Ryzen 7000 Testing

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,
Any advice to fix Realtek RTL8125 ethernet in 600 series MB? Have tried LucyRTL8125Ethernet (v1.1.0) but it doesn't work. still no connection in recovery.
Thank you!
Same here, Kext 1.1.0 loads correctly, checked with kextstat.
Can see the pci entry in hackingtool but the interface is not showing in the network control panel of Ventura 13.5.

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ

i have got a titan ridge v2 card now. i have one question:

Have you bridged the top and middle pins of the vertical 5-pin J1 header? That will power up the card.

how can this be done? Do i need to connect the usb header?

i can see the card in macos 😊

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ

i have got a titan ridge v2 card now. i have one question:

Have you bridged the top and middle pins of the vertical 5-pin J1 header? That will power up the card.

how can this be done? Do i need to connect the usb header?

i can see the card in macos 😊
We can bridge those pins using a female/female Dupont or breadboard cable such as the one that comes in this packet:

The USB connector is needed only if you wish to connect a USB 2.0 device to one of the Thunderbolt ports.

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ
This is how far i get now, see attachements.
Still something funky here.

I can see the card randomly after som reboots.
I use the same SSDTs you sent over here for @@rexxver, since we have the same motherboard.
Also i made my own jumper, i can see the card so i dont know if its working 100% or not :D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.31.18.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.31.18.png
    296.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.31.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.31.20.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Thomas’s Mac Pro.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.35.56.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.35.56.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 20

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
please help! ✌🏼

not working for me.
i can see the focusrite card is attached to the tb port but device not connected, drivers is installed.

in MacOS the card isnt attached at all. Do i need to flash the card?

I cant see the card in bios, is that normal? And do i need to turn off the onboard TB4 to get this card working?

ioreg and stuff is posted above.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
sorry to hijack this thread, but is it ture that Thunderbolt Hot Plug support is now working on Asus X670E Motherboadrs?

I have an X67E Hero running Monterey and don't strictly need TB Hot Plug suppot.. but it is nice to have.

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
hotplug is working, one user in this thread has confirmed that hotplug is working.

but for me nothing works 😅😅

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
sorry to hijack this thread, but is it ture that Thunderbolt Hot Plug support is now working on Asus X670E Motherboadrs?

I have an X67E Hero running Monterey and don't strictly need TB Hot Plug suppot.. but it is nice to have.
Thunderbolt hot plug does not work with the on-board Thunderbolt controllers on AM5 platform.

Thunderbolt hot plug will work with a properly flashed Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge card with its top and middle pins of vertical J1 header connected together.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
hotplug is working, one user in this thread has confirmed that hotplug is working.

but for me nothing works 😅😅
Some observations:
  • Link Status on both ports is showing an error code
  • Current Link Width is empty
  • Link Controller Firmware Version is entirely missing
These problems may be due to a problem with the firmware or the flashing process. I would suggest re-flashing the card. Might be good to try NVM 33 first and then NVM 50.
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 09.31.20.png

This is what Link Status and the other fields should read when no devices are connected:
Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 3.19.56 PM.png

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
ok thanks! i will check out the flashing! can you point me in the right direction on how i can do that?

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone, good to see you! I could use some advice. On Ventura/Sonoma with Ryzentosh, is there a decent solution for virtualization? Not necessarily VirtualBox, anything that works is fine.
UPDATE: I think there is something with Docker and Virtualbox 6 but I don't try it yet! For now I just install UTM with Emulation mode only (Virtualization is unavailable)

Last edited:

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ Do i need any kind of hardware to reflash the card? Like SPI flasher?

Or is there ant other way to do this? i have searched the web and can only see methods with the spi flasher..

So basicly the card is useless for me now 😅

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Or is there ant other way to do this? i have searched the web and can only see methods with the spi flasher..

See here, this was the culmination of weeks of testing:

#15,189

etorix

AMD OS X Member
It requires a CH341A flasher, much preferably a model which works at 3.3V, and a SOIC8 clip. If you do need working Thunderbolt, take it as a $10 investment.

Last edited:

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
i have bought CH341A flasher now! 🎉

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thunderbolt hot plug will work with a properly flashed Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge card with its top and middle pins of vertical J1 header connected together.

Sorry to Hijack again, but don't these motherboards require a TB-header to operate with TB add-in cards?

I was under the impression that the X670E motherboards lack such a header.. what am I missing?

jacoweb

AMD OS X Member
Sorry to Hijack again, but don't these motherboards require a TB-header to operate with TB add-in cards?

I was under the impression that the X670E motherboards lack such a header.. what am I missing?

You dont need a thunderbolt header for add-in cards like GB Titan Ridge, but you will need to flash it with a custom firmware.
Checkout this link.

And you must bridge the card to force power.

F3MHLl.jpg

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

i have bought CH341A flasher now! 🎉

Apologies for the late reply. This is the latest guide for flashing firmware with a 3.3V-capable CH341a programmer:

rexxver

AMD OS X Member
Changing system product name can be tricky so I signed out of iCloud, booted a cloned copy of Ventura, changed both System Product Name (iMac20,2 in this case) and serial numbers, and signed into iCloud on the clone.

Sidecar requires all devices to be signed into the same iCloud account.

With FeatureUnlock.kext applied and these terminal commands issued...

Bash:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display LowLatency -bool True
defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display MinBitrate -int 250000000
defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display MaxBitrate -int 250000000

... we got this, which is a screenshot of the iPad mini 6:

The connection can be finicky to establish. It may look like this on occasion, but otherwise it works. As noted by @alyxferrari, we need to tweak the two Bitrate values

Hi, CaseySJ. Thank you for your help always. I am currently considering upgrading Intel Hackintosh. I often use iPad and like it. Can I activate Sidecar on the Z690 intel hackintosh using this method?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.