Stuck on the prohibited sign

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
This is my first time of trying to install macos. It will be stuck on the prohibited sign and apple.com/starup/mac When I use the efi to install. Can you check my config.plist and tell me what to do.
This is my pc configuration.
CPU: Razen R5 7500F
Motherboard: Asus ROG B650E-F
GPU: Sapphire 57000XT Nitro OC
SSD: intel optane 900p 280g (system disk)
samsung pm9a1 1t *2
wifi and bluetooth: intel ax210

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The prohibited sign usually equates to an issue with the USB port you are using, i.e. macOS drops the USB port when control is handed over from the Bios. This is not an uncommon issue.

You can either try swapping the USB pen drive to another USB port.

Or try enabling the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in the config.plist.

You haven't attached any files to your initial post, so no idea if this quirk is enabled or not.

If you do attach a copy of your EFI , make sure you redact/delete the Serial Number from your config.plist. Also when attaching files or folders you need to zip them otherwise they won't be loaded and attached to your post.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You might want to have a read of this Hackintosh Anti-buyers Guide.

# Storage

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
禁止的标志通常等同于您正在使用的 USB 端口的问题,即当控制权从 BIOS 移交时,macOS 会丢弃 USB 端口。这不是一个罕见的问题。

您可以尝试将 USB 笔式驱动器交换到另一个 USB 端口。

或者尝试在 config.plist 中启用 Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit 条目。

您尚未将任何文件附加到初始帖子中,因此不知道是否启用了此怪癖。

如果您确实附加了 EFI 的副本,请确保从 config.plist 中编辑/删除序列号。此外,在附加文件或文件夹时,您需要压缩它们,否则它们将无法加载并附加到您的帖
Oh sorry,i forgot to upload my config.plist. I had changed the Seral number, the uuid and the computer model in SMBios three times, but it still not working. My boot disk is a ssd, I had tried it to work on the usb 2.0, 3.0 and m2 sort, the problem was not change. I cannot upoad the config document, the website always showed me A server error occurred, althought I refresh it. Can you help me.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If the SSD is connected with a USB to SATA adapter then the same issue will be seen as it is the USB port not the drive causing the issue.

If the SSD isn’t connected via a USB adapter, how is it connected?

Have you tried using any of the other USB ports?
Have you enabled the XhciPortLimit quirk?
Have you tried moving the USB adapter to another port, after the installation stalls, but (quickly) before the profited sign appears? Does this keep the installation process running?
Have you set the AMD kernel patches to work with your 6-core CPU?

Not sure why the site would block you attaching your EFI or config.plist.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
I had tried the boot ssd work on the usb sort 2.0 and 3.0. Can you see my config.plist, I think it have be upload, can you check it, thank you.

Attachments

• config.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. I have cleaned up the config.plist you attached, i.e. removed unused/unnecessary entries that you don't need.
  2. As you don't have an AMD RX 6950 XT GPU I have removed the entry for the SSDT-RX6950XT.aml
  3. I don't know if you need the SSDT-CPUR.aml (check the spelling of this ACPI table as it is not correct) so I have left it in your config.plist.
  4. I have removed entries for unnecessary kexts.
    1. IntelBluetoothInjector.kext - doesn't work in macOS after Big Sur.
    2. NootRX.kext - you need WhateverGreen.kext for your AMD RX 5700 XT.
    3. reordered the kexts so Lily and VirtualSMC are first and second in the list respectively.
    4. Removed SMCAMDProcessor.kext and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext, as these are not essential to booting macOS. They can be added back in later if you need/want them.
  5. Your USB configuration is a mess.
    1. You have 4 x kext that are related to your USB configuration.
    2. If the USBMap.kext is correct for your setup, that is the only essential USB kext you need while installing macOS.
    3. The other three can be removed/deleted.
      1. AMDUSBMap.kext - not sure what this contains or if it is just a duplicate of the USBMap.kext. If this is a better USB configuration, keep this kext instead of USBMap.kext.
      2. USBToolBox.kext - This kext does nothing without a custom UTBMap.kext.
      3. USBWakeFixup.kext - Not sure why you have this but as it stands ti is superfluous to your requirements.
  6. Your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist is missing an essential kext for your Intel Bluetooth module, i.e. BlueToolFixup.kext. This kext should be added to your setup to enable the Intel Bluetooth module, as stated in the Intel Wireless/Bluetooth Firmware guide/instructions linked below.
    1. https://openintelwireless.github.io/IntelBluetoothFirmware/FAQ.html
    2. https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM
  7. You do not need or want Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimitentry enabled, if you have a custom USBMap.kext that works for your system.
  8. You do not need all the Tools present in the OC/Tools folder for your system, most can be deleted as they will never be used.
    1. Just keep CleanNvram.efi, OpenShell.efi and ResetSystem.efi
  9. You have an error in your boot arguments - debus=0x100 should be corrected and entered as debug=0x100
  10. As you have alcid=1 boot argument, so you don't need the matching DeviceProperties entry for your audio codecs layout-id.
    1. The DeviceProperties entry should be removed.
  11. The SMBIOS you are using is wrong for the type of AMD system you are using.
    1. You should be using a SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1 not an iMac20,1.
    2. Your Ryzen 5 7500F doesn't include an integrated GPU (IGPU/APU), so you need to use the SMBIOS for an Apple system that also lacks an IGPU.
    3. I would recommend you download and run Corpnewt's genSMBIOS script and generate a new MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
    4. https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS
The config.plist attached contains most of the changes listed above, the exception being the new MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data. You need to add that to the config.plist, so it isn't shared with the rest of the world.

Hopefully the information above and revised config.plist will help you move forward.

Attachments

• config-revised.plist.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 2

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
  1. I have cleaned up the config.plist you attached, i.e. removed unused/unnecessary entries that you don't need.
  2. As you don't have an AMD RX 6950 XT GPU I have removed the entry for the SSDT-RX6950XT.aml
  3. I don't know if you need the SSDT-CPUR.aml (check the spelling of this ACPI table as it is not correct) so I have left it in your config.plist.
    3. reordered the kexts so Lily and VirtualSMC are first and second in the list respectively.
    4. Removed SMCAMDProcessor.kext and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext, as these are not essential to booting macOS. They can be added back in later if you need/want them.
    2. If the USBMap.kext is correct for your setup, that is the only essential USB kext you need while installing macOS.
      1. AMDUSBMap.kext - not sure what this contains or if it is just a duplicate of the USBMap.kext. If this is a better USB configuration, keep this kext instead of USBMap.kext.
      3. USBWakeFixup.kext - Not sure why you have this but as it stands ti is superfluous to your requirements.
  6. Your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist is missing an essential kext for your Intel Bluetooth module, i.e. BlueToolFixup.kext. This kext should be added to your setup to enable the Intel Bluetooth module, as stated in the Intel Wireless/Bluetooth Firmware guide/instructions linked below.
  7. You do not need or want Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimitentry enabled, if you have a custom USBMap.kext that works for your system.
  8. You do not need all the Tools present in the OC/Tools folder for your system, most can be deleted as they will never be used.
  9. You have an error in your boot arguments - debus=0x100 should be corrected and entered as debug=0x100
  10. As you have alcid=1boot argument, so you don't need the matching DeviceProperties entry for your audio codecs layout-id.
    2. Your Ryzen 5 7500F doesn't include an integrated GPU (IGPU/APU), so you need to use the SMBIOS for an Apple system that also lacks an IGPU.
    3. I would recommend you download and run Corpnewt's genSMBIOS script and generate a new MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
The config.plist attached contains most of the changes listed above, the exception being the new MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data. You need to add that to the config.plist, so it isn't shared with the rest of the world.

Hopefully the information above and revised config.plist will help you move forward.
Oh guys I don’t know how to thank you. You helped me a lot. I will try the new confit.plist what you gives me. Thank you.🙏

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
  10. As you have alcid=1boot argument, so you don't need the matching DeviceProperties entry for your audio codecs layout-id.

I have tried the new config.plist and modified the kext, acpi and the smbios, but the result have not changed. This is my complete modified EFI folder. Can you check it, thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    14.5 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I've had a look at your USBMap.kext and found two ports under the XHC1 controller that are set with the wrong UsbConnector. See the screenshots below:

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 21.54.55.png Current USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist with two USB 3 ports set as Internal (255)

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 21.56.19.png Revised USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist with misconfigured ports corrected.

These misconfigured ports may have been the cause of the Prohibited sign kernel panic.

You do not need or want USBInjectAll.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder or enabled in your config.plist. This is an Intel only USB kext. It doesn't work on AMD systems.

The USBMap.kext attached below contains the corrected USB port settings.

See if using this in place of your current USBMap.kext helps.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 2

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
I've had a look at your USBMap.kext and found two ports under the XHC1 controller that are set with the wrong UsbConnector. See the screenshots below:

View attachment 13763 Current USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist with two USB 3 ports set as Internal (255)

View attachment 13764 Revised USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist with misconfigured ports corrected.

These misconfigured ports may have been the cause of the Prohibited sign kernel panic.

You do not need or want USBInjectAll.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder or enabled in your config.plist. This is an Intel only USB kext. It doesn't work on AMD systems.

The USBMap.kext attached below contains the corrected USB port settings.

See if using this in place of your current USBMap.kext helps.
Even after I using the USBmap fileyou gave me,but it still remains a prohibited sign. I an getting increasingly confused. Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which port(s) are you using when running the installation?

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Which port(s) are you using when running the installation?
The web stopped me to upload documents again. Could you give me your email address? I noticed some log codes before the prohibited sign and want to send you.Thank you

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Start a private conversation with me, by hovering your mouse over my name below the User image. Then select 'Start Conversation'.

I don't give out my personal email, to anyone.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Start a private conversation with me, by hovering your mouse over my name below the User image. Then select 'Start Conversation'.

I don't give out my personal email, to anyone.
Oh, I think you can get some effective information from the picture. The codes will appear before the prohibited sign. Thank you

Attachments

• E14DAC2D-359C-4766-ABE8-A7ECCE099EE6.jpeg
    E14DAC2D-359C-4766-ABE8-A7ECCE099EE6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your EFI contains a number of duplicate SSDT's. This is probably the reason for the latest kernel panic.

The SSDT_ASUS-B650E-F.aml table contains the settings duplicated in these two SSDT's:
  1. SSDT-EC.aml
  2. SSDT-USBX.aml
So it would be best if the duplicate SSDT's are removed from your setup.

As you have an Intel AX210 WiFi/BT card installed, I have added Airportitlwm.kext (Ventura Airportitlwm.kext) so the WiFi is activated by macOS.

I have gone through your config.plist again, and made a few minor changes that I think will better suit your system.

The AMD OSX Site isn't allowing me to upload/attach the revised EFI folder at this time. I will try again later or tomorrow morning if it remains an issue tonight before I log out.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Your EFI contains a number of duplicate SSDT's. This is probably the reason for the latest kernel panic.

The SSDT_ASUS-B650E-F.aml table contains the settings duplicated in these two SSDT's:
  1. SSDT-EC.aml
  2. SSDT-USBX.aml

As you have an Intel AX210 WiFi/BT card installed, I have added Airportitlwm.kext (Ventura Airportitlwm.kext) so the WiFi is activated by macOS.

I have gone through your config.plist again, and made a few minor changes that I think will better suit your system.

The AMD OSX Site isn't allowing me to upload/attach the revised EFI folder at this time. I will try again later or tomorrow morning if it remains an issue tonight before I log out.
Thanks your answers , I will try to delete the two files and boot the installation.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Thanks you’re asking, I will try to delete the two documents and boot the

1. SSDT-EC.aml
  2. SSDT-USBX.aml

Oh, even I deleted the two files but the problem have not changed.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you use the ResetNvram Entry from the OC boot screen, to clear the old NVRAM entries, before tying to boot the installer?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.