John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 13 y 14 (Sonoma) Beta: versión OpenCore 0.9.6 (7 de noviembre de 2023)
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) 14.2 beta 1.

Palabra de advertencia:

• Si no tiene una solución wifi o ethernet que funcione para Sonoma, espere a actualizar su instalación principal. Posiblemente haya alguna solución en el futuro que no requiera OCLP ni deshabilitar SIP.
  • BCM94360NG y BCM94360CS2 ya no son compatibles
  • AppleIGB funciona
Enlaces de configuración de BIOS y EFI necesarios:
  1. Configuración del BIOS
  2. Configuración de EFI (recuento de núcleos y GPU)
  3. Texto incluido
  4. Restablecer NVRAM
View attachment 12390

Kexts incluidos (deshabilitados de forma predeterminada):
  • Ethernet:
    • AppleIGB.kext -> Intel 1GB Ethernet
  • GPU:
    • RadeonSensor.kext ->Leer temperatura de GPU
  • Temperatura de CPU y GPU + velocidades del ventilador en los menús iStat:
    Captura de pantalla 2023-06-14 a las 10.19.55 a.m.png
    • SMCProcessorAMD -> Publicar temperatura de CPU en VirtualSMC
    • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Publicar temperatura de GPU en VirtualSMC
    • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Publicar velocidades de ventilador en VirtualSMC ( ventilador inferior = encabezado del ventilador de la CPU de la placa base y ventilador = encabezado del ventilador del chasis de la placa base)
  • Texto eliminado
    • El AMD Power Gadget todavía funciona, pero la publicación del sensor de la CPU en aplicaciones de terceros, como iStat Menus, no ha funcionado desde el lanzamiento oficial de Sonoma.
      • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publicar temperatura de CPU en VirtualSMC
      • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext ->Funciones de administración de energía.
El tema del selector es mi propio estilizado de forma predeterminada. Se puede cambiar en MISC -> Boot -> PickerVariant .
View attachment 12389

Como siempre, reinicie la NVRAM después de realizar cambios en el EFI.
hola Podrias ayudarme tengo una configuracion muy parecida. a la tuya placa base iden, procesador AMD 7 y 8 núcleos, lo único que cambia. es la TARJETA GRAFICA ASUS AMD RX 6600 y mi sistema. no lo reconoce. pero si le pongo una AMD RX560 si funciona. , podrías decirme que estoy haciendo mal por favor, te subo. mi EFI.
Muchas gracias y disculpa las molestias

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 9

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 13 &14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.7 Release (December 18th, 2023)
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) 14.3 Beta 1

Word of warning:

• If you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution for Sonoma hold off on updating your primary install. Possibly there will be some fix in the future that does not require OCLP and disabling SIPs.
  • BCM94360NG & BCM94360CS2 wifi no longer supported
  • AppleIGB works
Required BIOS and EFI Setting Links:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings (Core Count & GPU)
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 9.08.27 AM.png

Included Kexts (Disabled By Default):
  • Ethernet:
  • GPU:
    • RadeonSensor.kext ->Read GPU temperature
  • CPU & GPU temperature + Fan Speeds in iStat Menus:
    Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.19.55 AM.png
    • SMCProcessorAMD -> Publish CPU temperature to VirtualSMC
    • SMCRadeonGPU.kext -> Publish GPU temperature to VirtualSMC
    • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Publish fan speeds to VirtualSMC (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)
  • Kext Removed
    • The AMD Power Gadget still works but publishing the CPU sensor to third-party apps, like iStat Menus, has been broken since Sonoma's official release.
      • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publish CPU temperature to VirtualSMC
      • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext ->Power management features.
The picker theme is my own Stylized by default. It can be changed in MISC -> Boot -> PickerVariant.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 8.57.31 AM.png

As always, Reset NVRAM after making changes to the EFI.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 9.08.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 9.08.27 AM.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Asus X570 I Gaming EFI 0.9.7.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
As I no longer have a copy of MacOS 14.3.1 to test the EFI on I will hold off on posting the EFI update for 0.9.8. Have not found any obvious benefits to the update.

Someone on Discord has mentioned that 0.9.8 EFI for MacOS 14.4 beta 1-3 does not work properly with 14.3.1. The delayed posting is out of an abundance of caution after having a corrupted EFI partition when trying to update 14.3.1 to 14.4 beta 3 on my backup copy of MacOS last night when I got home from my trip. The failed update rendered both my primary and test copy of MacOS unbootable.

It may simply be that the Installer download was corrupted, the Apple folder in the EFI, added during the update download and first restart, would not open to the view the files. Numerous attempts of simply deleting Apple folder and EFI failed. Ultimately to resolve the matter a reformat of the FAT32 EFI partition was required along with copying a backup of the EFI to the reformatted partition.

Waiting for further confirmation that the issue was an isolated incident for the 14.4 beta update. Would hate for someone else to have to deal with a bricked OS.

LazyBayes

AMD OS X Member
As I no longer have a copy of MacOS 14.3.1 to test the EFI on I will hold off on posting the EFI update for 0.9.8. Have not found any obvious benefits to the update.

Someone on Discord has mentioned that 0.9.8 EFI for MacOS 14.4 beta 1-3 does not work properly with 14.3.1. The delayed posting is out of an abundance of caution after having a corrupted EFI partition when trying to update 14.3.1 to 14.4 beta 3 on my backup copy of MacOS last night when I got home from my trip. The failed update rendered both my primary and test copy of MacOS unbootable.

It may simply be that the Installer download was corrupted, the Apple folder in the EFI, added during the update download and first restart, would not open to the view the files. Numerous attempts of simply deleting Apple folder and EFI failed. Ultimately to resolve the matter a reformat of the FAT32 EFI partition was required along with copying a backup of the EFI to the reformatted partition.

Waiting for further confirmation that the issue was an isolated incident for the 14.4 beta update. Would hate for someone else to have to deal with a bricked OS.
Thanks for providing this information. I attempted to make the update to OC 0.9.8 (I'm running MacOS 14.3.1) and every time it would crash and restart while booting up. The weird thing is it gets further along in the boot process than it normally does if I messed something up in the config. Anyways, I assumed it was something weird I had done in the EFI but couldn't figure it out. Figured I'd wait to hear from people who know more about this than I do before making more attempts to update. Good to know that OC 0.9.8 may not play nice with Mac OS 14.3.1.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I try to update to new betas on my second test copy of MacOS. My primary was updated already to 14.4 beta 1 and test was still on 14.3.1. Both use the same EFI. Last night when it restarted the BIOS kick back to Legacy Boot Enabled. Thought nothing of it, periodically happens. After setting to Disabled and selecting the installer it rebooted kind of like normal but restarted quicker than usual.

After that both the test and primary froze with a greyed out loading bar after log in. Played with some random changes in the EFI in Windows but still had no luck.

This afternoon, downloaded Sonoma 14.3.1 on my MacBook and made a USB installer with an EFI partition using the same 0.9.7 EFI that worked with 14.4 beta 1. The USB installer failed to load. Tried the USB EFI with installer and it worked. So, quit and tried the primary and test Mac installs. They also worked.

Deleted and recopied the EFI to the EFI partition on my primary drive. No luck, then tried to manually delete the Apple folder in Windows, ChimeraOS and Kali. Never could get it to actually delete. Decided to reformat the EFI partition. That did the trick with the same EFI.

Then updated the EFI to 0.9.8. No problems the primary. Updated the test copy of MacOS using the 0.9.8 EFI without issue.

Don't think it has anything to do with OpenCore 0.9.8. It appears that something went wrong with the nested Apple folder in the EFI used for updating. Like I said earlier, could not get the folder to open. In Windows got a generic dialog that it could not read the files and just a spinning icon in Linux.

Don't know if any of this is helpful to your struggle but thought I would pass my experience along.

LazyBayes

AMD OS X Member
I managed to update to OC 0.9.8, but Mac OS no longer could see the headphone jack. I looked in Hackintool and Realtek ALC1220 no longer shows up. I reverted back to AppleALC v 1.8.8 and it works. Seems like there may be an issue with the latest version of AppleALC.kext 1.8.9. Anyone else experienced this?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I managed to update to OC 0.9.8, but Mac OS no longer could see the headphone jack. I looked in Hackintool and Realtek ALC1220 no longer shows up. I reverted back to AppleALC v 1.8.8 and it works. Seems like there may be an issue with the latest version of AppleALC.kext 1.8.9. Anyone else experienced this?

I use audio through DisplayPort on my monitor which also has a 3.5mm. So have not used the Realtek kext.

Hopefully the kext gets fixed.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Good to know that OC 0.9.8 may not play nice with Mac OS 14.3.1.
I am running OC 0.9.8 with macOS Sonoma 14.3.1. OpenCore itself is certainly not an issue.

Most likely culprit — if anything is amiss — is WiFi drivers.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I am running OC 0.9.8 with macOS Sonoma 14.3.1. OpenCore itself is certainly not an issue.

Most likely culprit — if anything is amiss — is WiFi drivers.

No WiFi drivers at all in my EFI.

Going to see how the next beta goes. If update goes smoothly will post my EFI.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Update: A few minutes after posting this the restart notification appeared. Install on the Hackintosh went smoothly there after.
Oddly, the update failed on the M2 MacBook Air. Retrying it now. Worked the second time.

Trying to update to Sonoma 14.4 beta 4. Been stuck on "Preparing macOS Sonoma 14.4 beta 4..." "About 35 minutes remaining" for 45 minutes.
Not a good sign. EFI may need some changes for beta 4.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 12.38.01 pm.png

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.8 Release (December 18th, 2023)
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) 14.4 Beta 4

Use at your own risk:

Experienced atypical issues updating Sonoma 14.4 betas. Others have reported a variety of problems updating to 14.4 beta and during incremental beta updates. Once the update is completed the experience is stable.

Word of warning:

• If you do not have a working wifi or ethernet solution for Sonoma hold off on updating your primary install. Possibly there will be some fix in the future that does not require OCLP and disabling SIPs.
  • AppleIGB works
  1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 4.52.10 PM.png

• Ethernet:
  • GPU:
    • SMCSuperIO.kext -> Publish fan speeds to VirtualSMC (Bottom Fan = Motherboard CPU Fan Header & Blower = Motherboard Chassis Fan header)
  • Kext Removed
    • The AMD Power Gadget, still works but publishing the CPU sensor to third-party apps, like iStat Menus, has been broken since Sonoma's official release.
      • SMCAMDProcessor.kext -> Publish CPU temperature to VirtualSMC
      • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext ->Power management features.
The picker theme is my own Stylized by default. It can be changed in MISC -> Boot -> PickerVariant.

Attachments

• Asus X570 I Gaming EFI 0.9.8.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 25

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta - OpenCore 0.9.9 Release (March 11th, 2024)
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) 14.4

Word of warning:

• AppleIGB works
  1. BIOS Settings
  3. Included Kext
  4. NVRAM Reset
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 6.46.25 PM.png

• Ethernet:
  • GPU:
  • Apps

Custom Boot Entries:
If you happen to find lingering Boot Entries, delete them from Misc-> BlessedOverride.

Attachments

• Asus X570 I Gaming EFI 0.9.9.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.