Monterey - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 - Ryzen 9 5900X - RX 6600 - 2 ODD ISSUES TO RESOLVE

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I managed to get Monterey 12.2 installed and running on a Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2, Ryzen 9 5900X and a RX 6600. Everything seems to be working except side car, and I have 2 odd issues. The first, the most annoying, the graphics works and detects, shows RX 6600 8GB however, the display goes black after about 15 minutes and when it comes back on, the displayport audio is missing from sound preferences and audio drops out. If someone could point me in the right direction on this, I would appreciate it. Below is my EFI.

The second issues seems to be cosmetic, I hope, but I have 4 XPG DDR$ 4133 8GB Ram sticks installed with XMP Profile, windows 11 detects correct speeds however, Mac OS is only detecting it as 2666mhz. Any ideas what could be causing that, thank you in advance. I upgraded to latest bios last night (could not boot installer without updating bios.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 16

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Oh and the screen will black out every now and then, then when comes back on the diplayport audio will be back lol.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Screen going black is most likely the machine going to sleep and failing to wake correctly. Just disable sleep and that should fix it. As for the XMP. Most of the time it's purely cosmetic.

whatdoi

AMD OS X Member
Thx for posting.
I am trying to do a setup on my similar config right now :) I'll give you some feedback about sleep and black screen, have also RX 6600 on another I9 setup, I'll try to replace it in my AMD setup. I'll give you info.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thx for posting.
I am trying to do a setup on my similar config right now :) I'll give you some feedback about sleep and black screen, have also RX 6600 on another I9 setup, I'll try to replace it in my AMD setup. I'll give you info.
awesome, thank you

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.