Virtual Machine Software that works with AMD Hackintoshes?

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have been using VirtualBox to run a windows 11 VM (I need to have a KLM Server for Windows Machines) up until Ventura and Virtual Box 7, but it is no longer working. Anyone have any other suggestions for software that will work with AMD CPUs on Ventura?

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
What about VirtualBox 7.0.2? Does it work?
If there are any guides/tutorials on this, please share with us.
No, I tried 7.02, 7.0, 6.1, all have same issue.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
I think I found a solution for a VM for AMD machines since VirtualBox stopped working with Ventura. Theres a small company that came out a couple years ago just released VM Program that gives you the option to emulate for non VM Capable hardware. Unlike UTM, Merge VM Pro is actually useable as an emulator. It costs money, but I am all for supporting small businesses PLUS the CEO handles most support and responds even on weekends. Support is a huge selling point for me.

I was also able to import my VirtualBox VDI image into the Merge VM and thats also a plus.

cristianf

AMD OS X Member
I have been using VirtualBox to run a windows 11 VM (I need to have a KLM Server for Windows Machines) up until Ventura and Virtual Box 7, but it is no longer working. Anyone have any other suggestions for software that will work with AMD CPUs on Ventura?
If you are getting

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
MachineWrap

Here is a temporal solution

• In Recovery, disable SIP or Execute /usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent add VB5E2TV963
  • Reinstall VirtualBox 6.1.40
  • In your VirtualBox VM Configuration -> Enable Remote Desktop
  • Run your VM headless
  • Use any RDP Client to connect and See your machine screen

Last edited:

rthpjm

AMD OS X Member
I ran into the same issue. I think VirtualBox has moved to the Apple framework (hypervisor?). Anyway, the only "built for Apple" virtual environment that I have found to work consistently with MacOS Ventura and AMD host is UTM. (https://mac.getutm.app/). This is an app wrapper (aka GUI) with QEMU embedded. It has worked for me.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I think I found a solution for a VM for AMD machines since VirtualBox stopped working with Ventura. Theres a small company that came out a couple years ago just released VM Program that gives you the option to emulate for non VM Capable hardware. Unlike UTM, Merge VM Pro is actually useable as an emulator. It costs money, but I am all for supporting small businesses PLUS the CEO handles most support and responds even on weekends. Support is a huge selling point for me.

I was also able to import my VirtualBox VDI image into the Merge VM and thats also a plus.

120 euro for mac and 200 euro for Windows?!

x86

AMD OS X Member
I ran into the same issue. I think VirtualBox has moved to the Apple framework (hypervisor?). Anyway, the only "built for Apple" virtual environment that I have found to work consistently with MacOS Ventura and AMD host is UTM. (https://mac.getutm.app/). This is an app wrapper (aka GUI) with QEMU embedded. It has worked for me.
This is awesome, I can actually do some light dev work on my AMD Hack 🔥

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.