Sonoma 14.5 black screen after awake

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
Hello alltogether,

I've recently built an EFI based on the OpenCore guide and GitHub https://github.com/mikigal/ryzen-hackintosh for Sonoma 14.5. Everything runs smoothly except for two issues:

1. After sleep, the system fails to wake up. The monitor lights up but then shows "no signal" and repeats this process.
  2. The system automatically restarts after shutting down.
I have followed the sleep troubleshooting guide on OpenCore but have not made any progress. Additionally, I tried using HibernationFixup.kext without any success. I suspect the issue might be related to the iGPU, but I've already disabled it in the BIOS and used the -wegnoigpu parameter to no avail.

My hardware is as follows:

• CPU: R7 7700
  • Motherboard: Asrock B650M PG Riptide
  • GPU: XFX RX 580 2304sp (with Sapphire BIOS)
  • RAM: 32 GB (2x16GB) Adata DDR5 6000Mhz CL32
  • Wifi/BT: None
  • Opencore version: 1.0.0

By the way, is there any way to log in this situation? Debugging is too difficult without logs.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Do you have a custom USB configuration, I.e. USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext & USBToolBox.kext defined for your system?

The lack of a custom USB configuration or an incorrect configuration are the most common reasons for the problems that you are experiencing.

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk, Thank for the relpy

Follow your advise, I have tried using USBtoolBox to build a custom USB mapping (By the way, how could I know it is correct or not ?), now the issue of auto-restart is solved.

But the it's still can't awake from sleep. I also found that after the modification, the power switch makes the same sound when entering sleep mode as it does when powering on.

Anyway, thanks again , solving one problem is already a significant step forward.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk

There is my power setting, I follow the 'Fixing sleep' section in Opencoe

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 03.56.28.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 03.56.28.png
    59 KB · Views: 2

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
I follow the guide https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...-boot-args-darkwake8-darkwake10-are-obsolete/
And the output is
2024-07-07 00:58:38 -0700 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=180':TCPKeepAlive=disabled Using AC (Charge:0%) 7 secs
2024-07-07 00:59:02 -0700 Wake DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)

Does this indicate that the sleep function is working properly?

I also discovered that after the machine wakes up (the display turns on but shows a black screen), the keyboard input is recognized. The evidence is that a folder on my desktop was renamed, and the new name contains not only some meaningless characters but also my login password (meaning that all the random characters I typed on the keyboard during the wake-up process were accepted).

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Initialisation of the graphics after sleep was an issue for many some years ago. Laptops and desktops behave differently when sleep settings are applied, laptops requiring more work to get them functioning correctly after sleep.

Unfortunately I can’t recall what was required to fix this issue.

You might want to try testing the Hibernatemode setting as 3, 25 or 29 instead of 0. As each mode provides different levels of sleep/hibernation.

I know that attaching a secondary display, usually via HDMI allowed the laptop system display to be woken. But that defeats the point of using a laptop.

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edharwk

The issue was finally solved by change the cable from HDMI to DP , a interesting solution.

I saw someone discussing this issue on another forum, and I remembered that the Hackintosh I'm currently using (H310+i8500) also had a problem with HDMI not waking up when I was setting it up. I changed the cable, and then it worked. I'm afraid there might be some issues with HDMI in terms of waking up the data transmission interface.

Thank you for your kind help.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.