Sound blaster pcie Audigy FX

Natale7

AMD OS X Member
I added a Sounblaster Audigy FX sound card, it no longer detects the sound port on the motherboard and nor the pcie port, do you have any solutions, thank you in advance

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sound blaster sound cards are not supported in macOS. As Creative don't provide drivers for many of their cards for use in macOS. Only the MacPro systems are capable of using a card like this and Creative obviously felt there was no need to provide a driver.

There are some drivers ported from Linux but they do not work with the Audigy FX card.

Natale7

AMD OS X Member
Sound blaster sound cards are not supported in macOS. As Creative don't provide drivers for many of their cards for use in macOS. Only the MacPro systems are capable of using a card like this and Creative obviously felt there was no need to provide a driver.

There are some drivers ported from Linux but they do not work with the Audigy FX card.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I had a look at the KX audio driver created by ITzTravelInTime, before I posted the message for you above. The driver states that Audigy cards are not supported and that the driver is being ported to work on old Mac PPC systems (pre-Snow Leopard). That position has not changed from reading the MacRumors Forum page you linked.

It still seems to be a work in progress for the Audigy series of cards on Intel Mac Pro system's and hackintosh's. You have an AMD Hack, so there may be different issues using the driver on your system.

Make sure you read the Release file linked below.

Natale7

AMD OS X Member
ok thank you very much for your answer

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.