X570 Dark Hero VIII Hackintosh Help!

mozillah95

AMD OS X Member
Hello all, I have been trying to get my hacintosh to boot but i cant seem to make it past the splash screen! I believe I am trying to install Monterey 12.3(Im not sure I used the dortania python script to download the "latest os" on 03/27/2022. I posted an image to python scripts im refering too.) I will also post my EFI folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! These are my specs:
Asus x570 Dark Hero VIII
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
AMD Radeon 6600xt Sapphire Nitro+
ArcticLiquidFreezer II 360mm
32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 10

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try the OpenCore 0.7.9 EFI folder below, it has been created for a 12-core AMD CPU with an RX6600 XT GPU and your Dark Hero MB.

See if this gets your system to boot.

It is not based on the EFI you posted above, as that has a lot of entries I don't believe you would have normally added when starting to hack your system. So I feel they are fairly suspect and probably the reason your system is not booting correctly. You probably downloaded someone else's EFI that doesn't match with your setup.

Just remember you have to copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition on the USB installation drive. Otherwise OpenCore won't boot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 24

mozillah95

AMD OS X Member
Try the OpenCore 0.7.9 EFI folder below, it has been created for a 12-core AMD CPU with an RX6600 XT GPU and your Dark Hero MB.

See if this gets your system to boot.

It is not based on the EFI you posted above, as that has a lot of entries I don't believe you would have normally added when starting to hack your system. So I feel they are fairly suspect and probably the reason your system is not booting correctly. You probably downloaded someone else's EFI that doesn't match with your setup.

Just remember you have to copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition on the USB installation drive. Otherwise OpenCore won't boot.
That worked!!! It booted right and I’m installing now! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.