I can't install ryzen 7 7700 gigabyte b650m sh2 ventura

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
I could not reach the installation screen. I would be happy if you help. The latest version of Ventura. I also made bios settings but I didn't get any results. Of course, I'm inexperienced.

all thanks

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much brother. I have turned off fTPM 2.0 on bios and added serial and other numbers and it booted. I took the recovery file of Ventura, the installer says it will take 10+ hours to download it. It is such a long time. Can you tell me from where I can download the macOS installation file for offline installation and how can I make the USB ready for installation?
The time to download may reduce significantly if you wait but alternatively please see the link below and try using GibMacOS. Then follow the instructions to create the USB drive. Its an older thread, if you want to use Sonoma I would recommend version 14.31 but Ventura is a safe bet.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The time to download may reduce significantly if you wait but alternatively please see the link below and try using GibMacOS. Then follow the instructions to create the USB drive. Its an older thread, if you want to use Sonoma I would recommend version 14.31 but Ventura is a safe bet.

Easiest option is to backup your EFI to a USB. Update the EFI for Sonoma if required then run the update from System Preferences or download from App Store and run the installer within Ventura to update.

Edit: For some reason I read that Ventura was already installed...

Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@sarwar_tanvir You may have a lokk here to create your USB installer. It's written for non experienced users

sarwar_tanvir

AMD OS X Member
@sarwar_tanvir You may have a lokk here to create your USB installer. It's written for non experienced users
@Mac Arthur This guide is about making the USB from macOS, but I only have access to Windows PC.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Why do you require an offline installer though? Is your LAN working. The installer will initially give you a crazy download time. My Intel Laptop initially said 25 hours for Sonoma. It was done in around 20 mins.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Have a look here on my personal server and go to macOS directory you are looking for, then the version in subfolders until you reache the one expeted (around 12GB) (released and ß versions are all available).
@Shaneee I don't know if such shares are allowed on your forum. If not please delete and just let me know. I won't do again but policy varies from one forum to another.
Thanks!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have a look here on my personal server and go to macOS directory you are looking for, then the version in subfolders until you reache the one expeted (around 12GB) (released and ß versions are all available).
@Shaneee I don't know if such shares are allowed on your forum. If not please delete and just let me know. I won't do again but policy varies from one forum to another.
Thanks!

Link can stay only because you've got legacy versions and I've been looking for a full 10.6.7 installer iso.

sarwar_tanvir

AMD OS X Member

Brother, I have successfully installed Ventura 13.6.6. Now the serious problem is if I give shut down it automatically restarts. How can I solve this problem?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Brother, I have successfully installed Ventura 13.6.6. Now the serious problem is if I give shut down it automatically restarts. How can I solve this problem?
That's great, @Edhawk is right was usual. Without proper USB Port mapping sleep and or sometimes shut down will be an issue.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Link can stay only because you've got legacy versions and I've been looking for a full 10.6.7 installer iso.
Well I am not sure to understand why you are talking about Snow Leopard 10.6.7 iso installer.
In case tou need here is the original DVD .iso

sarwar_tanvir

AMD OS X Member
That's great, @Edhawk is right was usual. Without proper USB Port mapping sleep and or sometimes shut down will be an issue.
How do I map USB? And also CPU temperature remains 56° while idle and crosses 80° when I open Premiere Pro. Is there any way to lower the temperature. I'm using Thermalright's Air CPU Cooler.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is a guide for USBMap.kext.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
How do I map USB? And also CPU temperature remains 56° while idle and crosses 80° when I open Premiere Pro. Is there any way to lower the temperature. I'm using Thermalright's Air CPU Cooler.
What type and brand CPU cooler are you using? These AM5 CPUs can run hot but the Ryzen 7 7700 only runs at 65 Watts TDP compared to higher end models that can get to 170 Watts TDP so those temperatures are concerning. Your idle temps should be in the low 30s which makes me suspect your cooler isn't installed properly or is not very capable. Did you remove the protective plastic from the cooling head and apply the correct amount of thermal paste?

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What is the ambient temperature of the air intake for the case? If the case is drawing in warm air there will be less cooling at lower fan speeds.

Is the case in a well ventilated environment, I.e. not stuck in a cupboard, under a desk with little space to the front and rear of the case.

Have you checked the CPU fan profile in the Bios, do you have it set for high performance, quietness or with the standard thermal plan?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.