Urgent! Help ! Can't boot normal after upgraded memory from 32 GB to 64 GB

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
Hi, Everybody, Today I've upgraded my pc's memory from 32 GB to 64 GB, the four ram are the same model(Kingston 16GB 3200MHz).
after upgraded RAM, the pc can't boot now, and when I plug the oc usb to MB , I can't fine oc usb from boot option. hope some can help me to solve this issue. thanks!

PC INFORMATION:
MB: ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
CUP: Ryzen 3950X 16 Core
GUP: RX 5500XT 8GB
RAM:Kingston 16*4 GB 3200MHz DDR4
SSD:WD SN850X 1000GB

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
Hi, Everybody, Today I've upgraded my pc's memory from 32 GB to 64 GB, the four ram are the same model(Kingston 16GB 3200MHz).
after upgraded RAM, the pc can't boot now, and when I plug the oc usb to MB , I can't fine oc usb from boot option. hope some can help me to solve this issue. thanks!

PC INFORMATION:

PS: I unplug two RAM from mb, the pc can boot normal, everything are working well.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I take it the bios sees all 64 gigabytes and the right XMP profile is set? I would then try an nvram reset.

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
4 dual rank ram sticks could be very hard for ryzen mem controller. In my vision you have errors.
check:
  • remove new ram sticks to check is your PC bootable or not. if yes - it is good
  • try to disable xmp, if bootable - it is great
  • enable xmp & increase dram voltage step by step.
I have 4 x 32GB 1.4V 4000Mhz stcks with 5950x (I had 3950x before) to be able to boot on 3800MHz I need 1.58V dram voltage
When I had 2x32 GB sticks only, I could boot with 1.35V only (3800Mhz)

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
4 dual rank ram sticks could be very hard for ryzen mem controller. In my vision you have errors.
check:
  • remove new ram sticks to check is your PC bootable or not. if yes - it is good
  • try to disable xmp, if bootable - it is great
  • enable xmp & increase dram voltage step by step.
I have 4 x 32GB 1.4V 4000Mhz stcks with 5950x (I had 3950x before) to be able to boot on 3800MHz I need 1.58V dram voltage
When I had 2x32 GB sticks only, I could boot with 1.35V only (3800Mhz)
hi @shnyaps ,

• remove new ram sticks to check is your PC bootable or not. if yes - it is good. ---(yes, it is good)
  • try to disable xmp, if bootable - it is great. ----( I don't know how to disable it, the setting just have three option "manual"/"auto"/"d.o.c.p")
  • enable xmp & increase dram voltage step by step.----( now the default dram voltage is 1.35V, I‘m not sure if increasing the value will damage the RAM , because I just got two new RAM from Kingston. I will consult from MB tech support and then try to increase the value.)

thanks for you help. I will inform you of the test result in time.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

PC INFORMATION:
And where's exactly it getting stuck?

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
hi @shnyaps ,

• remove new ram sticks to check is your PC bootable or not. if yes - it is good. ---(yes, it is good)
  • try to disable xmp, if bootable - it is great. ----( I don't know how to disable it, the setting just have three option "manual"/"auto"/"d.o.c.p")
  • enable xmp & increase dram voltage step by step.----( now the default dram voltage is 1.35V, I‘m not sure if increasing the value will damage the RAM , because I just got two new RAM from Kingston. I will consult from MB tech support and then try to increase the value.)

thanks for you help. I will inform you of the test result in time.
sorry) you have asus (not gigabyte) Try different options. frequency should be 2133/2400/2666 not 3200
I think you need auto

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
So) you need to increase DRAM voltage to be able run with 3200Mhz. Try to increase DRAM voltage by 0.01 until it will boot.
After this you need to test your RAM for errors to check is it stable or not
You can enable XMP but decrease frequency, 3000 MHz for example.
As I said before 4 dual rank sticks are too hard for memory controller.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.