Question About Creating DDSTs

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
When creating custom DDSTs for our machines, I have a couple questions;

1. What is recommended route to create a DDST using SSDTTIME? For example, I bypassed OPENCORE altogether and boot from the windows EFI and then create my DDST dump in windows. My line of thinking would be that this would be a more accurate DDST because it’s bypassing OPENCORE and any misconfiguration caused by OPENCORE. Is this correct or the best route to go?

2. With the EFIs that have ssdt-cspur or whatever SSDTs they have enabled, do we leave those in the EFI and if so, should our custom DDST be first in the ACPI list?

Thanks in advance

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Strangely enough the Internal USB3 headers have to be set the same as any other USB3 port, with the connector type '3'. They are not treated the same as the USB2 headers, I don't know why but that is the way they work.

As this is an AMD system, with 3 x USB controllers you don't need to worry about going over the 15 port limit. As the 15 port limit is for each controller, not the total of the three controllers. None of the 3 x controllers in this system exceed the 15 ports (10, 10 & 8 ports respectively), so they can all be used to the max, if required.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Strangely enough the Internal USB3 headers have to be set the same as any other USB3 port, with the connector type '3'. They are not treated the same as the USB2 headers, I don't know why but that is the way they work.

As this is an AMD system, with 3 x USB controllers you don't need to worry about going over the 15 port limit. As the 15 port limit is for each controller, not the total of the three controllers. None of the 3 x controllers in this system exceed the 15 ports (10, 10 & 8 ports respectively), so they can all be used to the max, if required.
I noticed something odd with the USB 3.0 Port in my case, when I plugged a USB 3.0 device into it, it would not populate, it would only populate a USB 2.0 device so I disconnected it and rebuilt the kext without that port enabled. (Still have the shutdown=restarting issue). Attached is the Kext I built, can you check it for errors please? It should be good to go, since its based off what we just discussed.

Something I forgot to mention, Dont know if this could be the issue causing reboot rather than shutdown, this mobo uses an intel I211AT NIC, which never worked after upgrading to Monterey. Instead I added an RTL based PCIE NIC card. (I removed the intel kext back then)

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The info.plist in the UTBMap.kext looks good. Matches what we discussed.

Disabling the Intel Ethernet port in the Bios would be the best option. Not just removing the kext.

The Realtek Ethernet card, presumably a PCIe x1 card, shouldn't cause any issues, with the correct kext injected from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

Have you set the Realtek card to be recognised as built-in, by adding an entry to the DeviceProperties > Add section in your config.plist? Would look like this entry used for my AMD FX system.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 22.37.07.png Example entry for Realtek Ethernet

Have a look in Hackintool app, System tab > Peripherals. IF the Realtek card is showing as built in then you don't need to add the config.plist entry above.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 22.40.31.png Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab - Realtek Ethernet shows as built-in.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
The info.plist in the UTBMap.kext looks good. Matches what we discussed.

Disabling the Intel Ethernet port in the Bios would be the best option. Not just removing the kext.

The Realtek Ethernet card, presumably a PCIe x1 card, shouldn't cause any issues, with the correct kext injected from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

Have you set the Realtek card to be recognised as built-in, by adding an entry to the DeviceProperties > Add section in your config.plist? Would look like this entry used for my AMD FX system.

View attachment 6544 Example entry for Realtek Ethernet

Have a look in Hackintool app, System tab > Peripherals. IF the Realtek card is showing as built in then you don't need to add the config.plist entry above.

View attachment 6545 Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab - Realtek Ethernet shows as built-in.
Yes on the setting built-in in device properties. This bios doesn’t give an option to disable onboard nic unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.