AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
Awesome, did you remove EC-USBX and replace it with USBX?

I have power nap enabled, I like that feature. You can see how I have it set on page one.

Yes I've checked your screenshots after that.

Still no good, I still got a kernel panic when trying to sleep/wake. I think it's something with my Nvidia GT740 configuration.

I'm only using your SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-USBX and SSDT-SBRG. I've removed all others

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
Awesome, did you remove EC-USBX and replace it with USBX?

I have power nap enabled, I like that feature. You can see how I have it set on page one.
I've tried once again and still no good, when I put it to Sleep from Apple>Sleep it does turn off the screen, and after few seconds it turns off the fans and but after a couple of seconds it goes on again but no screen, just the fans and keyboard lightning. Clicking on mouse or keyboard does nothing.

I don't have any wake up call on pmset logs.

2021-02-18 16:50:42 +0000 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=160': Using AC (Charge:0%)
2021-02-18 17:06:55 +0000 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=153': Using AC (Charge:0%)

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I'm sad, I made a BIG mistake (for Sur ;))
I managed to install Big Sur with your EFI v1, and it worked rather good (excepted wifi)
Then I saw you v2 folder and decided to redo a fresh clean install on a new disk after all trial I did with previous one
I created the media installer, mounted the EFI partition copied you EFI, wiped out all my disks (without backup, of EFI v1) and tried to boot
Unfortunately, system does not even reaches opencore selection. It shows the apple logo and immediatly reboots and loop
I checked bios parameter dozen of times, I'm completely lost
I tried to remake the installer key on a new key, re-download your efi, and one again started fresh but no luck at all
Do you have any idea on how to diagnose and maybe manage to go further ? maybe you can repost EFI.v1 so that I can give it a try ?
many, many thanks in advance

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'm sad, I made a BIG mistake (for Sur ;))
I managed to install Big Sur with your EFI v1, and it worked rather good (excepted wifi)
Then I saw you v2 folder and decided to redo a fresh clean install on a new disk after all trial I did with previous one
I created the media installer, mounted the EFI partition copied you EFI, wiped out all my disks (without backup, of EFI v1) and tried to boot
Unfortunately, system does not even reaches opencore selection. It shows the apple logo and immediatly reboots and loop
I checked bios parameter dozen of times, I'm completely lost
I tried to remake the installer key on a new key, re-download your efi, and one again started fresh but no luck at all
Do you have any idea on how to diagnose and maybe manage to go further ? maybe you can repost EFI.v1 so that I can give it a try ?
many, many thanks in advance
0.6.6 v1 and v2 are identical in every way other then V2 has a kernel patch for big sur 11.3 but it’s not active until you instal 11.3 therefor the EFI is identical to V1 when booting 11.1 or 11.2 as it’s using the same patches and there’s no other changes within the EFI.

Note - you need not clean boot your system every time you swap over your EFI. That is totally pointless as it will not effect your already installed hard drive in anyway. It’s the EFI partition that the EFI lives in not the main partition. I hope that clears things up for you for the future and save yourself a lot of unnecessary hassle. :)

fix38

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your answer, I have better understanding now.
I did it exactly same way as my first installe mounting the EFI specific partition to copy folder in and so on ...
unfortunately, I formatted all previous drives thinking It would install seamless like previous time but the installer key is even not booting at all and reboots everytime without reaching opencore selection panel
I think I'm totally F#&é§ up now 😭😭😭I do not understand why this is not booting anymore on the key (may the install process have damaged the MB so that it cannot boot anymore ?)

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I added 'debug=0x100 -v' to boot args and discovered I get a "wake failure" as shown in the pic below , then computer reboots
found on internet that it may be due to incorrect EFI structure, missing memory driver and so on which I cannot believe as I absolutely did not alter your EFI folder (except putting Seriel, MLB and UUID)

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for your answer, I have better understanding now.
I did it exactly same way as my first installe mounting the EFI specific partition to copy folder in and so on ...
unfortunately, I formatted all previous drives thinking It would install seamless like previous time but the installer key is even not booting at all and reboots everytime without reaching opencore selection panel
I think I'm totally F#&é§ up now 😭😭😭I do not understand why this is not booting anymore on the key (may the install process have damaged the MB so that it cannot boot anymore ?)

Recreate your usb installer bud.

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I did it 3 times on 3 different keys indeed, same result each time. 😖😫😩
May it be linked to somethinh saved in NVRAM during a previous process that is not cleared up ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I did it 3 times on 3 different keys indeed, same result each time. 😖😫😩
May it be linked to somethinh saved in NVRAM during a previous process that is not cleared up ?
Possibly. Did you not clear your nvram?

fix38

AMD OS X Member
nope, I did not thought it was necessary as I formatted everythinh and never had to do so in the past.
I do not know how to do it now afterward.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
nope, I did not thought it was necessary as I formatted everythinh and never had to do so in the past.
I do not know how to do it now afterward.
Press space at the bootpicker and it will reveal the option to reset your NVRam.
Or remove all power from the PC and then reset the bios either by removing the battery for a few minutes or by shorting the jumpers on the board,
Or update your bios to revision F33c AGESA 1.2.0.0 and this will wipe out your NVRam in the process.

X570 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I was about to update bios after downloading f33c when I just read you post.
thanks, going to try that now

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I eventually managed to clear it all and re-install big sur...
It seem that it was due to unclear NVRAM and it is now running fine (eventhough I could not get the boot audio scheme to work 😅 ).
I have a last issue, the opencore bootpicker does not select big sur by default but my other efi installation (manjaro) on another disk
How can I force the bootloader to select my bigSur intallation by default ? (my research on that topic were a bit odd to understand)
A BIG thanks again for your EFI folder, and all the support here
:p:D:love:👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I eventually managed to clear it all and re-install big sur...
It seem that it was due to unclear NVRAM and it is now running fine eventhough I could not get the boot audio scheme to work 😅.
I have a last issue, the opencore bootpicker does not select big sur by default but my other efi installation (manjaro) on another disk
How can I force the bootloader to select my bigSur intallation by default ? (my research on that topic were a bit odd to understand)
A BIG thanks again for your EFI folder, and all the support here
:p:D:love:👍👏👏👏👏👏👏
Your Welcome buddy. :)

At the bootpicker select the OS you want to select as the default boot drive and press Control and Enter. Done 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I've tried once again and still no good, when I put it to Sleep from Apple>Sleep it does turn off the screen, and after few seconds it turns off the fans and but after a couple of seconds it goes on again but no screen, just the fans and keyboard lightning. Clicking on mouse or keyboard does nothing.

I don't have any wake up call on pmset logs.

2021-02-18 16:50:42 +0000 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=160': Using AC (Charge:0%)
2021-02-18 17:06:55 +0000 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=153': Using AC (Charge:0%)
You need to create yourself a USBMap.kext specifically for your board.
Its nice and easy to do just read and follow the instructions slowly and your be fine.
If you have already made yourself one then its probably incorrect somehow.

wore

AMD OS X Member
Yes exactly that but you should also use my EFI with your Catalina install as like I’ve said a few times to you now it’s totally cross compatible. One EFI to control them all not an Efi for cat and a different one for big sur. this is wrong.
as for windows install guides, again like I’ve already said doing it in windows is a pain to do as your working outside of the macOS environment so you need to use stuff like explorer++ and partition wizard to do it all with. The OC guide explains it best.

Dear AudioGod,
I was able to create the bootstick from within Catalina, no problems at all, please see Image 1;
I inserted your EFI, just swapped OpenHFSPlus.efi for the older HFSPlus.efi;
but then I got stuck again at the apple (see Image 2), no idea why;
my 33a Firmware settings are just like you say;
do you have any hints for me?

Attachments

• 1_IMG_20210220_220434.jpg
    1_IMG_20210220_220434.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2_IMG_20210220_214407.jpg
    2_IMG_20210220_214407.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 2
  • EFI.ZIP
    3.9 MB · Views: 4

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@wore update your firmware to F33c, there's a bad bug in 33a

make sure your using the following bios settings and if you have any overclocks set then turn them off for now.
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
And Clear your nvram.

tiagoadriao

AMD OS X Member
You need to create yourself a USBMap.kext specifically for your board.
Its nice and easy to do just read and follow the instructions slowly and your be fine.
If you have already made yourself one then its probably incorrect somehow.

I've already done it before. I've attached screenshots with it on Hackintool. I even disable the USB2 ports completely and internal usb 2.0 port used to connect bluetooth

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I was wondering. Is it worth resetting NVRAM once and a while at boot ? (maybe when changing values in config.plist for ex ?)
Once again thanks for your great support and files @AudioGod

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I was wondering. Is it worth resetting NVRAM once and a while at boot ? (maybe when changing values in config.plist for ex ?)
Once again thanks for your great support and files @AudioGod
Anytime you update of make a change to your EFI you should reset your NVRam in-between the changes. Make it a habit and your never go wrong.
If you read my update notices or page one on my thread Im always harping on to reset the NVRam... :)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.