Am I Missing Something? Cannot Find Ventura Patches

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am trying to update one of my boxes from 12.6 to Ventura 13.0 (Official Release) and when it goes to reboot for installation it just sits at the apple logo. I am looking for Ventura patches, but I am not seeing them on Dortania guide, Am I overlooking them or what? I have latest opencore and all updated kexts.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Patches are in the Github, https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

Just remember to set core count and enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo. They've been there for a while now lol
I saw that on google, but for some reason I expected it to be on Dortania github... getting old and senile.... lol. Can you please go over the patches to ensure I did it correctly?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 8

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Looks good for a 12 core. Just ensure you've got OC and your kexts updated for Ventura.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Looks good for a 12 core. Just ensure you've got OC and your kexts updated for Ventura.
Doing upgrade, when rebooting and installing, it shows the progress bar, which is moving slowly but not giving time remaining like it did on my m1 Mac mini, is that normal?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Now the only issue I have is that virtual box no longer works, even older version. Says unable to start

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm unsure if it's been updated yet. I had it working previously but required SIP to be disabled so the kexts could load.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm unsure if it's been updated yet. I had it working previously but required SIP to be disabled so the kexts could load.
Yeah I tried that, reinstalling, reinstalling older version…. No go.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you run kextstat | grep -v com.apple you'll see if the VBox kexts are loaded. I'll update mine later on and test it out.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you run kextstat | grep -v com.apple you'll see if the VBox kexts are loaded. I'll update mine later on and test it out.
Ok, I will try tomorrow and report back.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
There are no kexts related to VirtualBox

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Sadly, no VirtualBox version works on Ventura.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.