AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
is it ok to software update from Monterey 12.5 to 12.6 with OC 0.80 or do I need to update to OC 0.83? my system is super stable under 12.5 with OC 0.80 -- i'm reluctant to touch it.

what do you guys think?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Should be fine updating to 12.6 with your current OC setup. The changes to OpenCore since 0.8.0 are not Monterey specific, OC release 0.8.3 is required to run Ventura.

Usual caveats apply, i.e. backup any personal data before running the update.

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone. Built-in bluetooth and wifi (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200) works successfully on my asus e-gaming with Monterey 12.4.
Just add three kexts to your efi folder.

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
On specifications of motherboard onboard BT 5.0
Thanks for uploading this. Thankfully Wifi seems to work without issue. Although bluetooth is not working. It lets me into the Devices screen but nothing shows up.
Currently running MacOS 12.6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You should not be using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in Monterey. You need to set the MaxKernel for this kext as 20.99.99 in your config.plist, which will limit the use of the kext to Big Sur or older versions of macOS.

You need to add BlueToolFixup.kext to your OC setup when running Monterey or newer. So this kext should be set with MinKernel entry of 21.0.0 in your config, which will limit the use of the kext to Monterey or newer versions of macOS.

The BlueToolFixup.kext can be obtained from Acidanthera's BrcmPatchRam repository linked below.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You should not be using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in Monterey. You need to set the MaxKernel for this kext as 20.99.99 in your config.plist, which will limit the use of the kext to Big Sur or older versions of macOS.

You need to add BlueToolFixup.kext to your OC setup when running Monterey or newer. So this kext should be set with MinKernel entry of 21.0.0 in your config, which will limit the use of the kext to Monterey or newer versions of macOS.

The BlueToolFixup.kext can be obtained from Acidanthera's BrcmPatchRam repository linked below.

will this allow for things like handoff, apple watch unlock, andd the other "broadcom specific" services available in MacOS?

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member

Thanks for your help. Managed to get it working.
Removed Bluetooth Injector and added BlueToolFixup, IntelBluetooth Firmware and IntelBT Patcher.

Also, found it helps to attach the antenna :rolleyes:. Noticed a 10x increase in distance. Currently listening through Bluetooth Headphones which work perfectly. I have an Apple Watch i'm going to try and attempt hand-off with.

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member
will this allow for things like handoff, apple watch unlock, andd the other "broadcom specific" services available in MacOS?
It looks like you're given the option to set up Apple Watch unlock. I'm currently at the "turning on" stage. So we'll see if it works or not.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It looks like you're given the option to set up Apple Watch unlock. I'm currently at the "turning on" stage. So we'll see if it works or not.

That's a good sign.. interestingly however even with the fenvi T919 (Broadcom) BT, my old apple watch series 4 does not unlock my hackintosh. my newer series 6 unlocks flawlessly.

both watches unlock my legit macs/macbooks without issue.

in any case, i am more interested in handoff and continuity than apple watch unlock, tho obviously I would love everything to work.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

stotes

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your help. Managed to get it working.
Removed Bluetooth Injector and added BlueToolFixup, IntelBluetooth Firmware and IntelBT Patcher.

Also, found it helps to attach the antenna :rolleyes:. Noticed a 10x increase in distance. Currently listening through Bluetooth Headphones which work perfectly. I have an Apple Watch i'm going to try and attempt hand-off with.
I've been trying to get bluetooth working with no such luck. Would you mind posting your EFI?

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member
Alright, Got Ventura Beta 11 installed and running thanks to John L's 0.8.5 EFI

Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 10.43.12 PM.png
What works:
Intel Bluetooth and Wifi (Handoff works but no Apple watch or continuity camera - standard faire with non-Broadcom cards from what I gather)
LAN (2.5GB and Standard)
Audio
Acceleration

What doesn't:
Sleep - I've not had sleep work for me since Big Sur.

Uploaded EFI. Remember to add SIMBIOS for MacPro 7,1 and Adjust Core Count per AudioGod guide.
Let me know if I've missed anything and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Attachments

• EFI 13 Beta 11.zip
    29 MB · Views: 23

stotes

AMD OS X Member
Alright, Got Ventura Beta 11 installed and running thanks to John L's 0.8.5 EFI

View attachment 7814
What works:
Intel Bluetooth and Wifi (Handoff works but no Apple watch or continuity camera - standard faire with non-Broadcom cards from what I gather)
LAN (2.5GB and Standard)
Audio
Acceleration

What doesn't:
Sleep - I've not had sleep work for me since Big Sur.

Uploaded EFI. Remember to add SIMBIOS for MacPro 7,1 and Adjust Core Count per AudioGod guide.
Let me know if I've missed anything and I'll try to answer as best I can.
I was able to get Sleep Working with your EFI by using my USBMapKext and AudioGod's ACPI folder.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to get Intel Bluetooth working and have been experiencing this:
Code:
  Bluetooth Controller:
  Address:    NULL
  State:    Off
  Chipset:    BCM_4350C2
  Discoverable:    Off
  Firmware Version:    v0 c0
  Product ID:    0x0001
  Supported services:    0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
  Transport:    USB
  Vendor ID:    0x004C (Apple)

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 5
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 8

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member
I was able to get Sleep Working with your EFI by using my USBMapKext and AudioGod's ACPI folder.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to get Intel Bluetooth working and have been experiencing this:
Code:
  Bluetooth Controller:
  Address:    NULL
  State:    Off
  Chipset:    BCM_4350C2
  Discoverable:    Off
  Firmware Version:    v0 c0
  Product ID:    0x0001
  Supported services:    0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
  Transport:    USB
  Vendor ID:    0x004C (Apple)

[/C
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing those. I tried replacing the ACPI and USBMap kexts but still no further with Sleep.

As for the bluetooth, this is what I get when it's enabled.
Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 5.18.39 PM.png

From what it looks like on yours, maybe it's disabled in BIOS?

stotes

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing those. I tried replacing the ACPI and USBMap kexts but still no further with Sleep.

View attachment 7854

What BIOS version are you using?

It's definitely not disabled as it works in Windows 🤷‍♂️

sass

AMD OS X Member
my PC also bluetooth worked with these 2 kexts.

Ekran Resmi 1.png

sass

AMD OS X Member

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 7854

Managed to get Sleep working. Just had to update the BIOS to the latest version.

brexit2016

AMD OS X Member
Ventura 13 RC works with 0.8.5 EFI above. Updated today.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.