AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

remac

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
apparently my problem does not originate from opencore. Here is a screenshot of it.error.jpg

Has anyone else already stumbled across this? I already changed the mode of the PCIe-Interface to Gen4 but it didn't help...
I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had a similar problem with my Power Color 6900 XT Ultimate. some of the more bespoke cards are not supported out of the box. however, they can me made to work.

I followed this guide to get it to work. I suspect you have to follow some similar procedure to get the 5700XT to get it to be properly recognized by Monterey.

remac

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
thx for your answer but in macOS the graphics card is fully recognized and running great. It is the UEFI of the Mainboard that can't recognize it properly...
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-21 um 20.24.36.png

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
sorry for the noob question but how do you boot into MacOS when your graphics card is not recognized by the motherboard?

remac

AMD OS X Member
I‘m asking myself the same question. Well it gets recognized and then, every second boot, this message appears and the mainboard changed the csm settings. Then I disable the csm setting and reboot and it reboots just fine. But if I reboot again this message appears again. And so on…

remac

AMD OS X Member
Jup

Edit: maybe the mainboard doesn't like that one display is plugged in via Display Port and the other via HDMI? But then, why should that concern the mainboard?...Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-21 um 21.33.50.png

Last edited:

remac

AMD OS X Member
Ok seems odd but it seems that this problem only occurs when I reboot my pc. If I shut down my pc and then boot it, this message doesn’t occur… Is it possible that there are still settings from opencore in the nvram that could trigger this?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Ok seems odd but it seems that this problem only occurs when I reboot my pc. If I shut down my pc and then boot it, this message doesn’t occur… Is it possible that there are still settings from opencore in the nvram that could trigger this?
Yes I think so. Have you tried to use the ResetNVRAM function and rebooted the system?

remac

AMD OS X Member
No. Tomorrow i will change my macOS-SSD to a WD_Black SN850 and make a clean Monterey Install. Eventually i will reset the NVRAM before that.
But i think i can life with this workaround (shutdown and boot instead of reboot).

raffan

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone. Built-in bluetooth and wifi (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200) works successfully on my asus e-gaming with Monterey 12.4.
Just add three kexts to your efi folder.

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
On specifications of motherboard onboard BT 5.0

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You shouldn't need the BcrmPatchRam3.kext as that is specifically for a Broadcom Bluetooth module.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone. Built-in bluetooth and wifi works successfully on my asus e-gaming with Monterey 12.4.
Just add four kexts to your efi folder.

can you tell us the device IDs for both the onboard BT and Wi-Fi?

what kind of (connection) speeds are you getting with the onboard wifi?

is the onboard Bluetooth BT 5.0?

raffan

AMD OS X Member
You shouldn't need the BcrmPatchRam3.kext as that is specifically for a Broadcom Bluetooth module.
you're right. works with three kexts.
BcrmPatchRam3.kext is not needed

already corrected my previous post )

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.2 Pre Release (Updated June 28th, 2022) - Link

This EFI works with both Ventura and Monterey. There are some nuances to the installation process of Ventura that are noted in the post.

This new update includes the most recent stable pre release of OpenCore and the updated Kexts. Now AvoidRuntimeDefrag can be enabled.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone. Built-in bluetooth and wifi (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200) works successfully on my asus e-gaming with Monterey 12.4.
Just add three kexts to your efi folder.

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
On specifications of motherboard onboard BT 5.0
Nice work,

I was just wondering how the speeds are? Do any to Apples services like AirDrop work?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I don't use airdrop. WiFi about 250-300 mbps (with my router). Magicmouse works fine.
could you test airdrop and handoff pls? my EFI using the fenvi T919 for wifi and the ASUS BT-400 USB dongle is super stable.. but I would prefer to use the onboard BT and wifi if possible instead , but handoff is super important to me so I don't want to give that up.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Yes any further information about the Apple services would be very helpful.

Last edited:

raffan

AMD OS X Member
could you test airdrop and handoff pls? my EFI using the fenvi T919 for wifi and the ASUS BT-400 USB dongle is super stable.. but I would prefer to use the onboard BT and wifi if possible instead , but handoff is super important to me so I don't want to give that up.
Unfortunately, I could not connect via handoff or airdrop to my macbook pro, although using the same apple ID

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.