Search results

1. OG Nerd

Virtual Machine Software that works with AMD Hackintoshes?

I have been using VirtualBox to run a windows 11 VM (I need to have a KLM Server for Windows Machines) up until Ventura and Virtual Box 7, but it is no longer working. Anyone have any other suggestions for software that will work with AMD CPUs on Ventura?
  2. OG Nerd

Unable to upgrade to Ventura

I am having a strange issue, but it is happening on both machines I have tried to upgrade to Ventura 13.0 Official Release. I upgraded to latest Opencore, Updated the patches in my EFI, updated all Kexts and when it goes to reboot during the upgrade, it shows the progress bar and apple logo and...
  3. OG Nerd

Am I Missing Something? Cannot Find Ventura Patches

I am trying to update one of my boxes from 12.6 to Ventura 13.0 (Official Release) and when it goes to reboot for installation it just sits at the apple logo. I am looking for Ventura patches, but I am not seeing them on Dortania guide, Am I overlooking them or what? I have latest opencore and...
  4. OG Nerd

Got A Couple Upgrades For My Work Computer!

I decided to treat myself... I am upgrading my office hackintosh from 32GB Ram to 128GB and from a RX 580 to a RX 6600! Yayy ME! LOL! I am curious however if there will be a noticeable difference in general web surfing and quickbooks operation? I am sure on memory intensive loads it would be...
  5. OG Nerd

LG Gram 17Z90N Touchpad & Pointer Issue

LG Gram 17Z90N Laptop, Intel i7-1065G7 I installed Monterey 12.5 with the attached EFI, however when it boots, even in the installer, the pointer is corrupted (looks like 4 dots in a square) and the trackpad is really choppy/laggy. Any ideas what could be causing it? Also, the wireless AX201...
  6. OG Nerd

Question About Creating DDSTs

When creating custom DDSTs for our machines, I have a couple questions; 1. What is recommended route to create a DDST using SSDTTIME? For example, I bypassed OPENCORE altogether and boot from the windows EFI and then create my DDST dump in windows. My line of thinking would be that this would...
  7. OG Nerd

Asus 17" Chromebook ($169) - Remote Into Ryzen 9 5900X LOL

I was bored and was wondering if I could spend $200 or less for a 16"-17" Laptop and have the same battery life as a $3k Macbook Pro! I purchased a cheap $169 Asus Chromebook and installed Splahtop Person and remoted into my Ryzen 9 Hackintosh. Surprisingly, there isnt much of a performance lag...
  8. OG Nerd

Ryzen 5 3600 - GT 710 - Which SymBios?

Building a file server… Gigabyte B550m, Ryzen 5 3600, NVidia GT 710… Which symbios should I choose? I am trying to boot usb installer with Mac Pro 7,1 but the installer is taking forever to load.
  9. OG Nerd

Upgrades Past 12.1 Don't Show Up...

I know I had this issue with another box and Shaneee told me what to change, however I cannot find that post. I am having the same issue with another box, when I check updates it says there are none, it is on 12.1. If I remember it was a simple setting in config.plist, however, I cannot find it...
  10. OG Nerd

Install and run Monterey Without a wireless/Bluetooth card

I am wanting to build a file server and since it will be hardwired with a nic, can you run Mac OS without a Bluetooth and wireless card or will it flag your account or something?
  11. OG Nerd

AnyMacOS Errors Out

Trying to use AnyMacOS on Monterey 12.3 beta and it errors out when trying to download. I disabled SIP. Screenshot attached
  12. OG Nerd

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X - Ryzen 9 5900X - Mac OS Monterey 12.3 - Opencore 7.7

Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X CPU: RYZEN 9 5900X Graphics: RX 6600 8GB RAM: 32GB XPG D55 DDR4 4133 RGB RAM Ethernet: Realtek Gigabyte LAN Wireless/Bluetooth: Deal4Go BCM94360CS2 1200Mbps 802.11ac SSD: 2X - 512GB XPG GAMMIX X70 Blade NVME + 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVME Bootloader: OpenCore...
  13. OG Nerd

SOLVED - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 - Ryzen 9 5900X - Dual Gen 4 M.2 Slow SSD Speeds

Has anyone ever had issues with a dual gen 4 mobo m.2 slots having one of them running at gen 3 speeds no matter what you do? I purchased the Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 specifically because it claimed to have dual gen 4 m.2s (I am running an XPG Gammix that runs at 7400/2500 and a Sabrent Rocket...
  14. OG Nerd

Monterey - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 - Ryzen 9 5900X - RX 6600 - 2 ODD ISSUES TO RESOLVE

I managed to get Monterey 12.2 installed and running on a Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2, Ryzen 9 5900X and a RX 6600. Everything seems to be working except side car, and I have 2 odd issues. The first, the most annoying, the graphics works and detects, shows RX 6600 8GB however, the display goes...
  15. OG Nerd

Is It Safe To Upgrade to 12.2?

Is it safe to upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2 if opencore and all kexts are up to date?
  16. OG Nerd

Thoughts about RX 6500XT Working?

Anybody have any insight if the RX 6500XT will work for Mac OS Monterey? I ordered 3 of them and would be nice to get it to work with Mac.
  17. OG Nerd

Any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS boards

Does anyone know of any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS and or Ryzen 7 5800x? Wanting to build another box using this hardware.
  18. OG Nerd

Upgraded to Ryzen 5 5600X, now most of my ports don’t work.

I upgraded one of my boxes from a 5 3600 to a 5600x on a Gigabyte X570 Gaming X board. Now most of my USB ports are dead in Mac OS and windows. Been reading that this was an issue but should not be now but it is. Updated to latest bios, tried disabling c states and nothing. Anyone else having...
  19. OG Nerd

Ventura - Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H - Ryzen 5 3600 - RX 570 4G

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: RX 570 4G RAM: 16GB OLOy DDR4 3200 NVME: Plextor 256GB NIC: REALTEK WIFI: FENVI T919/BT4.0 Opencore: 8.8 MAC OS: VENTURA 13.1 What's Working... Everything but Sidecar ** UPDATED EFI FOR RYZEN 5 3600 & OPENCORE 8.8, KEXTS FOR VENTURA...
  20. OG Nerd

Monterey - Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H - Ryzen 5 3600 - RX 5500XT

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: RX 5500XT 4G RAM: 16GB GEIL DDR4 3600 NVME: XPG SPECTRIX RGB S40G 256GB NVME NIC: REALTEK WIFI: INTEL Opencore: 7.6 MAC OS: MONTEREY 12.1 What's Working... Everything but Sidecar (Including Intel Wireless/Bluetooth)
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.