Ryzen 7000 Testing

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
It's a massive long shot but if you've still got audio issues test this out. Based off the old HS source that @ExtremeXT linked to. I'm not even sure if it'll apply or even work tbh.
Can you upload the source of it to GitHub or the commit?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

backinblackx86

AMD OS X Member

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I’m doing my best to follow along here. Do I use the OpenCore AMD Vanilla guide on GitHub and include the recent patch?

Do you have a Zen 4 system? It should be enough to add the last 2 patches.

etorix

AMD OS X Member
I’m doing my best to follow along here. Do I use the OpenCore AMD Vanilla guide on GitHub and include the recent patch?
@CaseySJ posted an EFI on page 28. This should work with Big Sur, plus the patches (or a combined version with masking) for Monterey and Ventura if you're running bare metal. If you're installing as a VM things may be different as actual PCIe initialisation would have been done by the hypervisor.

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
You guys are geniuses at Ryzentosh.. (y)

Has anyone tested how the B650E behaves?

If all goes well, I'm going to have an Asus B650E-E Gaming for the week...

I was hoping it would work without the patch because it's not like the X670E which has two chipsets controlling multiple PCIe:

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-13 a las 15.51.41.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-13 a las 16.01.25.png

the B650 has only one and MacOS may like it better 😁

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-13 a las 16.01.38.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@CaseySJ posted an EFI on page 28. This should work with Big Sur, plus the patches (or a combined version with masking) for Monterey and Ventura if you're running bare metal. If you're installing as a VM things may be different as actual PCIe initialisation would have been done by the hypervisor.
I am 99% positive that Casey's EFI will NOT work on @backinblackx86 system because of the MmioWhitelist. All TRx40 and AM5 chipsets need a custom MmioWhitelist setup to boot properly, in some cases it'd boot but odd things will occur, like broken USB ports. Even something like changing a BIOS setting can render a whitelist incompatible, so I recommend re-doing it after every BIOS update. Unfortunately at this moment there is not a good MmioWhitelist guide, and the only way to make one is trial and error.
You guys are geniuses at Ryzentosh.. (y)

Has anyone tested how the B650E behaves?

If all goes well, I'm going to have an Asus B650E-E Gaming for the week...

I was hoping it would work without the patch because it's not like the X670E which has two chipsets controlling multiple PCIe:

View attachment 8213

View attachment 8214

the B650 has only one and MacOS may like it better 😁
Good luck with that system!

Yes, I have a 7950x
Follow the Dortania guide, but use the DEBUG version of OpenCore and send it + the log here, I'll send you the MMIO values.

Last edited:

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
Could this patch solve the aquantia NIC problem on macOS Monterey? Can anyone test this?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Could this patch solve the aquantia NIC problem on macOS Monterey? Can anyone test this?
I don't think it's related to this but to the lack of VT-d support. Maybe it can be fixed by patching the Aquantia kext itself.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
It's a massive long shot but if you've still got audio issues test this out. Based off the old HS source that @ExtremeXT linked to. I'm not even sure if it'll apply or even work tbh.
Just got back from the gym. The sun is shining and the blood is pumping. Oh wait, I sound like a broken record. ;)

Will power up the systems very shortly.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I have a Gigabyte GC-AQC113C that I can test. The to-do list is growing, so please bare with me.

Current list:
  • Ventura patch
  • Test @Shaneee's EFI folder for audio issues
  • Explain what the patch does
  • Test M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Test Aquantia 10GbE
  • Create lightweight build guide

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have a Gigabyte GC-AQC113C that I can test. The to-do list is growing, so please bare with me.

Current list:
  • Ventura patch
  • Test @Shaneee's EFI folder for audio issues
  • Explain what the patch does
  • Test M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Test Aquantia 10GbE
  • Create lightweight build guide
What's wrong with the Ventura patch? My tester on MSI managed to install it with full PCIe support, they had to leave before managing to take proper screenshots though.

For the guide, Dortania + a better MmioWhitelist guide should be enough.

From Shaneee's OpenCore build, OpenCore.efi should be enough.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
About audio, I found this in an old custom kernel for High Sierra (Screenshot 1). My idea would be to either:
1. Make a kext that calculates the TSC and FSB Frequency values
2. Find an easy way to get these values from the OS and make a script that calculates them. With the proper values, the user can manually input these values into the InitialTSC and FSBFrequency fields in the config.plist
I am positive that it would work if done properly, since it seems to be the same problem as on AMD APUs.

Seems that you uploaded IOACPIFamily instead of IOPCIFamily.
Because we can build custom kernels for Monterey, we could attempt to port that code and see if it fixes audio...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
What's wrong with the Ventura patch? My tester on MSI managed to install it with full PCIe support, they had to leave before managing to take proper screenshots though.
Which motherboard and CPU does your tester have? I have a backup installation of Ventura that I can try -- can't remember if my primary installation of Ventura got Frankensteined.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Because we can build custom kernels for Monterey, we could attempt to port that code and see if it fixes audio...
Don't think we need it, Shaneee's OpenCore build should do that automatically without modifying XNU.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Which motherboard and CPU does your tester have? I have a backup installation of Ventura that I can try -- can't remember if my primary installation of Ventura got Frankensteined.
They have the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE and the Ryzen 7 5800X3D.

backinblackx86

AMD OS X Member
I have yet to look into my bios settings as the gpu is still busy training but I did find plenty of users on Reddit experiencing similar issues with a variety of ASUS motherboards in regards to the m2_2 slot. Apparently it has to do with the PCI configuration. See the link below.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
They have the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE and the Ryzen 7 5800X3D.
Is this the first time they were able to boot/install Ventura on a MSI X570 board?

On my Asus X670E Gene, Ventura booted up, but without all PCI devices enabled. But I can't be sure this is a vanilla copy. Everything has been in a state of flux so I need to start with fresh baselines.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Is this the first time they were able to boot/install Ventura on a MSI X570 board?

On my Asus X670E Gene, Ventura booted up, but without all PCI devices enabled. But I can't be sure this is a vanilla copy. Everything has been in a state of flux so I need to start with fresh baselines.
Without the patch, they got the infamous IONVMeFamily panic for MSI motherboards.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.