Ryzen 7000 Testing

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ thank you for this great result!
May I ask if you see also audio in a perfect way with this patch?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Ganz hervorragende Leistung vielen Dank. Ich bin ein wenig raus aus dem Thema Hackintosh seid Corona. @CaseySJ Würdest du mire evtl. Deine EFI zu Verfügung stellen . Wir haben die gleiche Hardware.Danke
Vielen Dank! Jetzt kann ich an einem einfachen Build-Post arbeiten und EFI testen. Werde dies tun, nachdem ich einen Patch für Ventura untersucht habe.

(Thanks! Now I can work on a simple build post and sample EFI. Will do so after investigating a patch for Ventura.)

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ thank you for this great result!
May I ask if you see also audio in a perfect way with this patch?
Unfortunately there’s no change to audio! The static still exists, but is significantly less with latest beta BIOS.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Unbelievable timing and incredible work bravo. I was about to pull the trigger on a 13900 build. I guess the m.2 ssd situation is solved as well ? Is a gigabyte x670 board ok to look at or go with asus?
Good question about M.2. Will check on that today as well.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@CaseySJ I was going to look at making it one patch via masking but where is the binary for Monterey? :unsure:
Can't seem to locate it.

That would be great! The binary for Monterey is in /S/L/E —> IOPCIFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS

I’ll post the vanilla Monterey and Ventura binaries shortly (just woke up).

In Ventura, nearly all kext binaries are excluded from /S/L/E, but included in the KDK.
@Shaneee,

Attached is the IOPCIFamily binary for Monterey. Ventura version coming shortly.

Attachments

• IOPCIFamily.zip
    216.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
About audio, I found this in an old custom kernel for High Sierra (Screenshot 1). My idea would be to either:
1. Make a kext that calculates the TSC and FSB Frequency values
2. Find an easy way to get these values from the OS and make a script that calculates them. With the proper values, the user can manually input these values into the InitialTSC and FSBFrequency fields in the config.plist
I am positive that it would work if done properly, since it seems to be the same problem as on AMD APUs.

@Shaneee,

Attached is the IOPCIFamily binary for Monterey. Ventura version coming shortly. Will update this post.
Seems that you uploaded IOACPIFamily instead of IOPCIFamily.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 16

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@Shaneee / All,

I've updated the kernel patch post with an untested patch for Ventura. Will test the patch after coffee... ;)

Also attached is the debug version of Ventura's IOPCIFamiliy binary. I created the patch based on this, hence the warning about it being untested should be taken seriously!

Attachments

• IOPCIFamily.zip
    247.7 KB · Views: 8

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Seems that you uploaded IOACPIFamily instead of IOPCIFamily.
Hence the post about doing things after the morning coffee! :)

Problem corrected.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Shaneee / All,

I've updated the kernel patch post with an untested patch for Ventura. Will test the patch after coffee... ;)

Also attached is the debug version of Ventura's IOPCIFamiliy binary. I created the patch based on this, hence the warning about it being untested should be taken seriously!

The binary kext will more than likely have it in a different location.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Alas, the KDK contains release and debug versions of the kernel, but only debug versions of kexts. I have already compiled Ventura's IOPCIFamily, but it's still possible that the binary differs from Apple's original.

I'll post my binary shortly (RELEASE mode).

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@CaseySJ I stand corrected. Loaded patches up on a debug version of OC,

Code:
30:739 00:030 OCAK: 64-bit CaseySJ - fix probeBusGated 13.x replace count - 1
30:773 00:033 OC: Prelinked patcher result 18 for com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily (CaseySJ - fix probeBusGated 13.x) - Success

The patch doesn't seem to affect AM4 or at least in my case I'm not noticing anything different. I'll add the patches with them enabled by default.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Same here, my system boots fine with the patch on Ventura, all PCIe devices work, just like before.

Also, a tester managed to boot Monterey installer on their MSI MEG X570 Godlike motherboard + AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D with Casey's patch. They will send screenshots after the installation is complete.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It can always be updated. I'm sure there are people jumping to get it running ;) can also get more testers this way.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Alas, the KDK contains release and debug versions of the kernel, but only debug versions of kexts. I have already compiled Ventura's IOPCIFamily, but it's still possible that the binary differs from Apple's original.

I'll post my binary shortly (RELEASE mode).
@Shaneee,

If it helps, attached is my own compiled version of IOPCIFamily for Ventura. It's a "development" mode binary. The patch for this is:

Find: 83E02083 F8000F84 16010000
Replace: 83E02083 F8000F85 16010000

Will check momentarily if this works. UPDATE: Do not use this patch for Ventura. The previous one at least gets the system booted quickly.

Attachments

• IOPCIFamily.zip
    168.4 KB · Views: 1

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
It can always be updated. I'm sure there are people jumping to get it running ;) can also get more testers this way.
Might want to do an announcement on the server then.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Shaneee,

If it helps, attached is my own compiled version of IOPCIFamily for Ventura. It's a "development" mode binary. The patch for this is:

Find: 83E02083 F8000F84 16010000
Replace: 83E02083 F8000F85 16010000

Will check momentarily if this works. UPDATE: Do not use this patch for Ventura. The previous one at least gets the system booted quickly.

So this one doesn't boot? But previous one does? With the system working as expected?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
So this one doesn't boot? But previous one does? With the system working as expected?
This patch does not match the bytes in actual version of IOPCIFamily, so it doesn’t get applied.

The previous one gets applied and allows Ventura to boot at normal speed. But PCI devices are disabled. I may be able to fix this…after the morning workout. Today is a gym day — have to get the blood pumping. :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's a massive long shot but if you've still got audio issues test this out. Based off the old HS source that @ExtremeXT linked to. I'm not even sure if it'll apply or even work tbh.

Attachments

• OpenCore-0.8.7-RELEASE.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.