Stuck on the prohibited sign

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
This is my first time of trying to install macos. It will be stuck on the prohibited sign and apple.com/starup/mac When I use the efi to install. Can you check my config.plist and tell me what to do.
This is my pc configuration.
CPU: Razen R5 7500F
Motherboard: Asus ROG B650E-F
GPU: Sapphire 57000XT Nitro OC
SSD: intel optane 900p 280g (system disk)
samsung pm9a1 1t *2
wifi and bluetooth: intel ax210

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI, see if it gets you any further.

Attachments

• EFI-v2.zip
    30.5 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Also can you post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can check that the EC, PLUG-ALT ACPI settings are correct for your 6-core system.

You can use Corpnewt's SSDTTime in Windows to dump the system DSDT.aml.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Also can you post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can check that the EC, PLUG-ALT ACPI settings are correct for your 6-core system.

I have used the efi what you gave me, but it was to be prohibited sign too. I am going to upload my system DSDT.ami later. Thank you.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
This is my dsdt.ami

This is my DSDT.ami. Can you check it? Thank you

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 1

Ryu

AMD OS X Member

I also see the codes before the boot selection. It looks like some files are missing.

Attachments

• B68B704E-A9D5-4186-951C-49417E0CA64A.png
    B68B704E-A9D5-4186-951C-49417E0CA64A.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 43BA9949-A314-43D1-B3B2-C191AF54FD11.png
    43BA9949-A314-43D1-B3B2-C191AF54FD11.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not sure which EFI you are using, but all the missing Key's and WatchDog errors shown in the screen images above, are present in the revised EFI I provided in post #22. Is that the EFI you are currently using?

I have looked through your system DSDT.aml and used it to generate a few custom SSDT's for the revised EFI attached below.
I have also changed your SMBIOS data to one that contains all 4 x SMBIOS entries, plus a few other edits that should help your system boot macOS.

Use the attached EFI as it stands, don't change anything. Let me know if this works or not.

Attachments

• EFI-v2.zip
    30.5 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Oh yeah, I have attached a copy of the Results folder containing the custom SSDT's and patches generated from your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTtime script.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    8 KB · Views: 1

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Not sure which EFI you are using, but all the missing Key's and WatchDog errors shown in the screen images above, are present in the revised EFI I provided in post #22. Is that the EFI you are currently using?

I have looked through your system DSDT.aml and used it to generate a few custom SSDT's for the revised EFI attached below.
I have also changed your SMBIOS data to one that contains all 4 x SMBIOS entries, plus a few other edits that should help your system boot macOS.

Use the attached EFI as it stands, don't change anything. Let me know if this works or not.
Thank you, I will try your efi and upload the result later.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member

It also be the prohibited sign even use the EFI as it stands and didn’t change anything.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you set you bios to run macOS?

These are the options you should change in your bios.

AMD BIOS Settings
  • Note: Most of these options may not be present in your firmware, we recommend matching up as closely as possible but don't be too concerned if many of these options are not available in your BIOS
Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • IOMMU

Enable
  • Above 4G Decoding (This must be on, if you can't find the option then add npci=0x3000 to boot-args. Do not have both this option and npci enabled at the same time.)
    • If you are on a Gigabyte/Aorus or an AsRock motherboard, enabling this option may break certain drivers(ie. Ethernet) and/or boot failures on other OSes, if it does happen then disable this option and opt for npci instead
    • 2020+ BIOS Notes: When enabling Above4G, Resizable BAR Support may become an available on some X570 and newer motherboards. Please ensure that Booter -> Quirks -> ResizeAppleGpuBars is set to 0 if this is enabled.
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
You may need to search for some of the entries, as they may not be shown as listed above.

Some may not be present in your Bios, or only made available when another bios option is changed.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Have you set you bios to run macOS?

These are the options you should change in your bios.

AMD BIOS Settings
  • Note: Most of these options may not be present in your firmware, we recommend matching up as closely as possible but don't be too concerned if many of these options are not available in your BIOS
Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • IOMMU

Enable
  • Above 4G Decoding (This must be on, if you can't find the option then add npci=0x3000 to boot-args. Do not have both this option and npci enabled at the same time.)
    • If you are on a Gigabyte/Aorus or an AsRock motherboard, enabling this option may break certain drivers(ie. Ethernet) and/or boot failures on other OSes, if it does happen then disable this option and opt for npci instead
    • 2020+ BIOS Notes: When enabling Above4G, Resizable BAR Support may become an available on some X570 and newer motherboards. Please ensure that Booter -> Quirks -> ResizeAppleGpuBars is set to 0 if this is enabled.
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
You may need to search for some of the entries, as they may not be shown as listed above.

Some may not be present in your Bios, or only made available when another bios option is changed.
I didn't find Serial/COM Port and Parallel Port in the bios, everything else was set correctly according to the guide.
Maybe the problem on the Macos version? I was according to the opencore guide to download and make the installer.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Could be an issue with the installer., it is not an uncommon turn of events.

If you want to download a the same or a different version of macOS I would recommend using Corpnewt's GibMacOS script. It downloads the OS you select from Apple Servers directly to your machine.

1. Select the green button named 'Code' on the page linked above.
  2. Then select the 'Download Zip' option.
  3. This will download a folder named gibMacOS-Master to your Downloads folder on a macOS or Windows system.
  4. Open the folder, select the gibMacOS.command. if undertaking this on a Mac or other Hack.
    1. Select gibMacOS.bat if running this on Windows.
  5. If you don't have a recent version of Python installed the script will do so for you, before showing you the list of OS's available.
  6. You should then see a screenshot like the one below. where you can Enter the number for the version of macOS you want to download.
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 19.33.04.png Corpnewt's gibMacOS screen where you can select the OS you want to download. Personally I would go with Ventura 13.6.5 or 13.6.6.

The script will download the OS you select to a folder within the gbMacOS-Master folder.
You can download as many OS's as you want, assuming you have the space for multiple OS downlaod's.

Pay specific attention to Note 2: on the gibMacOS page, as that is how you convert the downloaded files to the Installer app.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member

If you want to download a the same or a different version of macOS I would recommend using Corpnewt's GibMacOS script. It downloads the OS you select from Apple Servers directly to your machine.

3. This will download a folder named gibMacOS-Master to your Downloads folder on a macOS or Windows system.
  4. Open the folder, select the gibMacOS.command. if undertaking this on a Mac or other Hack.
  5. If you don't have a recent version of Python installed the script will do so for you, before showing you the list of OS's available.
  6. You should then see a screenshot like the one below. where you can Enter the number for the version of macOS you want to download.
View attachment 13847 Corpnewt's gibMacOS screen where you can select the OS you want to download. Personally I would go with Ventura 13.6.5 or 13.6.6.

The script will download the OS you select to a folder within the gbMacOS-Master folder.
You can download as many OS's as you want, assuming you have the space for multiple OS downlaod's.

Pay specific attention to Note 2: on the gibMacOS page, as that is how you convert the downloaded files to the Installer app.
Thank you, I will use it later and upload the result.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 13847 Corpnewt's gibMacOS screen where you can select the OS you want to download. Personally I would go with Ventura 13.6.5 or 13.6.6.

Maybe I catched the problem. I didn't find anything when I checked the mmio whitelist. Althought I followed @CaseySJ 's guidance and tried to use the opencore debug version to get the mmio whitelist choices, but it's also nothing here. Can you tell me how to make the mmio whitelist ? Thank you.

Attachments

• 0470C3D1-FBD5-4816-B03A-169D114274ED.jpeg
    0470C3D1-FBD5-4816-B03A-169D114274ED.jpeg
    9.7 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.