Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

agarcia415mile

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the instructions.

I used your configs and generated some new serial numbers in 2 ways.

The first way was through GenSMBIOS
The 2nd way was through the OpenCore Configurator.

Both produced the same outcome. Here's a pic of the logs.
Not sure what's up at this point, but at least we got this far....

Attachments

• 20231225_122040.jpg
    20231225_122040.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 20231225_114813.jpg
    20231225_114813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks for the instructions.

I used your configs and generated some new serial numbers in 2 ways.

The first way was through GenSMBIOS
The 2nd way was through the OpenCore Configurator.

Both produced the same outcome. Here's a pic of the logs.
Not sure what's up at this point, but at least we got this far....
Does the installer log just freeze/stop at this point? If so, does the same error message still appear, "macOS Ventura is not compatible with this Mac"?

agarcia415mile

AMD OS X Member
The last 5 lines in those previous pictures only show up after I click "OK" to exit the "macOS Venture is not compatible with this Mac" dialog.

So. the installer log doesn't quite stop, it will keep showing logs if I try more actions, like repeatedly trying to install.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The last 5 lines in those previous pictures only show up after I click "OK" to exit the "macOS Venture is not compatible with this Mac" dialog.

So. the installer log doesn't quite stop, it will keep showing logs if I try more actions, like repeatedly trying to install.
When I return from holiday next week I can test your EFI folder on my Asus Gene. Even though it's a different motherboard, I should still be able to use it.

But please compress and post the EFI folder here on this website so there is no ambiguity about the right version.

Last edited:

agarcia415mile

AMD OS X Member
Have a great vacation and thanks for yours and everyone's help so far. Here's the exact compressed EFI I used on my last run.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 17

pbs888

AMD OS X Member
Do you guys feel that you are not getting a full AMD CPU performance when running MacOS?

I also have M1 Pro 14" and that computer feels much snappier.

I have a 7950x and in geekbench 6 I get single core 2484. However, when I run in same benchmark in Windows / Linux I get 2950 for single core. I am running stock CPU speed (no AI overclocking) with EXPO enabled for RAM at 6000 Mhz.

Is there anything config (EFI, kexts) related I can change to improve this?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Do you guys feel that you are not getting a full AMD CPU performance when running MacOS?

I also have M1 Pro 14" and that computer feels much snappier.

I have a 7950x and in geekbench 6 I get single core 2484. However, when I run in same benchmark in Windows / Linux I get 2950 for single core. I am running stock CPU speed (no AI overclocking) with EXPO enabled for RAM at 6000 Mhz.

Is there anything config (EFI, kexts) related I can change to improve this?
We have found that GeekBench scores in Windows are typically higher for all systems (AMD and Intel) when compared with macOS. We believe this is because the operating system APIs involved by GeekBench may be faster in Windows.

kingquan

AMD OS X Member
Hey Casey,

I have two issues with my build (Asus Tuf Gaming B650M-Plus Wifi w/ AMD 7950X)

1. Keep getting "Disk not ejected properly" after wake (USB hard drive plug directly at the rear). Don't want to use the Jettison app for this fix.

- USB Ports already have been mapped

2. YouTube videos would play at 10x after wake if all cores were overclocked at 5.0GHz or above. Anything at 4.9GHz or below, then is fine. Normal overclock with PBO is no issue.

Besides that, the build is working great at 99%. Thank you

IMG_1481 2.JPG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.05.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.05.29 AM.png
    137 KB · Views: 22

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

Hey Casey,

I am using the B650M Riptide and have an ASRock TB4 AIC.

TB Hotplug is working with the Maple Ridge SSDT, but as soon as I enable it whenever I shutdown/restart I end in a boot loop and need to ClearCMOS.

Did you ever got TB Hotplug fully working across Shutdowns/Restarts on AMD?

Best,
Chris

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

Hey Casey,

TB Hotplug is working with the Maple Ridge SSDT, but as soon as I enable it whenever I shutdown/restart I end in a boot loop and need to ClearCMOS.

Best,
Chris
is a am5 bug

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
tried to patch my DSDT like mentioned and had no errors in it afterward, but I didn't notice any difference. And I had no errors in it before I removed the CPVS Method.
Hi
it is not related
We did many tries and when it seems hot plug works well , with a sleep or a simple reboot Bios reset (some time it is also difficult to restore in a right way in my rig)
What I don't get: People are saying AM5 Bug, but why is it working with Windows?
this is good point to discuss
and it seems it could be an OSX bad DSDT usage/implementation (original or modified one)

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
On trx50 gigabytes in the acpi origin nothing is defined for tb4, wmtf is missing and the various gpe methods that are needed are missing, the acpi paths of the Thunderbolt are missing, this means that applying the patch on ssdt for hotplug it does not reset the bios.
You can create the same condition as trx50 on am5 x670 or b650, dropping the table where you find the gpe methods of the Thunderbolt defined and on dsdt the acpi paths of the tb remove them. And then you try to inject an ssdt with new paths and the dsms to activate hotplugs.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Work? If you don't try it, you won't be able to find out
Good luck

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ

Hey Casey,

Best,
Chris
Admittedly this is a belated reply, but alas I was not able to resolve this problem. If I inject any properties into the Thunderbolt device tree, whether from SSDT or via OpenCore device properties, my system complains and asks me to reconfigure BIOS on every reboot.

I have since abandoned the quest to enable hot plug on Maple Ridge. Most Thunderbolt devices will work when connected and powered up before boot.

But this does not mean I'm not interested in someone finding a solution to this problem! I am just spending time on other projects, most notably on setting up a home lab with:
  • TrueNAS Scale on a DIY NAS
  • Home Assistant to automate the home (amazing software)
  • NextCloud to implement a workaround to AirDrop
  • Jellyfin to serve as a media player (just finished ripping nearly 300 Blu-ray discs and consuming 14TB of space on the NAS)
  • Homepage -- which is a front end to all the network-based applications in the home lab
This is also why I've not been replying promptly to forum posts here and elsewhere! :)

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
@Lorys89 Maybe you can help me. I want to know what to do to get it close to the TRX50 implementation.

Attached is my so far best EFI.

In general: TB Controller in Windows is on PCIO.GPP1.NVME.

Removing NVME Device I can inject SSDT-Maple-Ridge and UPSB Device.

TB is on GPP1. GPP1 is defined in SSDT-4 "CPMTBASL".

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 18.44.31.png

But I have also GPE and GPP1 in DSDT.aml

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 18.43.48.png

Currently I have:

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 18.47.14.png

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 21.48.24.png

Dropped CPMTBASL because it gave me ACPI errors. LPC0.EC0 not found.

With this setup, no ACPI Errors. 22 tables loaded successfully.

I have tried:
  • Dropping CPMTBASL and of course injecting SSDT-Maple-Ridge. SSDT-Maple-Ridge injects with removing NVME Device under GPP1.
  • patching DSDT.aml and also trying to replacing NVME device with UPSB and everything underneath, so basically injecting what's in the SSDT-Maple-Ridge directly into the DSDT.

Hotplug works fine, and the IOReg also looks fine with both methods. So UPSB ->DSB0->NHI0 etc. are successfully injected as well as the XHC3 USB.

But as soon as I restart, I have a bootloop and need to CLRCMOS to get it starting again.

Attachments

• EFI_TBHP_noACPIError202.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 5
  • SysReport_B650M-Riptide_BIOS202.zip
    91.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSDT_202_patched_CPVS removed.aml.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 2

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
@Lorys89 Maybe you can help me. I want to know what to do to get it close to the TRX50 implementation.

Attached is my so far best EFI.

In general: TB Controller in Windows is on PCIO.GPP1.NVME.

Removing NVME Device I can inject SSDT-Maple-Ridge and UPSB Device.

TB is on GPP1. GPP1 is defined in SSDT-4 "CPMTBASL".

View attachment 13219

But I have also GPE and GPP1 in DSDT.aml

View attachment 13220

Currently I have:

View attachment 13221

View attachment 13223

Dropped CPMTBASL because it gave me ACPI errors. LPC0.EC0 not found.

With this setup, no ACPI Errors. 22 tables loaded successfully.

I have tried:
  • Dropping CPMTBASL and of course injecting SSDT-Maple-Ridge. SSDT-Maple-Ridge injects with removing NVME Device under GPP1.
  • patching DSDT.aml and also trying to replacing NVME device with UPSB and everything underneath, so basically injecting what's in the SSDT-Maple-Ridge directly into the DSDT.

Hotplug works fine, and the IOReg also looks fine with both methods. So UPSB ->DSB0->NHI0 etc. are successfully injected as well as the XHC3 USB.

But as soon as I restart, I have a bootloop and need to CLRCMOS to get it starting again.
send ioreg log

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.