Need help for updating from Big Sur to Monterey : forbidden sign

thrall

AMD OS X Member
Hello, first my spec are : msi x570 gaming edge wifi, rizen 7 3700x, gt 730 (Kepler).
When im trying to update to Monterey (installer get via the App Store), open core is starting to boot and... The log are partially erased/broken and a big forbidden sign is in the middle of the screen.
I also want to say that I have already mapped my USB port (don't know if this has worked but in theory we are good) and the XPHIPortLimit is disabled.
Does anyone could help me with that? Thanks a lot.

Edit : After downgrading my bios, this is working. If you have a msi motherboard, simply rewind bios as far are you can, and try again.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The MSI motherboard is the cause of this. MSI have done something different with ACPI tables meaning Monterey doesn't work.

roberto7899

AMD OS X Member
The MSI motherboard is the cause of this. MSI have done something different with ACPI tables meaning Monterey doesn't work.
Will there be a patch in the future? :(

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
We couldn't work it out which is why I ended up swapping my MSI board for the ASUS one I have now. Some users have reported that downgrading the BIOS to the earliest possible with the CPU support required works. This isn't possible for 5000 series CPUs though as even the first supported BIOS doesn't work.

thrall

AMD OS X Member
We couldn't work it out which is why I ended up swapping my MSI board for the ASUS one I have now. Some users have reported that downgrading the BIOS to the earliest possible with the CPU support required works. This isn't possible for 5000 series CPUs though as even the first supported BIOS doesn't work.
I will try, thanks

roberto7899

AMD OS X Member
Stuck in this Point

thrall

AMD OS X Member
After downgrading my bios, this is working. If you have a msi motherboard, simply rewind bios as far are you can, and try again.

Solution

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
After downgrading my bios, this is working. If you have a msi motherboard, simply rewind bios as far are you can, and try again.
I have this same MB, is there any way you could let me know what version you chose? was it the initial release bios?

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Downgraded bios to the lowest the site had and did not work for me, got stuck at apple logo. Did you install it to an NVME drive?

thrall

AMD OS X Member
Downgraded bios to the lowest the site had and did not work for me, got stuck at apple logo. Did you install it to an NVME drive?
Heh, sorry for the late. The bios I have used is 7C37v17. The first bios was not working either, but this one work for me (with an msi gaming edge mono). Yes, I have installed it to an NVME

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Heh, sorry for the late. The bios I have used is 7C37v17. The first bios was not working either, but this one work for me (with an msi gaming edge mono). Yes, I have installed it to an NVME
thanks for the info I will flash this bios and give it another go!

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Thanks that let me finally install Monterey 12.1 after many failed attempts now hopefully there will be a fix instead of using an outdated bios.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.