Can anyone see what is wrong with this EFI?

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Up until a few days ago, I was running BigSur just fine. I then tried to update to Monterey and it all went wrong. However, I was not too concerned as I had a hard drive with Catalina that I could boot to. Only it wouldn't boot! I am not sure why. It has always booted before.

I do now have a 2009 Mac Pro with High Sierra installed. So I was able to access the EFI on the Catalina drive. I have no idea what could be wrong though.

I need to be able to boot to Catalina in order to access the EFI on my BigSur drive and replace it with the backup I had made before attempting the update to Monterey. I cannot do it from the Mac Pro because it is an NVME drive and I cannot install it on this machine without some sort of adapter card. Which will be my last resort.

I wondered if anyone has some time. Can you look at the attached EFI and see if anything looks wrong or out of place?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI and my CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 2600 if that helps?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    38 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you used the ClearNvram and ResetSystem tools from the OC boot screen, before booting with this alternative EFI folder? As your system may be holding other settings in the Nvram from your other EFI setup.

/EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
You should not have both Airportitlwm.kext and Itlwm.kext in your setup. One or the other not both. Even if one is not used.

Config.plist.
Misc
> Security > SecureBootModel = Default, should possibly be set to Disabled.

Everything else looks OK.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Thanks. I will try again keeping your suggestions in mind. When I boot I can see a ClearNvram option on the screen but not a ResetSystem option. I will set the SecureBootModel to disabled. And remove the Itlwm.kext.

I do have a NVMe adapter arriving today so I should in theory be able to gain access to my EFI on the BigSur drive and replace it with the backup. Will know more about that later today.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you remove the Itlwm.kext remember to ensure the Airportitlwm.kext has a corresponding entry in the config.plist.

firstshut

AMD OS X Member
Have you used the ClearNvram and ResetSystem tools from the OC boot screen, before booting with this alternative EFI folder? As your system may be holding other settings in the Nvram from your other EFI setup.

/EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
You should not have both Airportitlwm.kext and Itlwm.kext in your setup. One or the other not both. Even if one is not used. five nights at freddy's

Config.plist.
Misc
> Security > SecureBootModel = Default, should possibly be set to Disabled.

Everything else looks OK.
Yes that worked.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.