Solved Stuck on #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] (Ryzen 7 7700X, RX 6800, ASRock ASRock B650M PG Lightning)

blitzdose

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,

after trying to install OS X for about two days I am finally making a post here asking for help.
I had OS X running on my old PC but build a new one and can't get it to work there. No matter what I try, I am stuck on #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. Logs and EFI are attached. I already tried Ventura, Monterey and Big Sur, all with the same problem.

I followed this Guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ from the beginning to the end exactly but no luck. The config.plist already contains some changes that I made which I found with Google that might resolve this issue but I had no luck. It's always the same.

If you need more information just ask. I'm happy to provide as much info as possible to get this fixed.

I have the following System:
  • Ryzen 7 7700X
  • RX 6800
  • ASRock B650M PG Lightning
  • 32 GB Patriot DDR5-6000 (2x 16GB)
  • Samsung 970 EVO PLUS (Yes, already with the newest Firmware, but on this one there is Windows installed)
  • Corsair MP510 (On this one I want to install OS X)

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-03-163105.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 15

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i did not know that at the time i am currently downloading the ventura what do you think is the issue and what should i do to have sonoma as i want to use xcode 15 thats actually why i want macos for the first place
That's hard to say at this time but one of the most important things you can do when planning to build any hackintosh is to research the components for compatibility. If you can return that board and find a success story here that works it might be easier for you. MSI AM4 boards just did not work at all until earlier this year when there was a break through but it was years before that happened.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Making a Virtual Machine for macOS is harder than you would think, because you need to used a patched VM Installer.

Have a look at this guide, see if it helps.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi there i have the same issue and the efi did not work for me
stuck at the apple logo
i think its because the port mapping and i tried a few guides online and this usbtool but it ended up creating a kext with only an info.plist without any content
just wondering what am i doing wrong
pretty new to this custom hackintosh stuff so it must a begineers mistake i think
I was thinking about this last night and remembered on MSI boards the bios is pretty deep. Hidden inside the Advanced CPU settings the CFG Lock Enabled/ Disable is buried in there. If you haven't found it and turned it off no matter what EFI you use it will give you that sane error.

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
I was thinking about this last night and remembered on MSI boards the bios is pretty deep. Hidden inside the Advanced CPU settings the CFG Lock Enabled/ Disable is buried in there. If you haven't found it and turned it off no matter what EFI you use it will give you that sane error.
unfortunetly there is no such setting in the bios
i saw at the dortania guide that there are tools to enable it i am trying to modify the efi to include them so that cfg can be disabled
its easy when you know what you are doing but i am trying it anyways lol

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
That's hard to say at this time but one of the most important things you can do when planning to build any hackintosh is to research the components for compatibility. If you can return that board and find a success story here that works it might be easier for you. MSI AM4 boards just did not work at all until earlier this year when there was a break through but it was years before that happened.
yeah you are right. At first this was going to be my everyday gaming pc on which i can do freelance stuff from time to time but things took a turn when my friend realized that this pc can run android studio faster than a mac and can build faster too. so he now is thinking to have a few of such computers there but he asked to first try it on this machine and if it works only then we can carry on to do so on the next rigs
and as for the hardware once i go for shopping for them obviously ill do my research to pick the ones that work like the pg riptide i think so that would be a bit easier for me
but i appreciate your help i really do

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
Making a Virtual Machine for macOS is harder than you would think, because you need to used a patched VM Installer.

Have a look at this guide, see if it helps.

Great it worked for me i now have a ventura installation of macos running and i will soon update to sonoma
i have used hackintoshes for a few years in the past but they were on intel based systems on thinkpads where you could just easily google the efi folder and i made vms too but on intel i believe it is or atleast it was basically download vmware patch it using an unlocker and then install the iso like any other os. very simple very easy
i do had some knowledege about the plist from my work in ios development and the hackintoshes i made, and about the efi patition too, but its like the layout what they are not what they do necessarily in hackintosh world
but now i think i should try to build a proper hackintosh setup
thanks for your help

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Just for future reference steer clear of MSI motherboards, if you want an easier build.

Asus or Gigabyte tend to lead to better/less stressful builds. But they are not as cheap as the MSI boards.

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
Just for future reference steer clear of MSI motherboards, if you want an easier build.

Asus or Gigabyte tend to lead to better/less stressful builds. But they are not as cheap as the MSI boards.
I had the option to go for the asus tuf b650 wifi at the same price
i kinda just had this tomahawk in my wishlist from b450 so went with it
but ill keep that in mind

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
I was able to successfully build the sonoma version too
thank you so much i was stuck for a week on this now i can ask my friend to go ahead for the new builds
i was looking in the market and i was able to find a good deal on asus tuf x670e wifi
i think that would be a perfect option considering you said asus or gigbyte are better for hackintoshes
again thanks for your help to both of you

abdulwahab

AMD OS X Member
Hi there!
I was using the virtual machine with xcode and i had those issues with the graphics for the most part they were tolerateable
but in terms of build time in xcode my build times are soo long
like my m1 would take easily half or 1/4 the time as much as this pc and i do think its not a bad pc at all spec wise
so what should i try now maybe trying to get it installed on my pc instead of virtual machine
i am back to where i started i think
and this msi board is the culprit to me not having an easy hackintosh :confused:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not quite back to where you started, as you should have a EFI that will boot macOS, even if it is via a Virtual Machine.

You need to create a Full USB installation USB, so you can install macOS Sonoma on your MSI system. If you still have access to the VM, then download macOS Sonoma and create the USB on that system.

I would use Corpnewt's gibMacOS script to download Sonoma. Select the Green coloured button named 'Code' and select Download Zip.

I would erase a 16GB+ USB pen drive, using the following settings in Disk Utility.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.03.55.png Open Disk Utility and select the USB pen drive, then select the Erase option in the top row.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.04.27.png Name the USB 'Untitled', Format - Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from he drop down list, Scheme - GUID. Select Erase.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.05.05.png You should see this screen, or similar once the USB has been erased and formatted.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.05.17.png The Drive should look like this once the Erase wizard has closed.

Now open Terminal and enter the following command to install macOS Sonoma to the USB pen drive.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sonoma.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

Press Enter/Return button.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.09.59.png You will be asked to provide your password.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.12.28.png You will be asked to allow Terminal to erase the partition named Untitled., press 'Y' Key and Enter/Return to proceed.

Terminal will then erase the partition and start copying the Installation files to the USB. This can take some time, so just let it do its thing.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.39.07.png You should see a screen like this once the installation has completed.

You can now close Terminal.

You should have an new icon on your desktop, named 'Install macOS Sonoma', open this and you will see just the Sonoma installation app that has been copied and restored to the USB.

Now you need to mount the EFI partition on the USB.

Open Hackintool,

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.42.49.png Navigate to the Disks tab and select the down arrow against the USB drive.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.43.16.png You will be asked to enter your password.

A second icon will appear on your desktop, named EFI. This is the EFI partition from the USB, if you followed the instructions above correctly.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.48.48.png pair of icons on the desktop.

Now all you need to do is copy the OpenCore EFI folder you are using for your system to the EFI partition. Assuming you have followed the Dortania OC Ryzen guide when creating the EFI folder, the USB pen drive should be bootable using OpenCore.

After that if you see a kernel panic, post a screenshot of any Verbose text shown along with a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using and what has occurred.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.