I got banned on TMx86

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
So folks, I just found out I got banned on Tonymac site. After being there for like more than 10 years as user - and despite always trying to be being careful and helpful with my posts.

However I do want to apologise to the TM mods - I didn't intend to disregard the rules, it was a mistake. It was that blooming Brazilian who kept asking me about using the RAWs/DMGs with his Lenovo system (which I DID NOT RECOMMEND THEIR USE AT ALL TO HIM). It was in fact HE who kept insisting about using them in his post - and wanted a response about it. I should have stopped replying to him then and there. I think I made the mistake with a Windows vid link I posted in reply to him. I would have happily asked the mods to delete that reply I made if it allows my reinstatement on the site.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure what their policy is over there but @Gigamaxx is on here.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I think it was the VMWare link you posted that got you banned.

This is what the Rules state:
  • The tonymacx86 community does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of pirated or illegal software will result in an instant permanent ban and account deletion without warning or notice. Examples of piracy are pre-built VMs, distributions, disk images, iso files, non-Apple computers purchased with macOS pre-installed, hacked or modified installers and cracking or unlocking software. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
The other user got banned for the RAW/DMG images posts.

I have asked the site Admins to see if the permanent ban can be changed to a temporary suspension. Don't hold your breath!

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I think it was the VMWare link you posted that got you banned.

This is what the Rules state:
  • The tonymacx86 community does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of pirated or illegal software will result in an instant permanent ban and account deletion without warning or notice. Examples of piracy are pre-built VMs, distributions, disk images, iso files, non-Apple computers purchased with macOS pre-installed, hacked or modified installers and cracking or unlocking software. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
The other user got banned for the RAW/DMG images posts.

I have asked the site Admins to see if the permanent ban can be changed to a temporary suspension. Don't hold your breath!
Thank you EdHawk. I will wait for their reply...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you send an email to Stork over at TMx86 explaining why you linked the VMWare video.

I already told them it was a mistake on your part, but you need to explain to them why you provided the link and specifically that you didn't realise it was promoting the use of pirate copies of macOS.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Can you send an email to Stork over at TMx86 explaining why you linked the VMWare video.

I already told them it was a mistake on your part, but you need to explain to them why you provided the link and specifically that you didn't realise it was promoting the use of pirate copies of macOS.
Hi EdHawk,

Thanks for getting back. Yes I would love to message Stork to explain my reasons about that post, but I don't know his direct contact email there. In any case there's no way of me even messaging anyone at Tonymac right now because everything on my TM account has been fully disabled - there is no access to the Contact Us page let alone seeing anything else. That is why I posted my issue here.

As for that video, it was a huge mistake on my part and no I did not know it supported piracy of macOS, because if I remember, the front section of the video was something that was Python based (at least that's what the thumbnail promoted when showed when I did a rough Google search for 'How to install Windows on PC without macOS') - so I thought it provided the answer I was looking for (for the Brazilian guy to try to download macOS legally using the TM recommended Opencore Python method, which was my intention). I had made the post just before I left my house and I was out on an urgent meeting with someone so I couldn't do anything with the post. By the time I checked the post again some 20 minutes later I believe it was already removed, then much later on found my account access was revoked. That was when I realised it may have been that (stupid) link I posted. I will certainly make sure to check all the sources I post next time (if I get reinstated that is).

That said, in all my years of being on TM I have always ever used the TM recommended methods of installation for Clover/Opencore and setup and nothing more.
I would never ask anyone to use pirate software either. I am just so sorry about the whole affair. In any case thank you for your help on this matter (and if you could pass this message onto Stork for me I would be extremely grateful).

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
EdHawk,

I should iterate I didn't watch the video fully when I made the post. That was the error on my part. Had I done so earlier I would've never made that post.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
We (TM mods) thought that was the case, and that you hadn't watched the whole video.

Has Stork or one of the other Admins sent you an email confirming you have been banned, respond to that email if that is the case. I don't have an email address for any of the Admins.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I contacted Stork and he said you need to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page on the TMx86 site. This link is hidden by the banner ad that runs across the bottom of the page!

Over to you now.

FYI, I provide Stork with a link to this conversation, so no need to be wary of mentioning it in your response/appeal.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
We (TM mods) thought that was the case, and that you hadn't watched the whole video.

Has Stork or one of the other Admins sent you an email confirming you have been banned, respond to that email if that is the case. I don't have an email address for any of the Admins.
Thanks EdHawk. As for the message/email, sadly nope I don't see it, either in my POP email nor under the message icon.

Thanks I found the link but when I go to the Contact Us page this is what I see with my browser (same Oops! page shows across everything I click on the menu):

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.07.48 AM.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Middleman It's because you're still logged in. Use a private window or clear cookies for the site and it should work.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Okay I've just made a post to Stork under the Contact Us page. Let's hope it works out (and put this behind us).

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Hope your ban is lifted.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The ban has been lifted, but it might take a while for all your posts to be repopulated.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
The ban has been lifted, but it might take a while for all your posts to be repopulated.
Ahh, thank you so much!!! Thank you EdHawk and Stork for this assisting me with lifting the ban. Thank you so so much, am so very grateful, thank you! 🙏

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not a problem, you are helpful and active on the TMx86 site. You made a simple mistake.

I wouldn't go out of my way for many, but you were the exception rather than the rule.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Not a problem, you are helpful and active on the TMx86 site. You made a simple mistake.

I wouldn't go out of my way for many, but you were the exception rather than the rule.
Thank you so much EdHawk! Am so very grateful for your help!

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank @Shaneee for his assistance in this matter.
Thank you all!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.