.
Since they add 2 more USB ports to X570S, do I need to modify the usb map?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Since they add 2 more USB ports to X570S, do I need to modify the usb map?
Yeah that looks like different mapping will be needed.
that’s a minor though.
Use USBToolBox in windows to map your ports very simply.
The Audio Codec might be different to (probably not) but that should be it.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Might be a little more complicated. The Type-C is marked as USB 3.2, could be one of the X570S that come with a 4th USB Controller to provide USB 3.2 gen 2x2 with 20 Gbit/s.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.