install macOS Ventura 13.3 Stuck in [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

mmp369

AMD OS X Member
Brand: MSI
Model: MSI MS-7B89 Desktop
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: AMD Radeon 580 Series Xunjing (Songjing) 8GB ( Separate GPU mode)
HDD: Jintek SSD 256 GB
Name: Ruiyu RTL8168/8111/8112 Gigabit Ethernet Controller/Microstar
Network card type Wired network card
Main board: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX (MS-7B89) (LPC Controller B450 chipset)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Zip/compress and attach a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using and what is causing the issue.

The issue shown in the screen image above is common, with multiple causes so showing the image is not really helpful.

Also confirm the full specification of your system, CPU, Motherboard, dGPU and Wireless/BT card if present.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is an OpenCore 0.8.9 EFI folder set for an 8-core CPU, on a MSI B450M Mortar motherboard, using an AMD RX 580 dGPU for you to try in place of your current EFI.

I have provided the config.plist with a SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1 system, plus all the standard kexts, drivers etc.

I have set the keyboard language as English (GB) as that is what I use. Change this if it doesn't suit your needs.

I would recommend changing the SMBIOS data to one not shared over the internet, so you don't have a duplicate system, which would result in Apple Service issues.

I use Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script to generate SMBIOS data, link below so you can download the script if you want to use it too.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 62

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
There's a patch issue on the latest Beta. We are working on it.

mmp369

AMD OS X Member
Here is an OpenCore 0.8.9 EFI folder set for an 8-core CPU, on a MSI B450M Mortar motherboard, using an AMD RX 580 dGPU for you to try in place of your current EFI.

I have provided the config.plist with a SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1 system, plus all the standard kexts, drivers etc.

I have set the keyboard language as English (GB) as that is what I use. Change this if it doesn't suit your needs.

I would recommend changing the SMBIOS data to one not shared over the internet, so you don't have a duplicate system, which would result in Apple Service issues.

I use Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script to generate SMBIOS data, link below so you can download the script if you want to use it too.

Thank you so much

mmp369

AMD OS X Member

Zip/compress and attach a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using and what is causing the issue.

The issue shown in the screen image above is common, with multiple causes so showing the image is not really helpful.

Also confirm the full specification of your system, CPU, Motherboard, dGPU and Wireless/BT card if present.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10 MB · Views: 11

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have same issues with OpenCore 0.8.8, Monterey 12.6.3
That error message can mean lots of different things and require different fixes, if you are looking for help best to update your build signature so at least we know what hardware you have. Then remove serial numbers and zip and upload your EFI folder and list your bios settings

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
same stuck in this position
The EFI folder Edhawk uploaded should work instead of the one you posted, you never commented on if you tried it but then uploaded a different version? Also what bios settings are you using? Finally I do not recognize that brand of SSD and occasionally that can be the issue, do you have different drive you can substitute for it?

mmp369

AMD OS X Member
The EFI folder Edhawk uploaded should work instead of the one you posted, you never commented on if you tried it but then uploaded a different version? Also what bios settings are you using? Finally I do not recognize that brand of SSD and occasionally that can be the issue, do you have different drive you can substitute for it?

Boot macOS 13.2.1 Ventura 22D68 is stuck in the position shown below

mmp369

AMD OS X Member

Booting macOS Ventura 13.3Beta stuck at

mmp369

AMD OS X Member

Booting macOS 13.2.1 Ventura 22D68 works fine with its own EFI profile
6.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.