John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Forward: This thread is specific to my own EFI for the Asus X570 I Gaming. The EFI should work on most Asus X570 & B550 motherboards.

The EFIs provided are the latest release (unless otherwise noted), feature rich, robust and are stable on my system prior to posting. The EFIs include support for Linux, CPU temperature, GPU temperature and fan speeds in third party apps like iStat Menus. The EFIs provided are drag and drop ready for the most part, only needing the Core Count and Platform Info to be set.

Some EFIs may not include necessary Kext and provisions for all the features to work on other Asus X570 & B550 motherboards such as:
Feel free to modify and change EFIs to suit your own needs.

If you are looking for a basic barebones EFI template I would suggest going to AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI an which is an incredible resource and was how I got started with a Hackintosh.

Operating System:
  • MacOS Ventura (13 beta) & Monterey (12.5 beta 2)
  • Windows 11 (Insider Developer)
  • Holo SteamOS
Hardware:
  • Motherboard: Asus X570 I Gaming
  • CPU: AMD 5950x
  • GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT
  • RAM: Crucial Bastic 64GB 3600MHz CL-16
  • NVMe: Western Digital SN850 2TB NVMe: Western Digital SN550 2TB SSD: Western Digital S500 2TB & Western Digital S500 500GB
  • Case: FormD T1
  • PSU: Corsair SF750
  • WIFI: BCM94360NG M.2
  • Cables: PSlate Cables & J-Hack M2426
  • Custom Closed Loop: Nouvolo Aquanaut Extreme, EK DDC 4.2 Pump, EK Quantum Vector & (2) XSPC TX240 Radiator

I am grateful to AudioGod, Shaneee & Aluveitie for their incredible contributions.

In the spirit of the aforementioned individuals I will do my best to answer any questions within my knowledge scope when time permits.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
BIOS Settings (BIOS Versions 4010 and Up)
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Auto
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Auto
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Other OS
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
EFI Setting

1. IMPORTANT - PATCH INFO FOR SETTING THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU

Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system.

Kernel -> Patch -> (Comment) algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 10.15,11.0
  • Look for Replace and substitute the appropriate Core Count for BA100000 0000 by changing the two characters in red to the Core Count of your CPU in the table below.
Kernel -> Patch -> (Comment) algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 12.0
  • Look for Replace and substitute the appropriate Core Count for BA100000 0090 by changing the two characters in red to the Core Count of your CPU in the table below.
CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20

If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo -> Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

2. IMPORTANT - FIXING iMESSAGES & OTHER APPLE SERVICES
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> (MLB, ROM, SystemProductName, SystemSerialNumber & SystemUUID)

Refer to the Dortania Post Install Guide or copy your existing platform information from a previous EFI.

3. IMPORTANT - GPU
If you're not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi 21 GPU then remove NVRAM -> Add-> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args -> agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

4. IMPORTANT - NETWORK CONNECTION
Ethernet - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is fundamentally broken and does not work on current OpenCore releases Monterey and Ventura
WiFi & Bluetooth - Check the Wireless Buyers Guide

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
NVRAM Reset

When installing a new OS or updating OpenCore always Reset the NVRAM.

This can be done in the Boot Picker by pressing the Space Bar and selecting Reset NVRAM.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.2 EFI Pre Release (June 7th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated at 11:50 AM (PST)

If your are anxious to try MacOS Ventura beta this EFI will allow you to do so and still boot Monterey.

This EFI only works for doing a new install of Venture. Upgrading from Monterey fails to properly install.
Link - MacOS Ventura 13.0 Beta 1 Installer

The following Kext have also been update to pre release version:

Kext added for other Asus X570 & B550 motherboards: Not able to test on Asus X570 I Gaming.

Make your new volume/partition is formatted to APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Required BIOS and EFI Setting:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.8.2 Pre Release.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
If your are anxious to try MacOS Ventura beta this EFI will allow you to do so and still boot Monterey.

OpenCore 0.8.2 EFI Pre Release (June 7th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated at 11:50 AM (PST)

The EFI has now been updated to the latest pre release version.

The following Kext have also been update to pre release version:
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo -> Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is fundamentally broken and does not work on current OpenCore releases.

The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext allows for CPU statistic to be viewed in the TaskBar using the AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip.

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

Has anyone tried the installation? For me, the installation falls and restarts ....

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone tried the installation? For me, the installation falls and restarts ....

I did a clean install from a USB. What Internet connection are you using?

I will try installing it again from a USB on another partition. The only change I made to the EFI was enabling Lucy for Realtek. I don’t have a high speed so I had it disabled.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I did a clean install from a USB. What Internet connection are you using?

I will try installing it again from a USB on another partition. The only change I made to the EFI was enabling Lucy for Realtek. I don’t have a high speed so I had it disabled.
Yes, clean install from a USB. Internet conection Lucy for Realtek

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Yes, clean install from a USB. Internet conection Luci for Realtek

Strange, my USB installer from the other day is not allowing me to go to disk utility. It is just booting directly into recovery.

If pressing the space bar in the picker shows MacOS Recovery 13.0 which does the same thing.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Here is the 0.8.1 EFI I used to install Ventura originally.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 91

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I get into the disk utility. But when installing falls after a short time (20s)
Strange, my USB installer from the other day is not allowing me to go to disk utility. It is just booting directly into recovery.

If you press the space bar in the picker is there a MacOS Recovery.
I get into the disk utility. But when installing falls after a short time (20s)

Pabo

Donator
Donator

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, I will try and give info ..
It does not have the Lucy Realtek Kext.

Installed Ventura with the 0.8.1 EFI. I then created a pre release 0.8.2 so that both Ventura and Monterey could boot off the same EFI. Given 0.8.2 is still a work in progress it is surprising that there are issues.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
It does not have the Lucy Realtek Kext.

Installed Ventura with the 0.8.1 EFI. I then created a pre release 0.8.2 so that both Ventura and Monterey could boot off the same EFI. Given 0.8.2 is still a work in progress it is surprising that there are issues.
Can I install with USB Monterey and then upgrade to Ventura Beta? Lucy I'll add ... Thx

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
One other thing. In the past new install partitions were formatted as JHFS+. They now have to be APFS. I spent hours trying to get a new install of Monterey to work a few weeks ago.

The installer would crash at the very end with less than one minute left and then would not boot. While I would lean towards a pre release EFI issue make sure your volume is APFS before installing.

I added note for good measure with the 0.8.2 EFI.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Yes is APFS

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Can I install with USB Monterey and then upgrade to Ventura Beta? Lucy I'll add ... Thx
I never tested it that way. Sorry. I just did a clean install on a new volume then restored from Time Machine.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I do not know where to download installation Ventura Beta for USB install

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I will make USB Ventura and try installation from it

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.