AMD Rayon R7 5800H Install Monterey kernel Panic

zxc2689963

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, the Monterey kernel panic problem has been solved for AMD R7 5800H notebook installation. It is a great thing that the CPU can now run on 8 cores. Thank you guys very much.Thank them for discovering the problem and providing kernel patches @ExtremeX@Visual

Brand: Lenovo
Model: Legion 5 6th Gen
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600m 8GB ( Separate GPU mode)
HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (1000 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
WDS500G3X0C-00SJG0 (500 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Ram: x2 8GB 3200mhz ddr4
Display: 15.6 1080p 165HZ

Updated October 5, 2023
Problems solved:
1. You do not need to disable XHCI
2. The microphone problem is rectified
3. Monitor brightness can be adjusted, only in Ventura

Unresolved issues:
Failure to wake from sleep

Attachments

• EFI-2023-10-5.zip
    40 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Solution
Panic from Monterey 12.6
View attachment 7258
Thanks. I looked at the sched_prim.c file in the XNU Kernel source code (nice of Apple to let us know exactly where to search) and found that it's related to the TSC (Time Stamp Counter) Syncronization of the CPU cores. The section of the code which gives the panic is: https://github.com/apple-oss-distributions/xnu/blob/xnu-8020.140.41/osfmk/kern/sched_prim.c#L2836
Unfortunately Apple didn't update the XNU Source Code for macOS 12.6 yet, but I still managed to find the place where it calls the panic.
Image 1 is the code of XNU that panics if the time between cores does not match (not syncronized properly).

As seen when comparing the Big Sur and Monterey code (Image 2), Big Sur...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to install Python on your system for the Terminal commands to work.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Where and how have you installed Python? If you have undertaken a custom install then Terminal might not be able to find the app/command to start Python on your system.

Which make and model WiFi card? Most Intel and the natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT cards work in macOS with the correct OC settings and kexts. But MediaTek, Realtek and Atheros cards don’t work.

Have you read the posts at the beginning of this thread, where common issues with the trackpad etc. are discussed?

翻斗花园-胡图图

AMD OS X Member
Where and how have you installed Python? If you have undertaken a custom install then Terminal might not be able to find the app/command to start Python on your system.

Which make and model WiFi card? Most Intel and the natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT cards work in macOS with the correct OC settings and kexts. But MediaTek, Realtek and Atheros cards don’t work.

Have you read the posts at the beginning of this thread, where common issues with the trackpad etc. are discussed?
Yes, I have read that I have enabled VoodooPS2Controller in order according to the instructions, and disabled ssdt-gpio. The touchpad still does not work

Attachments

• 截屏2023-04-02 08.34.58.png
    截屏2023-04-02 08.34.58.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 26

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you try adding SSDT-XOSI.aml and the config.plist ACPI patch as a replacement, when you disabled the SSDT-GPI0.aml table?

Showing a partial screenshot of your kexts in OCAT is not really helpful. Post a copy of your EFI, without your Serial number being present in the config.plist. And a copy of your system IOReg.

I assume you are using a wired/wireless/BT mouse while trying to fix the trackpad.

翻斗花园-胡图图

AMD OS X Member
Did you try adding SSDT-XOSI.aml and the config.plist ACPI patch as a replacement, when you disabled the SSDT-GPI0.aml table?

Showing a partial screenshot of your kexts in OCAT is not really helpful. Post a copy of your EFI, without your Serial number being present in the config.plist. And a copy of your system IOReg.

I assume you are using a wired/wireless/BT mouse while trying to fix the trackpad.
I hope you can correct it for me. Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 18
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    755.8 KB · Views: 7

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

zljjjjjj

AMD OS X Member

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Using the EFI you created will cause the system to become stuck and unusable
Stuck where? I'm unable to help without information.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.