Search results

1. vanquish

Adobe Photoshop - Are there still issues with Adobe and AMD Hackintosh?

I am currently running Ventura on an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and it pretty much runs fine however, I always have problems with Adobe apps. They open and as soon as I try to do anything in the app, even just open an image, it crashes to the desktop. This also happened with Big Sur. I had seen a few...
  2. vanquish

Has anyone found a way to install macOS with a Ryzen APU only?

At the moment I run Big Sur with a Ryzen 2600 and Sapphire RX580 8GB. It runs fine, and wireless and Bluetooth both work, iMessage doesn't but that is no big deal. However the RX580 whilst ok when doing normal stuff such as browsing, email etc but when I open anything graphics intensive like a...
  3. vanquish

Clean Install Of Ventura on Gygabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi with Ryzen 5 2600?

I currently run Big Sur 11.5.2 and most things are working fine. Never managed to get iMessage to work but that is a small niggle. I would like to get Ventura up and running but I have attempted to upgrade before and it did not go well! Luckily I had a back up cloned version of my drive to...
  4. vanquish

Can anyone see what is wrong with this EFI?

Up until a few days ago, I was running BigSur just fine. I then tried to update to Monterey and it all went wrong. However, I was not too concerned as I had a hard drive with Catalina that I could boot to. Only it wouldn't boot! I am not sure why. It has always booted before. I do now have a...
  5. vanquish

Running Mojave in Parallels, Virtualbox or Fusion. Is it possible?

I recently had a need to run some older 32 bit apps and as I am using BigSur I can't do this. So someone suggested I use Parallels to install Mojave or High Sierra. The only problem is, they don't work. Virtualbox won't recognise my USB. Or rather it sees that I have a USB but it won't boot...
  6. vanquish

Need To Install High Sierra but what to change in my current EFI?

Ok, so I am running BigSur without much in the way of problems however I need to use some apps that are 32bit only. As far as I know, the only way I can do this is to set up an earlier install of OS X. I will be installing to a fresh drive so no need for any dual boot stuff. My motherboard...
  7. vanquish

What is the cheapest graphics card I can use?

I have Big Sur running fine on a Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI and I am currently using an XFX 7850 2GB graphics card. It's fine but I could do with something a little more up to date. I am a bit out of touch with the whole Hackintosh/Graphics Card thing but I know there are probably just a...
  8. vanquish

How do I auto boot to BigSur?

I currently have three hard drives installed in my machine. The main drive with BigSur, a second drive (240GB) which is a clone of my main drive and one with Catalina on. When I boot my machine I get a black screen with a choice of drives. However, it sits there for around 20 seconds, during...
  9. vanquish

Updating from 11.5.1 to 11.5.2

I am being prompted to update BigSur to version 11.5.2 and just wondered if there are any issues I should be aware of before proceeding?
  10. vanquish

WiFi Upload Speed Very Slow With Broadcom Card

The motherboard is a Gigabyte B540 I WiFi Pro and up to now, I had been using the built-in wireless card (intel) with Heliport for my Wifi. Upload and download speeds were fine but I wanted to use AirDrop and iMessage and I understood that these would work better with an Apple-compatible...
  11. vanquish

Processor Unknown and Serial Number Default String?

I have just recently managed to install BigSur and for the most part, everything is working fine. However, I noticed that whereas in Catalina my system showed as a MacPro 2017 and Core i5, it now shows processor unknown and serial number as "default string". Has anyone else come across this issue?
  12. vanquish

Upgrading from Catalina to BigSur. Never seems to work.

I currently run Catalina 10.15.7 which mostly runs fine. The only thing that doesn't work is AirDrop but I can live without that. I would like to upgrade to BigSur and I have tried this several times before but always seem to get stuck on the Apple logo on a black screen and cannot get any...
  13. vanquish

Any way to get iMessage working?

I have just managed to get Wifi & Bluetooth working on my Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi but I still cannot get iMessage working. I think I remember reading somewhere that this is down to the serial number used in the config.plist? Is that correct? I have tried quite a few serial numbers but...
  14. vanquish

Any suggestions for a budget graphics card that works with Catalina/Big Sur?

I think I may need to update my graphics card in order to use my new Gigabyte A520M DS3H motherboard. At the moment the bios won't allow me to disable CSM so I cannot boot into Catalina or do a Big Sur install. My current graphics card is an XFX 7870 2GB. It works with Catalina on the B450 I...
  15. vanquish

Hard Drive EFI Appears Empty but Catalina boots from it fine!

As some of you will know, I have been trying to get Wifi and Bluetooth working on my B450 I Pro Wifi board. In order to do this, I need to add some files to the EFI and update the config.plist however, on mounting the EFI there is no Boot or OC folders within it. I don't understand how this can...
  16. vanquish

Is it possible to get Bluetooth & Wifi working on a B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI?

I have been spending a lot of time and money trying to get working wifi and Bluetooth on my Catalina 10.15.7 system, but I have had no success at all. Has anyone else done it? Or is it just not possible to use the board's built-in Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac Wave2 WIFI & BT 5?
  17. vanquish

Big Sur upgrade from Catalina failing on B450 I Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 2600, XFX 7870

I have been running Catalina 10.15.7 for some time now and apart from the usual things like wifi and Bluetooth not working it was ok. However, I wanted to install a fenvi 1200M Wifi/Bluetooth card but my B450 I has no PCIE slot for it. So I bought a Gigabyte A520M DS3H and Ryzen 3600. I...
  18. vanquish

Changed from B450 I to A520 Motherboard plus Ryzen 3600 Gen 3 now stuck on Apple logo

Ok so I had Catalina 10.15.7 working fine on a B450 I with a Ryzen 2600 however I could never get the Bluetooth or Wifi to work. I bought a Fenvi 1200M wireless card but forgot that my B450 I doesn't have the PCI-E slot for it. I then bought a Gigabyte A520M DS3H so I would have the PCI-E slot...
  19. vanquish

Moving from Gigabyte B450 I with Ryzen 2600 to a new motherboard. Suggestions?

Ever since I installed Catalina 10.15.7 on my Gigabyte B450 I with Ryzen 2600 I have had no wifi or Bluetooth. Some people had mentioned fixes but nothing worked. So I decided to buy a Fenvi FV-HB1200 PCI-E Wireless card. Only I forgot that my motherboard doesn't have a PCI-e slot! So now I am...
  20. vanquish

Graphics Card Recommendations?

I am currently running Catalina 10.15.7 on a B450 I Pro WIFI. CPU is Ryzen 5 2nd Gen 2600 and Graphics card is the XFX 7870 2GB. Up until now, it has been fine but over the past two days it has locked up in World Of Warcraft. Yesterday it completely froze and I had to reboot. Today It was...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.