Sonoma 14.5 black screen after awake

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
Hello alltogether,

I've recently built an EFI based on the OpenCore guide and GitHub https://github.com/mikigal/ryzen-hackintosh for Sonoma 14.5. Everything runs smoothly except for two issues:

1. After sleep, the system fails to wake up. The monitor lights up but then shows "no signal" and repeats this process.
  2. The system automatically restarts after shutting down.
I have followed the sleep troubleshooting guide on OpenCore but have not made any progress. Additionally, I tried using HibernationFixup.kext without any success. I suspect the issue might be related to the iGPU, but I've already disabled it in the BIOS and used the -wegnoigpu parameter to no avail.

My hardware is as follows:

• CPU: R7 7700
  • Motherboard: Asrock B650M PG Riptide
  • GPU: XFX RX 580 2304sp (with Sapphire BIOS)
  • RAM: 32 GB (2x16GB) Adata DDR5 6000Mhz CL32
  • Wifi/BT: None
  • Opencore version: 1.0.0

By the way, is there any way to log in this situation? Debugging is too difficult without logs.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Do you have a custom USB configuration, I.e. USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext & USBToolBox.kext defined for your system?

The lack of a custom USB configuration or an incorrect configuration are the most common reasons for the problems that you are experiencing.

kroaity

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk, Thank for the relpy

Follow your advise, I have tried using USBtoolBox to build a custom USB mapping (By the way, how could I know it is correct or not ?), now the issue of auto-restart is solved.

But the it's still can't awake from sleep. I also found that after the modification, the power switch makes the same sound when entering sleep mode as it does when powering on.

Anyway, thanks again , solving one problem is already a significant step forward.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.