John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I will make USB Ventura and try installation from it
I would suggest trying the 0.8.1 EFI for the install. It is the one I used to install Ventura, the only change I made was the removing the PlatformInfo. You should probably change your Core Count to be on the safe side.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I would suggest trying the 0.8.1 EFI for the install. It is the one I used to install Ventura, the only change I made was the removing the PlatformInfo. You should probably change your Core Count to be on the safe side.
Core Count we have the same

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Someone on Discord AMD OS X reported that without an internet connection the installer goes into a boot loop. They do not have a compatible WiFi Apple card. In addition, it is unclear if Lucy Realtek is working with Ventura.

I have no way to test, my ITX X570 has a 1GB port and SmallTree is fundamentally broken.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Someone on Discord AMD OS X reported that without an internet connection the installer goes into a boot loop. They do not have a compatible WiFi Apple card. In addition, it is unclear if Lucy Realtek is working with Ventura.

I have no way to test, my ITX X570 has a 1GB port and SmallTree is fundamentally broken.
OK, I did a clean installation of USB Ventura beta + your OC 0.8.2 and the installation is OK and so far everything works .... Thanks for your help. I will test and report. Lucy Realtek works normally.
Edit: I left your OC 0.8.2 as it is, I haven't changed anything yet

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OK, I did a clean installation of USB Ventura beta + your OC 0.8.2 and the installation is OK and so far everything works .... Thanks for your help. I will test and report. Lucy Realtek works normally.
Edit: I left your OC 0.8.2 as it is, I haven't changed anything yet

It must be something with the upgrade. Discord has a lot of posts talking about problems upgrading from Monterey for many on AMD. Shaneee provided the patch. I will update the EFI post too include new install.

I did have one crash when transferring adding about 100 photo files to an Album album in Photos.

Last edited:

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member
AMD Ryzen 3600 + ASUS X570 Pro can't boot why ?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Did you do a new install with the volume formatted as APFS and reset the NVRAM?

Make sure to remove NVRAM -> Add-> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args -> agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Last edited:

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member
My EFI

Opencore 0.8.2 + all new kext Lilu.kext 1.6.1, AppleALC.kext 1.7.3, WhateverGreen.kext 1.6.0 + boot args -v npci=0x2000 alcid=7 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.8.2 ASUS X570 Pro CSM.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 19

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Glad you got it work.

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member

iamprabhuantony

AMD OS X Member
My EFI

Opencore 0.8.2 + all new kext Lilu.kext 1.6.1, AppleALC.kext 1.7.3, WhateverGreen.kext 1.6.0 + boot args -v npci=0x2000 alcid=7 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera

What App is this? Could you please Share the Link... Thanks

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

ccphuc

AMD OS X Member

freeubi

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your work.

I tried to do an clean install with 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 beta, but it didn't worked.
What worked me is a clean 12.4 install [with 0.8.1], then update it via the updater. The downloaded installer dont worked for me for some reason.
I had done only one change to you config, remove the ethernet kexts.

I will test more later, but all of the main things are working.
I have 3900x, with a Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA and a radeon x560.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
There seems to be a lot of variation for what works installing Ventura and what does not. I could never get the upgrade to work. Hopefully the next OpenCore release irons things out for installing and upgrading.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.2 EFI Pre Release - June 28th, 2022 11:20 AM (PST)

Confirmed: MacOS Ventura (Beta 1 & 2) and Monterey.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 11.23.44 AM.png

Updating Nuances:
  • This EFI only works for doing a new install of Venture. Upgrading from Monterey fails to properly install.
  • Updating Ventura from Beta 1 to Beta 2 works properly.
Link - MacOS Ventura 13.0 Beta 1 Installer

The following Kext have also been update to pre release version:

Kext added for other Asus X570 & B550 motherboards: Not able to test on Asus X570 I Gaming.

Make your new volume/partition is formatted to APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Required BIOS and EFI Setting:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.8.2 Pre Release Updated.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
OpenCore 0.8.2 EFI Pre Release - June 28th, 2022 11:20 AM (PST)

Confirmed: MacOS Ventura (Beta 1 & 2) and Monterey.

View attachment 6401

Updating Nuances:
  • This EFI only works for doing a new install of Venture. Upgrading from Monterey fails to properly install.
  • Updating Ventura from Beta 1 to Beta 2 works properly.
Link - MacOS Ventura 13.0 Beta 1 Installer

The following Kext have also been update to pre release version:

Kext added for other Asus X570 & B550 motherboards: Not able to test on Asus X570 I Gaming.

Make your new volume/partition is formatted to APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Required BIOS and EFI Setting:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset
Thanks for your work. I installed Beta2 installation. Unfortunately, the installation will stop on this problem. No Username and Password work... writes about this problem on Discord ...
EDIT : Installation Beta 1 is OK- After the update to beta2 is OK

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2022-06-25_at_13.25.01.png
    Screen_Shot_2022-06-25_at_13.25.01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your work. I installed Beta2 installation. Unfortunately, the installation will stop on this problem. No Username and Password work... writes about this problem on Discord ...
EDIT : Installation Beta 1 is OK- After the update to beta2 is OK
There seems to be a lot of different problems that are arising with Hackintosh installation of Ventura. The problems are all over the place, like asking for a password.

When updating to Beta 2 after each restart I was directed to the login screen to enter my password. I had to do it 3 times to complete the install. So maybe you just need to enter you username and password to upgrade. Mine took me to the normal login screen.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.