Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The SSDT-USB-Reset.aml is failing to find the USB controllers. Probably needs a couple of APCI rename patches for your XHC1 and XH00 USB controllers. The first clashes with the Apple USB controller and the second is a duplicate controller. As your DSDT.aml has two controllers with the same/similar names.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 20.48.53.png Rename patches required for the two USB controllers, according to Corpnewt's SSDTTime script output.

The ACPI table has been removed from the EFI attached. See if that helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 2

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
The SSDT-USB-Reset.aml is failing to find the USB controllers. Probably needs a couple of APCI rename patches for your XHC1 and XH00 USB controllers. The first clashes with the Apple USB controller and the second is a duplicate controller. As your DSDT.aml has two controllers with the same/similar names.

View attachment 12827 Rename patches required for the two USB controllers, according to Corpnewt's SSDTTime script output.

The ACPI table has been removed from the EFI attached. See if that helps.
Hi.

This is the current state after try your last EFI.

Thanks both @CaseySJ and @Edhawk for your support.

Regards

Attachments

• SysReport.zip
    110.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Evidence1.jpg
    Evidence1.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 20

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI, I forgot to remove an ACPI patch from the previous EFI's config.plist. Hopefully this one won't error on the USB XH00 controller, again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 5

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI, I forgot to remove an ACPI patch from the previous EFI's config.plist. Hopefully this one won't error on the USB XH00 controller, again.

Hi. Thank you for your last update. Tried with the same result.

Regards

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-13-192903.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Evidence2.jpg
    Evidence2.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 23

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI.

I have changed one of the main Quirks, which should hopefully get you past the "Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest"" error.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 4

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
To keep cleaner this thread I would suggest to create a new one for this MSI x670e carbon motherboard
Problem could be also new motherboard bios and its new AGESA with incoming CPU support I suggest to try also to revert to an old AGESa 1.08 or to check if dsdt needs to be patched as asus new bioses

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI.

I have changed one of the main Quirks, which should hopefully get you past the "Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest"" error.
Hi again. It didn't work again. Should I use the last comment of @Lorys89. Could you review it?

I mean if i have to use with your last EFI or you it should have to be modify.

Thank you so much for your support

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Hi again. It didn't work again. Should I use the last comment of @Lorys89. Could you review it?

I mean if i have to use with your last EFI or you it should have to be modify.

Thank you so much for your support

I wrote to you what your problem is and others have also pointed it out to you. Wait for the review and then decide what to do😁

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
I wrote to you what your problem is and others have also pointed it out to you. Wait for the review and then decide what to do😁
No, no it's not for you. This is a misunderstood. I'm not a expert that's why I ask what EFI can I use with the DSDT because I tried severals modifications. I will try with the last one and I will let you knwo if it works. Thank yo

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
This is the last one tried with the DSDT.aml. I don't know if it should work witht he SSDT which are currently into the EFI. It has not booted.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-14-173950.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 0

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Change usb port

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
Change usb port
Hi. Unfortunatly it doesn't work. I tried with other ISO images generated into osx virtual machine with the same result. Just only I can try with older release of osx. I will try with 12 release in order to check if it works.

Note: I'm using it.

AMI BIOS7D70v1C2023-11-2911.45 MB and I think so is - AGESA ComboPI 1.0.9.0 updated.

Thanks so much to all the guys providing support on it @Lorys89 @mariettosun @Edhawk @CaseySJ

Regards

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Properly set the bios?

Amdar

AMD OS X Member
Properly set the bios?
Hi.

So sorry for not answer soon. I was trying with other images and old releases and the issue is the same stopped and not load the operating system. I don't know if could be the AGESA ComboPI 1.0.9.0 updated even could be some BIOS parameter although I reviewed it. I was trying disable some paramters more into the motherboard unsucessfully. I can¡t belive the motherboard with the same x670e chipset could be so different from ASUS to MSI. Anyway I will keep trying differents settings, perhaps one day we can get the shot. Also I was thinking could be the RX6800XT but it was woking with another i7 8700K with Ventura properly.

Regards

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Amdar
If dsdt patch didn’t work (it should work indeed )
If you know how to downgrade your msi motherboard bios
Try to use an older one with support of your cpu and with agesa 1.0.8 or lower

It is weird only to think that msi x670 board are not compatible with OSX also using Casey ‘s patches

Last edited:

Abdul azim

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Thank you all for this information and hard work. I have an already installed opencore Big Sur. I'd like to use one of the posted EFIs and replace the existing one from my MacPro to my AM5 PC. I see most of the posts here talk about Ventura install, just wondering if these would work on Big Sur too.

Would that be possible?

Ryzen 9 7950x
Asus Rog Strix e670x f-gaming wifi
Crosshair 64gig 6000MHz ram
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
Radeon RX 580 Nitro

Thank you in advance,
PrichA
Where do you copy the EFI folder to in order for the hackintosh to boot without the usb?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.