Solved Stuck on #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] (Ryzen 7 7700X, RX 6800, ASRock ASRock B650M PG Lightning)

blitzdose

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,

after trying to install OS X for about two days I am finally making a post here asking for help.
I had OS X running on my old PC but build a new one and can't get it to work there. No matter what I try, I am stuck on #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. Logs and EFI are attached. I already tried Ventura, Monterey and Big Sur, all with the same problem.

I followed this Guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ from the beginning to the end exactly but no luck. The config.plist already contains some changes that I made which I found with Google that might resolve this issue but I had no luck. It's always the same.

If you need more information just ask. I'm happy to provide as much info as possible to get this fixed.

I have the following System:
  • Ryzen 7 7700X
  • RX 6800
  • ASRock B650M PG Lightning
  • 32 GB Patriot DDR5-6000 (2x 16GB)
  • Samsung 970 EVO PLUS (Yes, already with the newest Firmware, but on this one there is Windows installed)
  • Corsair MP510 (On this one I want to install OS X)

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-03-163105.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 15

blitzdose

AMD OS X Member

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks, but no luck. I disabled my integrated GPU and tried adding the mentioned boot-args but still the same issue. The problem there got resolved by updating OpenCore but I am already using the latest Version 0.9.6
You were missing some key SSDTs and it's likely, but hard to know for sure, that the MmioWhitelist entires had entires not needed. Please try the attached and see if you get any farther

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 13

blitzdose

AMD OS X Member
You were missing some key SSDTs and it's likely, but hard to know for sure, that the MmioWhitelist entires had entires not needed. Please try the attached and see if you get any farther
Still no luck. Exact same issue as before :(

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Could be a bios setting, could also still be an incorrect MmioWhitelist entry.

Disable​

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • IOMMU

#Enable​

• Above 4G Decoding (This must be on, if you can't find the option then add npci=0x3000 to boot-args. Do not have both this option and npci enabled at the same time.)
    • If you are on a Gigabyte/Aorus or an AsRock motherboard, enabling this option may break certain drivers(ie. Ethernet) and/or boot failures on other OSes, if it does happen then disable this option and opt for npci instead
    • 2020+ BIOS Notes: When enabling Above4G, Resizable BAR Support may become an available on some X570 and newer motherboards. Please ensure that Booter -> Quirks -> ResizeAppleGpuBars is set to 0 if this is enabled.
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

#

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This EFI supposedly works with a similar board with an 8 core CPU, USB port mapping will be different and may cause the prohibit sign. Try various ports and or disable the USB port mapping in the config.plist

Attachments

• Hackintosh-ASRock-B650M-Riptide-7800X3D-13.zip
    13.9 MB · Views: 46
Solution

blitzdose

AMD OS X Member
This EFI supposedly works with a similar board with an 8 core CPU, USB port mapping will be different and may cause the prohibit sign. Try various ports and or disable the USB port mapping in the config.plist
Thank you so much. This EFI actually did the trick, the installer is working and currently installing. I had to get my Ethernet adapter working but that was as simple as just putting in the proper kext. One weird thing about this EFI is, that it sets the language of the installer to Russian without showing the "choose language" Dialog. I tried fixing that in the config.plist but that didn't worked so I just changed the language with the help of google translator in the installer GUI.

blitzdose

AMD OS X Member
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-03 um 22.30.33.png
Thank you so much for your help. Install went without any problem and even the update to Sonoma worked well. Only had to reset NVRam and the OS booted right up. It's amazing how intelligent the people are who made all of this work.
(The Processor is not reporting correctly what I have but that's something I absolutely don't care about)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Glad it worked, the processor name can be changed in OpenCore. Google it

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
Hi there i have the same issue and the efi did not work for me
stuck at the apple logo
i think its because the port mapping and i tried a few guides online and this usbtool but it ended up creating a kext with only an info.plist without any content
just wondering what am i doing wrong
pretty new to this custom hackintosh stuff so it must a begineers mistake i think
Glad it worked, the processor name can be changed in OpenCore. Google it

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi there i have the same issue and the efi did not work for me
stuck at the apple logo
i think its because the port mapping and i tried a few guides online and this usbtool but it ended up creating a kext with only an info.plist without any content
just wondering what am i doing wrong
pretty new to this custom hackintosh stuff so it must a begineers mistake i think
Double check the bios settings above and then try this version in post #4

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
Double check the bios settings above and then try this version in post #4
gave the same error again
I had all the bios setting checked couldnt find a few from the menu will try to change them by searching online now

IMG_20231204_172449.jpg

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFIAM5.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 12

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
One other option here to try
ok i did check the bios apart from IOMMU everthing was good and for it it was set to auto
i could not find serial or parrallel in the bios but there was legacy support in usb i think i need it as disabling it would not detect my usb with macos in it anymore

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
oh my bad i just saw this is the section for ventura i am actually trying sonoma does that make a difference i think it does
You can always try Ventura, MSI boards are not the ideal platform for Ryzrntosh.

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
You can always try Ventura, MSI boards are not the ideal platform for Ryzrntosh.
i did not know that at the time i am currently downloading the ventura what do you think is the issue and what should i do to have sonoma as i want to use xcode 15 thats actually why i want macos for the first place

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
the problem is i am not even able to make a virtual machine for sonoma a vm is more than enough for me too but the same error was happening on the vmware too
any change i can download a prebuilt vm or how can i make my own config

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.