AMD Ryzen R9 5900HX+6600m Install Monterey kernel Panic

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
hey, @ExtremeXT, @Visual, I just got a minisforum hx90g, when I install monterey 12.6, I get a kernel panic message, I tried a few patches made by @Visual, but the kernel panic message will Recurrence; if it is convenient, can you provide directions or ideas to solve the problem; thank you very much.
Monterey_12.6_KP.png

Attachments

• Reports.zip
    220.3 KB · Views: 16
  • EFI.zip
    19 MB · Views: 18

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
@daliansky

我无法打开之前发布的 ACPI 表(DSDT、SSDT、FACP 等)。如果在 OpenCore config.plist 中设置以下参数,这些文件将在 EFI 分区中名为 SysReport 的文件夹中生成:
  • 杂项 -> 调试 -> 目标 = 67
  • 杂项 -> 调试 -> 系统报告 = 真
进行这些更改后,我们只需要重新启动并进入OpenCore引导选择器。现在系统报告应该已经准备好了。

然后,可以将上述两个参数更改回以前的设置。

Attachments

• SysReport.zip
    137.8 KB · Views: 2

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@daliansky

A quick suggestion:
  • Because USB ports stopped and screen went blank, it is possible that the system hanged
  • But in case the system is still alive, one quick suggestion is to turn off the 4 kexts shown in screenshot below
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 6.39.48 AM.png
  • If iGPU cannot be disabled in BIOS, then it's recommended to enable SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml
  • Also consider disabling SSDT-USB-Reset.aml for now (can always enable it later)
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 6.48.50 AM.png
Thanks for posting SysReport. All the files in there are okay.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I recorded a video for reference.
I faced a similar problem some time ago, but it only happened with using either HDMI or DisplayPort. I don't remember the details, so:
  • If you are using HDMI, try using DisplayPort
  • If you are using DisplayPort, try using HDMI

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
Today, when I was adapting the mainframe with the same specifications from another manufacturer, I found through the BIOS that there is an option for Primary Video Adapter. It is estimated that the default setting is Int Graphics (IGD) when the factory leaves the factory. I'll contact the factory to see if I can get a full-featured BIOS. I will update on this thread.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I hope we can make this system work because I'm also interested in this particular model!

There is also a new UM90, but I believe it has iGPU only:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
HX99G will be shipping in early March. Let’s hope video output works with Monterey and Ventura.

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
HX99G will be shipping in early March. Let’s hope video output works with Monterey and Ventura.

The good news is: it can be installed, but only two USB ports can work normally;
Existing problems are: a. Unable to wake up; b. The USB 3.1 bus where Bluetooth is located cannot work properly.

Attachments

• HX99G.zip
    19 MB · Views: 25

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Good to see macOS running on HX99G!!

I’ll take a look at EFI folder to see if there’s any straightforward solution for wake-from-sleep and USB port.

Most sleep/wake problems are due to USB port configuration issues so the two problems you reported may be related.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The good news is: it can be installed, but only two USB ports can work normally;
Existing problems are: a. Unable to wake up; b. The USB 3.1 bus where Bluetooth is located cannot work properly.
I've made some changes to the config.plist (attached):
  • Added Find and Replace to the PCI Bus Enumeration patch, and changed Count to 1
  • Changed ProcessorType to 3841 (0xF01) instead of 3842 based on RestrictEvents Readme
  • Commented out boot argument -lilubetaall
However, I didn't make any changes to USB port map (yet)...

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 5.16.53 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 5.28.42 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.8 KB · Views: 5

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
I've made some changes to the config.plist (attached):
  • Added Find and Replace to the PCI Bus Enumeration patch, and changed Count to 1
  • Changed ProcessorType to 3841 (0xF01) instead of 3842 based on RestrictEvents Readme
  • Commented out boot argument -lilubetaall
However, I didn't make any changes to USB port map (yet)...

View attachment 9835

The config.plist configuration file has been corrected, but the USB seems to have no improvement.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The config.plist configuration file has been corrected, but the USB seems to have no improvement.
I can create a new USB port map for testing purposes. If you created a port map diagram similar to below, that would be very helpful.

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 9.35.03 AM.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@daliansky,

I've created a USB port map that uses two SSDTs and one kext. This has not been tested, so it would be best to copy your EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash drive and make the changes there:
  1. Copy SSDT-USB-HX99G-GP17.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI folder and add to config.plist -> ACPI
  2. Copy SSDT-USB-HX99G-GPP5.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI folder and add to config.plist -> ACPI
  3. Copy USBPorts-XHC5-XHC6-XHC7.kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder and add to config.plist -> Kernel
  4. Uncheck or disable all existing USB port map files
  5. Reboot from USB flash disk
  6. After logging into macOS, please run IORegistryExplorer (attached) and select File -> Save As... to save IOReg file; then compress and post that file
No changes were made for GP19 because DSDT seems to define those USB ports correctly.

It would also be good to do this:
  • Disable all USB port map files (including mine)
  • Boot macOS with no USB port mapping enabled
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file
  • This will help to understand the baseline (auto discovery by macOS)

Attachments

• Port-Map-HX99G.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IORegistryExplorer.zip
    227.7 KB · Views: 2

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
After looking at photos of HX99G, I see there are two USB4 ports (rear) and one standard Type C (front). In my port map there are no type 9 ports, but DSDT defines three type 9 ports. I’m hoping we don’t need to define all three Type C ports ourselves.

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
@daliansky,

I've created a USB port map that uses two SSDTs and one kext. This has not been tested, so it would be best to copy your EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash drive and make the changes there:
  1. Copy SSDT-USB-HX99G-GP17.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI folder and add to config.plist -> ACPI
  2. Copy SSDT-USB-HX99G-GPP5.aml to EFI/OC/ACPI folder and add to config.plist -> ACPI
  3. Copy USBPorts-XHC5-XHC6-XHC7.kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder and add to config.plist -> Kernel
  4. Uncheck or disable all existing USB port map files
  5. Reboot from USB flash disk
  6. After logging into macOS, please run IORegistryExplorer (attached) and select File -> Save As... to save IOReg file; then compress and post that file
No changes were made for GP19 because DSDT seems to define those USB ports correctly.

It would also be good to do this:
  • Disable all USB port map files (including mine)
  • Boot macOS with no USB port mapping enabled
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file
  • This will help to understand the baseline (auto discovery by macOS)

Attachments

• HX99G_with_USBPorts-XHC5-XHC6-XHC7.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 2

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
After looking at photos of HX99G, I see there are two USB4 ports (rear) and one standard Type C (front). In my port map there are no type 9 ports, but DSDT defines three type 9 ports. I’m hoping we don’t need to define all three Type C ports ourselves.
When I plug the device in the two usb4 ports, the device is recognized in hackintool, but when using diskutil list, it gets stuck and the device becomes unresponsiveUSBPorts.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.