Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks to. I'm slowly getting lost in it. If you would be willing to help me and update my config.plist with a complete EFI it would help me a lot. Thank you for your willingness and time.Paolo

I can update the config.plist on Wednesday. Currently on a business trip. Please remind me if you don’t get a reply here by end of Wednesday.

Attached is the updated config.plist. Please add serial numbers to PlatformInfo -> DataHub before using. Let's see if this file makes a difference.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 10

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Attached is the updated config.plist. Please add serial numbers to PlatformInfo -> DataHub before using. Let's see if this file makes a difference.
Thanks. But unfortunately it doesn't work ...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks. But unfortunately it doesn't work ...
Fortunately we have the same motherboard so I'll try booting my Asus X670E Gene using your EFI folder. Will reply back later in the day.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Fortunately we have the same motherboard so I'll try booting my Asus X670E Gene using your EFI folder. Will reply back later in the day.
thank you very much. I have been testing it all day but finding a mistake I am not doing well ... I'm probably an old woman :)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
thank you very much. I have been testing it all day but finding a mistake I am not doing well ... I'm probably an old woman :)
No worries! :)

Please try the attached EFI folder as follows:
  1. Rename top level folder to EFI
  2. Add serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub
This is my current EFI folder with a number of junk items removed. I've tested this successfully on my own system.
Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 9.31.53 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.4-X670E-GENE.zip
    28 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
No worries! :)

Please try the attached EFI folder as follows:
  1. Rename top level folder to EFI
  2. Add serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub
This is my current EFI folder with a number of junk items removed. I've tested this successfully on my own system.
View attachment 11804
So unfortunately the same problem. He does not burn to recovery. BIOS? I have BIOS 1602 ..... but without a problem I installed efi from @coralding #193

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hello. I'm still looking for a mistake why EFI doesn't go to Recovery. I'll try to compare the working efi from @coralding #193 with your EFI. It is not possible to not work.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
So I returned the borrowed MOBO Gene and go back to AM4. Gene is an excellent album but for me does not suit. @CaseySJ very much thank you for your help and patience with my person.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hey @CaseySJ when will we get an update from you on the latest Opencore version? Will you write an update pertaining to the use and installation of macOS Sonoma? Would be awesome to hear on this resource again! I am trying to update my Bro's PC with the latest OC version, would love to have your secret sauce to make it as bare metal as possible! :)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

banhmi

AMD OS X Member
Hi CaseySJ, I was successful install Ventura using EFI OC 091 Asus x670e Gene for my X670e Pro Prime and Fenvi T919 for WF/ BT. I have problem with BT, audio and thunderbolt/usb4. What should I change to make its work. Thank you so much. IMG_6839.pngIMG_6840.pngIMG_6841.pngIMG_6842.png

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@banhmi
You have to map well your USB (for audio and BT)
for thunderbolt i see the same but it works well (only hotplug is problematic)

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
hey guys. Any chance this efi on topic work on my B650E-E Strix? I will Try!

banhmi

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new in hackintosh. After hundred of time reset Cmos and thousand of reboot , I was successfully installed Sonoma. Thank you everybody, who spend a lot of time to create and share the EFI. I'm extremely appreciative. Thanks a lot.
Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 10.31.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-13 at 10.36.15 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-13 at 10.35.38 PM.png

RapidAdjustment

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Long story short,
I got the bios of the Asus ProArt X670E corrupted after numerous attempts to get TB hotplug working.

Short story long,
Two days ago I thought to have accomplished to thing I was painstakingly trying to get working.
I used the TB3 SSDT within your package which didn't give me anything pointing towards a TB device not under PCI nor under Thunderbolt. For the latter I just read the evidence that I'm not alone. After adding the SSDT-SBRG however, I got two new PCI devices presented. The first was the Thunderbolt device and the second was my UA Apollo x4 that's connected to it. I raised my arms, resulting in back muscle cramps, shouted "yeahooouuch *******" and when the cramp stopped I played around with some DAW's that won't run on Windows.
I also checked some data in the IOReg app and I finally could see full paths to the PCI devices which previously were missing, even when my x4 was working so without the SSDT's which I still can't understand tbh. Oh and before I forget, I fully mapped my own USB ports and dumped all the ACPI shizzle using Windows prior to my second journey on the OpenCore route (had OC running on a Gigabyte X570 board without any issues for years).

So totally overjoyed I switched on my Hacky this evening and after 30 seconds I really knew something was wrong...again.... I got a black screen and my case fans nearly did "wingardium leviosa" my case through the room. I think you also have the LED on your Mobo to see the cycles/checks the Mobo performs prior going to the bootmanager. Normally the cycle ends with a white LED, lowering fan speed and the boot manager is presented/used. The white LED never appears. I tried resetting, pulled the plug, pulled the mobo battery, short-circuit the clear CMOS header, really every single thing to get the bios to reset. At first it helped but when I configured every setting back to which is needed to represent the OC settings (disabled sound/bluetooth/WiFi, these two d*mn annoying Asus Bloatware pushers for Windows and some other things) and Save/Reboot the Bios settings/System I got back to no white LED/Bootmanager. At the end nothing helped and I really thought I bricked the board, with a great and special boatloader that is.... Thankfully that USB port that can flash a bios saved the day and I'm now writing this in Windows totally afraid to boot up Ventura.

I Googled the issue and I've seen guys having the same corruption issue with Gigabyte boards a while back but not with Asus boards. I also read the OpenCore manual again, zoomed in at the OpenCore Boot Issues section but I couldn't find a definitive answer to the question why OpenCore can do something destructive to the Bios making it unable to get to the white LED cycle. Why does OpenCore need to change the bios to work and why does this result in a corruption, this can't be behaviour by design?

I'm clearly missing something here. Did I fubar my system because I used the SSDT-SBRG.dsl for instance? This SSDT was added just before the system went dark. Still, apparently it's needed to get the Thunderbolt device showing up and have otplug working. As I'm writing this I'm really in doubt of having seen it working (hotplug) or that I dreamed seeing it work. One thing is for sure, the PCI devices were visible which was not the case before I added SSDT-SBRG.

@CaseySJ or anyone elase, did you encounter something like corruption? Does anyone have got TB hotplug working with both the dsl files or maybe with just one or none? Is there something I totally forgot to configure perhaps?

I really would like to let people know that when you experiences the same corruption behaviour you clearly do not have to RMA the board. Use the great feature called "Bios Flashback", it really helps. Before you do this, first remove the battery for a while (during my second attempt I pulled the battery for 15 minutes). Insert the battery again, insert the USB stick in the lowest port next to the little tiny plastic black button thingy (Stick needs to be FAT32 formatted, Bios file renamed with the tool or by hand) and press and hold it for 3 seconds. A small green LED will start to flash and after a while the flashing speeds up a notch, it takes some time so do not worry. Wait till the LED goes off, pull the USB stick and reboot the system. Happy happy, joy, joy. In the event you see 5 flashes resulting in the LED to lid up constantly you need to repeat the battery pull and wait longer or you even need to short-circuit the Clear CMOS header, just as I needed to do after my first attempt. For some reason Bios access seems locked or something, really strange.

I would like to thank all of you in advance. I really need to let you'll know that my response back can sometimes take some time. I'll be back as soon as I can :)

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Long story short,
I got the bios of the Asus ProArt X670E corrupted after numerous attempts to get TB hotplug working.

Short story long,
Two days ago I thought to have accomplished to thing I was painstakingly trying to get working.
I used the TB3 SSDT within your package which didn't give me anything pointing towards a TB device not under PCI nor under Thunderbolt. For the latter I just read the evidence that I'm not alone. After adding the SSDT-SBRG however, I got two new PCI devices presented. The first was the Thunderbolt device and the second was my UA Apollo x4 that's connected to it. I raised my arms, resulting in back muscle cramps, shouted "yeahooouuch *******" and when the cramp stopped I played around with some DAW's that won't run on Windows.
I also checked some data in the IOReg app and I finally could see full paths to the PCI devices which previously were missing, even when my x4 was working so without the SSDT's which I still can't understand tbh. Oh and before I forget, I fully mapped my own USB ports and dumped all the ACPI shizzle using Windows prior to my second journey on the OpenCore route (had OC running on a Gigabyte X570 board without any issues for years).

So totally overjoyed I switched on my Hacky this evening and after 30 seconds I really knew something was wrong...again.... I got a black screen and my case fans nearly did "wingardium leviosa" my case through the room. I think you also have the LED on your Mobo to see the cycles/checks the Mobo performs prior going to the bootmanager. Normally the cycle ends with a white LED, lowering fan speed and the boot manager is presented/used. The white LED never appears. I tried resetting, pulled the plug, pulled the mobo battery, short-circuit the clear CMOS header, really every single thing to get the bios to reset. At first it helped but when I configured every setting back to which is needed to represent the OC settings (disabled sound/bluetooth/WiFi, these two d*mn annoying Asus Bloatware pushers for Windows and some other things) and Save/Reboot the Bios settings/System I got back to no white LED/Bootmanager. At the end nothing helped and I really thought I bricked the board, with a great and special boatloader that is.... Thankfully that USB port that can flash a bios saved the day and I'm now writing this in Windows totally afraid to boot up Ventura.

I Googled the issue and I've seen guys having the same corruption issue with Gigabyte boards a while back but not with Asus boards. I also read the OpenCore manual again, zoomed in at the OpenCore Boot Issues section but I couldn't find a definitive answer to the question why OpenCore can do something destructive to the Bios making it unable to get to the white LED cycle. Why does OpenCore need to change the bios to work and why does this result in a corruption, this can't be behaviour by design?

I'm clearly missing something here. Did I fubar my system because I used the SSDT-SBRG.dsl for instance? This SSDT was added just before the system went dark. Still, apparently it's needed to get the Thunderbolt device showing up and have otplug working. As I'm writing this I'm really in doubt of having seen it working (hotplug) or that I dreamed seeing it work. One thing is for sure, the PCI devices were visible which was not the case before I added SSDT-SBRG.

@CaseySJ or anyone elase, did you encounter something like corruption? Does anyone have got TB hotplug working with both the dsl files or maybe with just one or none? Is there something I totally forgot to configure perhaps?

I really would like to let people know that when you experiences the same corruption behaviour you clearly do not have to RMA the board. Use the great feature called "Bios Flashback", it really helps. Before you do this, first remove the battery for a while (during my second attempt I pulled the battery for 15 minutes). Insert the battery again, insert the USB stick in the lowest port next to the little tiny plastic black button thingy (Stick needs to be FAT32 formatted, Bios file renamed with the tool or by hand) and press and hold it for 3 seconds. A small green LED will start to flash and after a while the flashing speeds up a notch, it takes some time so do not worry. Wait till the LED goes off, pull the USB stick and reboot the system. Happy happy, joy, joy. In the event you see 5 flashes resulting in the LED to lid up constantly you need to repeat the battery pull and wait longer or you even need to short-circuit the Clear CMOS header, just as I needed to do after my first attempt. For some reason Bios access seems locked or something, really strange.

I would like to thank all of you in advance. I really need to let you'll know that my response back can sometimes take some time. I'll be back as soon as I can :)
I had hotplug work on the x670e hero but when rebooted or shut down the bios reset, but it also happened when activating hotplug on the titan ridge on pcie and not just on the internal tb4. It's definitely an am5 bios bug.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Ssdt sbrg It doesn't affect tb, it's just a spoof to intel motherboard.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@RapidAdjustment,

I commend you for the effort in trying to make hotplug work on AM5 platform.

This may be hard to hear, but I really don’t think Thunderbolt hot plug is going to work in any acceptable manner.

If we just avoid any Thunderbolt SSDT and connect our Thunderbolt devices before boot, they will work. They may or may not work after wake-from-sleep.

If Thunderbolt hot plug is needed, we have two options: (1) a real Mac or (2) an Intel Hackintosh with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge add-in-card.

On the other hand, older Intel motherboards with on-board Titan Ridge controllers are also good options.

EDIT:
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD AM4) with on-board Titan Ridge controller has good Thunderbolt hot plug functionality when controller is flashed to enable Thunderbolt Bus (but flashing is not strictly necessary)

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
In gigabyte b550 vision d without the flash of the fw works well hotplug, l has my friend @Vorshim92

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
I'd be curious to let try hotplug on an asrock x670 taichi mb to figure out if it's an agesa bug or an asus only bug

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.