Lag on AMD Catalina (Opencore)

mikepincelikekids

AMD OS X Member
After days of testing, debugging, and troubleshooting, I've finally booted into MacOS with full hardware acceleration.
Although I had to call Apple to deal with Apple ID login issues with FaceTime and iMessage, I was eventually free to use my Hackintosh just like a real Mac.

The experience was steady for the most part. However, I notice problems with beachballs and sluggish response time, such as operation delays (no response for several seconds and all abruptly continues); still, typing now gives a slight delay... Also, I get a blank screen when waking the computer from sleep, and no native support to adjust the audio levels with HDMI, which I'm not entirely fond of.

I've examined my configuration with the Opencore sanity checker; It appears that most critical parts of the drivers and kexts were taken care of; with not many other choices I could consider, I turn to the Hackintosh community for advice.

Below is my EFI folder, alongside with more information on my hardware configuration, and of course, feel free to snag this almost perfect EFI folder if you share similar hardware, don't forget to change the SMBIOS, so you get functional iServices nah do it yourself.

• EFI here
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • ASUS PRIME X570-PRO
  • Western Digital PC SN520 256GB NVMe SSD
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT GAMING OC 8G
  • G.SKILL Sniper X Series (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3600mhz Memory
  • TP Link's Archer T4E (Airdrop does not work)
  • Planning to add a PCI-E Bluetooth adapter, what do you recommend?

My configuration followed the AMD Vanilla Guide, with a premade SSDT, experimental AMD Zen 17h patches from here (I'd assume it's the most updated), and some extraordinary individuals from Discord helped me get the correct Kexts.

If there is anything faulty or needs to be calibrated in my EFI, please let me know.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
These are the most upto date patches, https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/opencore
In your BIOS, look for an option to swith the PCI Gen and change it from Auto to Gen3 and see if that helps with the lag.
Also no control over HDMI Audio in macOS is the normal behaviour.
Apple said:
Mac computers don't support using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to control HDMI devices.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.