Kernel Panic on Boot

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
Hey, I have the problem that, when i try to boot into macos 12.0.1 i get an kernel panic. (See Attachment) That happened after i installed the opencore root patches for my graphics card.

Panic: https://img.amd-osx.com/i/sKGD

Hope Someone can help

Solution
I would recommend you go with your first instinct to install High Sierra. Get everything working as best it can, before updating to a newer version of macOS.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your OpenCore EFI folder so we can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using to boot your system.

You probably know this already but neither of your graphics cards are supported in macOS Monterey.
  1. The Nvidia card is not supported in any version of macOS and never will be. It has to be disabled with an SSDT, or removed temporarily while you are installing macOS.
  2. The ATI card is supported up to High Sierra, but may need patching even for the High Sierra native drivers to work.
You probably would be better served installing High Sierra , then once you have dealt with any issues from your system look at upgrading to Big Sur or Monterey. Especially as you are using an MSI motherboard, some of which have terminal issues when it comes to running macOS Monterey. As you would know if you read any of the numerous threads looking for help installing Monterey.

For what it's worth the kernel panic in the image above looks to be related to an issue with an NVMe driver.

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
Post a copy of your OpenCore EFI folder so we can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using to boot your system.

You probably know this already but neither of your graphics cards are supported in macOS Monterey.
  1. The Nvidia card is not supported in any version of macOS and never will be. It has to be disabled with an SSDT, or removed temporarily while you are installing macOS.
  2. The ATI card is supported up to High Sierra, but may need patching even for the High Sierra native drivers to work.
You probably would be better served installing High Sierra , then once you have dealt with any issues from your system look at upgrading to Big Sur or Monterey. Especially as you are using an MSI motherboard, some of which have terminal issues when it comes to running macOS Monterey. As you would know if you read any of the numerous threads looking for help installing Monterey.

For what it's worth the kernel panic in the image above looks to be related to an issue with an NVMe driver.
So, First

macOS Mounterey is already Installed on my NVME, The Kernel Panic Accoured after i installed the OpenCore Root Patches for my AMD Card.

And the Nvidia Card is Removed for the Main and Post Install. I want to get Everything working first.

I Downloaded the EFI from here but my Efi Folder with an few edited parameters are in here.

I couldnt upload it here, because its to large

Hope the Info Helps.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The main issue with your current EFI is the CPU patches are set for an 8-core CPU. Your Ryzen 5 3600 is a 6-core CPU.

You also have a number of Airportitlwm.kexts, one for the last three versions of macOS, but you are only running Monterey. So you don't need the kext for Catalina or Big Sur.

You also have IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in your setup, but this is not required when using BlueToolFixup.kext and running Monterey.

You shouldn't need the NVMeFix.kext either.

Try this revised EFI folder, with the changes listed above, see if this gets your system booting Monterey. It is also small enough now, with the unnecessary kexts removed, to be attached to a post here.

Expect the graphics to be poor and low resolution until the old ATI graphics are set correctly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 9

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
The main issue with your current EFI is the CPU patches are set for an 8-core CPU. Your Ryzen 5 3600 is a 6-core CPU.

You also have a number of Airportitlwm.kexts, one for the last three versions of macOS, but you are only running Monterey. So you don't need the kext for Catalina or Big Sur.

You also have IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in your setup, but this is not required when using BlueToolFixup.kext and running Monterey.

Try this revised EFI folder, with the changes listed above, see if this gets your system booting Monterey. It is also small enough now, with the unnecessary kexts removed, to be attached to a post here.

Expect the graphics to be poor and low resolution until the old ATI graphics are set correctly.
Thanks, I'm Trying to Get High Sierra Working. But i will try to Mounterey Later Today.

Have a nice Day!

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member

So i tried it.

I still get an Kernel Panic But a little bit has changed.

So at the end of the Panic is now

IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController

Before That, there was
IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController
IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleAHCIDiskDriver

i dont know if thats good or bad.

New Kernel Panic is in the Attachments

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The APFS section wasn't set to run High Sierra, so I assumed you were using a newer version of macOS.

Do you have 2 x NVMe M.2 drives installed, does it use the ACPI addresses for the two devices in the DeviceProperties > Add section of the config.plist, which is used to enable these components and make them appear as a built-in devices to macOS? I am going to assume not, and the same for the other DeviceProperties > Add entries.

I have left them in the config but disabled them so they don't interfere with your installation.

If you are going to install macOS High Sierra, that would be fine, as I have set the APFS MinDate and MinVersion entries in the config to work with that version of the drivers.

Try this EFI-v2 with the High Sierra installer, see if that works.

Attachments

• EFI-v2.zip
    31 MB · Views: 21

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
The APFS section wasn't set to run High Sierra, so I assumed you were using a newer version of macOS.

Do you have 2 x NVMe M.2 drives installed, does it use the ACPI addresses for the two devices in the DeviceProperties > Add section of the config.plist, which is used to enable these components and make them appear as a built-in devices to macOS? I am going to assume not, and the same for the other DeviceProperties > Add entries.

I have left them in the config but disabled them so they don't interfere with your installation.

If you are going to install macOS High Sierra, that would be fine, as I have set the APFS MinDate and MinVersion entries in the config to work with that version of the drivers.

Try this EFI-v2 with the High Sierra installer, see if that works.
Sorry for the Misunderstanding but that Panic Occured on Mounterey 12.0.1.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Doesn't matter, if the ACPI addresses were wrong, they will cause issues no matter which version of macOS you are installing.

The revised EFI will work in the other/newer versions of macOS, not just High Sierra.

If the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries are set as '0' you can't boot the earlier versions of the APFS drivers. Only the Big Sur and Monterey APFS drivers will work.

That may have been why you were seeing the earlier error, along with the incorrect DeviceProperties for the NVMe drives.

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
Doesn't matter, if the ACPI addresses were wrong, they will cause issues no matter which version of macOS you are installing.

The revised EFI will work in the other/newer versions of macOS, not just High Sierra.

If the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries are set as '0' you can't boot the earlier versions of the APFS drivers. Only the Big Sur and Monterey APFS drivers will work.

That may have been why you were seeing the earlier error, along with the incorrect DeviceProperties for the NVMe drives.
So, what should i do now?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I would recommend you go with your first instinct to install High Sierra. Get everything working as best it can, before updating to a newer version of macOS.

Solution

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
Okay, i was very busy today, so sorry for the late answer.

Im now preparing the USB Installer and youse the EFI-v2.

If i have any other Issues, i will open a thread on the High Sierra Page Here.

Thanks!

Deleted member 16045

AMD OS X Member
Did That, I Now have an Perfectly Fine High Sierra Installation.

I have some Display Issues, but thats Okay.

Thanks for the Help!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.