I got banned on TMx86

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I think I've been suspended twice now from TMx86, can't remember what the first ban was for, the second ban was for being rude to a gas lighter. I'm always grateful for being allowed back, I hope Hackintosh and the sites that support the community can continue for many years to come.

rhys

AMD OS X Member
Not sure why folks even give a crap about TM. I mentioned an AMD build I was working on once Opencore supported AMD's and they freaking banned me. Hence why I registered here. Their site seems pretty much dead these days anyway.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Is this the same Rhys that commented on my AM4G5 build on tonymacx86.com?. Glad you liked it!, though I'm struggling to understand why you would still be bitter over something that happened over two years ago, which I demonstrated in my reply to your comment. I've been banned from tonymacx86.com a couple of times, do I feel the need to drag it up and whine about it, not really!. You like to bring up how inactive tonymacx86.com is, I would disagree and argue that your just not looking or following some of the great builds over on tonymacx86.com, you obviously didn't look at the Golden Build section, really inactive right?, views in the millions. I will say that the AMD OSX Discord is very active but difficult to filter out any useful info and some mods are a bit Sus!.
To be honest I visit tonymacx86.com, Insanlymac and AMD OSX and each will at some point will be inactive, simply because there's no new chipset out or no Beta to test and install. The history between Shanee and tonymacx86.com is well documented and has dragged on for years for whatever reason, but even Shanee has an AMD build in the 'User Builds section somewhere, did they ban you @Shaneee ?. Kind of sad that some members of the Hackintosh community revert to tribalism and don't want to play on the same team.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.08.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.03.30 AM.png

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@craighazan I've been banned there before yes but it was when having an AMD build was against their rules.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
@craighazan I've been banned there before yes but it was when having an AMD build was against their rules.
It's like a badge of honor, something to wear with pride, yeah I broke the rules and got banned, but embraced with open arms on my return.

rhys

AMD OS X Member
It's like a badge of honor, something to wear with pride, yeah I broke the rules and got banned, but embraced with open arms on my return.
Yeh same Rhys.

I think the issue is how stringent their rules are. i.e. you make a post you genuinely think is an interesting AMD hack and.. banned because of a crappy rule, no warnings or discretion etc. just ban.

Personally I just don't like that kind of heavy handed censorship and control of alternative ideas/solutions to problems. It doesn't reflect my values. So I voted with my keyboard and registered here instead. Back then there wasn't much activity around here, and Shaneee's build was one of a few. Now it seems way more active with some really nice builds.. where as TM.. well.. how things change. Yes it had been years, but I checked out the golden build section. Wasn't impressed. The place used to be buzzing.

Anyway I'm praying to the hack gods AM5 will be hack compatible. Can't wait to see some AMD 7000 series CPU builds!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The easiest way to get banned over at TMx86 is to advocate/propose/discuss the use of pirate methods to install macOS, e.g. Distro, hacked kernel or Virtualisation that uses a hacked process.

The TMx86 rules are fairly straightforward and simple to follow. Making an honest mistake is one thing and if seen the ban can be reversed. As was the case for Middleman at the beginning of this thread. Ignoring the rules tends to make the Admin's at TMx86 grumpy, they then tend to act on the rules. Discretion isn't one of their by-words. If you broke the rules, you pay the piper!

At one time AMD systems required a Hacked Kernel, so users that mentioned AMD hack's were persona non grata, simple really. Clearly stated in the rules and no wriggle room or explanation required, it lead to an immediate ban.

Things have changed, you can now discuss any AMD Hack using the Vanilla installation process for Ryzen and the older FX (AM3+) systems. However, TMx86 is primarily an Intel based site, so discussions about AMD systems are few and far between. Middleman and Craighazan are probably the exceptions in that they both espouse AMD as a realistic alternative to Intel over at TMx86.

All Hackintosh sites go through quiet periods, I'm a mod over at TMx86, was a mod on Hackintosher.com until it died, I am a Guru here. So I know things go quiet on lots of sites, it is the nature of the Hackintosh world. Things will pick up again when Ventura is released for public consumption later this month or in October.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Yeh same Rhys.

I think the issue is how stringent their rules are. i.e. you make a post you genuinely think is an interesting AMD hack and.. banned because of a crappy rule, no warnings or discretion etc. just ban.

Personally I just don't like that kind of heavy handed censorship and control of alternative ideas/solutions to problems. It doesn't reflect my values. So I voted with my keyboard and registered here instead. Back then there wasn't much activity around here, and Shaneee's build was one of a few. Now it seems way more active with some really nice builds.. where as TM.. well.. how things change. Yes it had been years, but I checked out the golden build section. Wasn't impressed. The place used to be buzzing.

Anyway I'm praying to the hack gods AM5 will be hack compatible. Can't wait to see some AMD 7000 series CPU builds!
Do you have a 7000 series in mind?. Are you planning an AMD build?. I’m skipping 7000, the 5700X I have installed on the A320I-K is just nuts and will keep me happy until the next generation arrives. I am planning on looking into WhateverRed and may buy a AMD CPU with integrated graphics.

rhys

AMD OS X Member
Do you have a 7000 series in mind?. Are you planning an AMD build?. I’m skipping 7000, the 5700X I have installed on the A320I-K is just nuts and will keep me happy until the next generation arrives. I am planning on looking into WhateverRed and may buy a AMD CPU with integrated graphics.

I'm looking to get a 7950x for video editing, but it depends on hack compatibility though.
What I heard is all 7000 series apparently include integrated graphics, they apparently are said to be underpowered of course.

rhys

AMD OS X Member
I was tempted with a mac studio from all the hype, but then found they suck in handbrake etc and other x264/265 rendering.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I'm looking to get a 7950x for video editing, but it depends on hack compatibility though.
What I heard is all 7000 series apparently include integrated graphics, they apparently are said to be underpowered of course.
I just checked, all four will feature the same AMD Radeon Graphics, Not much use for gaming but useful for content creation.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 11.13.02 PM.png

MarieJenk

AMD OS X Member
So folks, I just found out I got banned on Tonymac site. After being there for like more than 10 years as user - and despite always trying to be being careful and helpful with my posts.

However I do want to apologise to the TM mods - I didn't intend to disregard the rules, it was a mistake. It was that blooming Brazilian who kept asking me about using the RAWs/DMGs with his Lenovo system (which I DID NOT RECOMMEND THEIR USE AT ALL TO HIM). It was in fact HE who kept insisting about using them in his post - and wanted a response about it. I should have stopped replying to him then and there. I think I made the mistake with a Windows vid link I posted in reply to him. I would have happily asked the mods to delete that reply I made if it allows my reinstatement on the site.
Do you have a clear suspension? I believe your failure to visit Her Policy Page is what got you banned.

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Do you have a clear suspension? I believe your failure to visit Her Policy Page is what got you banned.
Thanks for the concern, but it’s been since sorted (I had spoken with the mods).

Renatosxradeon2004

AMD OS X Member
Thanks EdHawk. As for the message/email, sadly nope I don't see it, either in my POP email nor under the message icon.

Thanks I found the link but when I go to the Contact Us page this is what I see with my browser (same Oops! page shows across everything I click on the menu):

View attachment 5828
I think you can create account or no..

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.