Ryzen 7 5700U w/ intel AX200 card - bluetooth works no wifi

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

I've replaced my Realtek card in an attempt to get wireless working but I'm not having any luck getting itlwm to run and Airportitlwm doesn't seem to work for me either. I've verified via logs that itlwm is not running and heliport does not see it.. any suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.3 MB · Views: 4

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have not, but certainly can if you think it’s worth setting up. Need to remap my usb anyhow. I’ll report back.

Is it common to have usb disconnect when sleeping? I left this mini pc on overnight - which is not normal and I received "did not eject properly" notifications for all usb ports that were occupied?

CC
That’s because your usb ports aren’t mapped correctly

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
That’s because your usb ports aren’t mapped correctly
Fresh usb map load (usbmap.kext & usbtoolbox.kext) and I refreshed my ACPI while there. Bluetooth is on and working fine, still no wireless - unable to turn switch on / greyed out. I also went through bios and saw nothing indicating wireless to be off and the card worked when in Windows 11.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Fresh usb map load (usbmap.kext & usbtoolbox.kext) and I refreshed my ACPI while there. Bluetooth is on and working fine, still no wireless - unable to turn switch on / greyed out. I also went through bios and saw nothing indicating wireless to be off and the card worked when in Windows 11.
Well, now you can eliminate it isn't a hardware which is an important step. Unfortunately we don't know why Wifi won't work and as I mentioned before I am out of ideas.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
On another forum there was an Ace Magician user who had incredible problems and finally gave up and sent it back. However he mentioned a patch seems to fix Wifi, I added it to this version of your EFI. See what happens.

Attachment-1.png

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    57.4 MB · Views: 2

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
On another forum there was an Ace Magician user who had incredible problems and finally gave up and sent it back. However he mentioned a patch seems to fix Wifi, I added it to this version of your EFI. See what happens.

View attachment 14336
You sure know how to make someone's morning, I've been trying different iterations of the Airportitlwm.kext and Ventura - Windows hijacked my Sonoma... I sure haven't missed having it on a drive! Anyway, I've gotten as far as being able to turn wifi on at the titlebar but it was still locked in sys prefs. It actually first removed the exclamation when booting with the Sonoma14.5 kext, riddle me that one!

I mentioned the other card I ordered, put it in my tower today and wifi immediately came online. That gave me just enough motivation to get nowhere with hours of verbose boot screen time on this ryzen mini pc.

I'll try the patched file this afternoon, thank you very much.

CC

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That normally occurs when a USB port is dropped/lost when the system sleeps/hibernates. Usually due to an imperfect USB configuration, e.g. USB port with wrong or missing connector type.

Misconfiguring USB2 physical ports with connector type (0) and Internal USB2 ports with connector type (255) is fairly common. The two port types are very different and need to be configured correctly.

Another common issue is setting the virtual USB2 ports, served from a physical USB3 port, as USB2 with connector type (0). When they should be set with the connector type that the Physical port uses, i.e. USB3 (3).

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
No luck, actually had trouble with OC, wouldn't boot previously working Mac drive... I'm starting to think my trouble resides in multiple eft folders. I have two SSD's a Samsung 980Pro and another Generic that came in a different windows machine. I noticed when saving a plist yesterday the name changed.. as if I opened the file from a different OC location and upon saving it reflected said location in the titlebar. Ugh!

Pics below represent the best I've gotten thus far and tho not in these pics I did have wireless referenced in the hardware report once also (accompanying the current setup).
That normally occurs when a USB port is dropped/lost when the system sleeps/hibernates. Usually due to an imperfect USB configuration, e.g. USB port with wrong or missing connector type.

Misconfiguring USB2 physical ports with connector type (0) and Internal USB2 ports with connector type (255) is fairly common. The two port types are very different and need to be configured correctly.

Another common issue is setting the virtual USB2 ports, served from a physical USB3 port, as USB2 with connector type (0). When they should be set with the connector type that the Physical port uses, i.e. USB3 (3).
Remapping fixed my usb eject issue, thanks. Still no headway on with wifi, wanted to ask if you think the card you posted previously in this thread is worth giving a try? I also have a bios question - my gpu is hanging and I read elsewhere increasing the dram voltage by .5 can rectify this? What are your thoughts and if you concur, where do I find that setting - I don't see it in bios (using smokeless) just frequency adjustment...

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.