I can't install ryzen 7 7700 gigabyte b650m sh2 ventura

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
I could not reach the installation screen. I would be happy if you help. The latest version of Ventura. I also made bios settings but I didn't get any results. Of course, I'm inexperienced.

all thanks

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have a read of this Thread for a similar system in the Success Stories forum.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
This one might be a better match for your system.

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
This one might be a better match for your system.

I tried these efi files but could not reach the installation screen. I've been trying for days but I couldn't get any results.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You can't be following the instructions correctly if that is the case.

Have you set your bios correctly to run macOS?
Have you generated a SMBIOS for your setup and added it to the config.plist correctly?
Have you edited the AMD Kernel Patches to match the number of CPU cores in your setup?
Have you removed WhateverGreen.kext and replaced it with NootRX.kext?
Have you removed the redundant agdpmod=pikera boot argument from the config.plist?
Do you have -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 in your config.plist's boot arguments?
if yes, post a photo of the verbose text displayed on the screen, showing where the system kernel panics.

Post a copy of your EFI, the one you have created based on the EFI's shared in the success stories I linked above.

Show us what you are using, don't whine like a child!

cakma61

AMD OS X Member

Have you generated a SMBIOS for your setup and added it to the config.plist correctly?
Have you edited the AMD Kernel Patches to match the number of CPU cores in your setup?
Have you removed the redundant agdpmod=pikera boot argument from the config.plist?
if yes, post a photo of the verbose text displayed on the screen, showing where the system kernel panics.

Post a copy of your EFI, the one you have created based on the EFI's shared in the success stories I linked above.

Can you help me with this, I am sharing my efi folder with you.

Yes, I have configured the bios settings.

it's freezing here amdcpusupport '' start trying to init pci service ...

I am writing with translation, sorry if there are any strange things in the translation.

Attachments

• B650.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

cakma61

AMD OS X Member

Yes all config ok.
Are you there?

My problem photo

not progressing from here

my end efi

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_021817.jpg
    IMG_20231201_021817.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 19
  • EFI.rar
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes all config ok.
Are you there?

My problem photo

not progressing from here

my end efi
You don't mention a graphics card and your ACPI files show you are trying to turn off a dGPU. If you don't have a compatible AMD card best to stop trying now. AM5 iGPU graphics are not supported.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There is an RX 6700 XT listed in the Cakma61's signature, but it is not mentioned in the opening post.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There is an RX 6700 XT listed in the Cakma61's signature, but it is not mentioned in the opening post.
I see it now, thank you....he does have SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml enabled which doesn't make sense to me. I would try enabling the 6700 XT with NootRX.kext instead and not trying to use the iGPU. Better performance that way, he has a compatible card, why not use it. Then he also has a bunch of Voodoo files for a laptop he will not need or ever use, he must be trying to use another AMD Laptop users EFI. He is better off modifying one of the EFIs you linked.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I know, I had a quick look at the EFI made a few comments and deleted it. As I didn't feel like working through all the garbage in the OP's EFI.

He or She couldn't even be bothered to use/try one of the EFI's from the Success Stories I linked!

Inexperience doesn't excuse them from being lazy, everyone starts off inexperienced.

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
I know, I had a quick look at the EFI made a few comments and deleted it. As I didn't feel like working through all the garbage in the OP's EFI.

He or She couldn't even be bothered to use/try one of the EFI's from the Success Stories I linked!

Inexperience doesn't excuse them from being lazy, everyone starts off inexperienced.

You are wrong, as you said, I tried all the efi folders you gave one by one. I couldn't achieve success with any of them. I've never had this much trouble before the am5 platform. I even processed it into config.plist by following the steps you mentioned using the ocat program on Windows. I don't have the right experience, but I'm doing my best :) don't scold, help. :)

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you can't boot an OC EFI, you need to look at the bios settings you are using. Make sure they are set for booting macOS.

# AMD Bios Settings

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
If you can't boot an OC EFI, you need to look at the bios settings you are using. Make sure they are set for booting macOS.

# AMD Bios Settings

gigabyte b650m sh2 - I made the bios settings of this motherboard as in the article. No matter which EFI folder I tried, I could not reach the installation screen. I did some research on Google. Has anyone had a successful installation with my motherboard? I will take advantage of this. I couldn't find it either. Like you, I suspect the bios. But I don't know how to pass this stage. I'll wait a bit, or continue researching. I also updated the bios and still nothing changed.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You can try this folder but USB ports are not mapped so you will have to see which ports work, you will need to map them later if it boots and helps you install. It uses NootRX.kext to enable your 6700XT card instead of the iGPU.

Attachments

• EFITest.zip
    29.9 MB · Views: 12

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
You can try this folder but USB ports are not mapped so you will have to see which ports work, you will need to map them later if it boots and helps you install. It uses NootRX.kext to enable your 6700XT card instead of the iGPU.

Thanks I will try.

cakma61

AMD OS X Member
I finally succeeded thanks to your helpThanks for strangerone.

successful installation

Ventura - Sonoma / Gigabyte B650m Sh2 Ryzen 7 7800x3D Rx 6800xt - OpenCore

I am sharing the file in attachment. ( efi foder )

all thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 5

sarwar_tanvir

AMD OS X Member
Hey, I have Ryzen 5 7600 and 6700xt with MSI B650M-B. Can I use your config file?

Edit: I tried the EFI and it stucks at apple logo on boot. I used Ventura recovery file of 669MB with it on an 8GB Adata pen drive. What should I do now?

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey, I have Ryzen 5 7600 and 6700xt with MSI B650M-B. Can I use your config file?

Edit: I tried the EFI and it stucks at apple logo on boot. I used Ventura recovery file of 669MB with it on an 8GB Adata pen drive. What should I do now?
The core counts in my EFI are wrong for your CPU, see attached for it configured as six core. Don't forget to add serial numbers etc. Also on MSI boards, besides the typical bios settings, you also have to turn off TPM 2.0 on the default boot screen, then go to the advanced boot screen to make the usual changes.

sarwar_tanvir

AMD OS X Member
The core counts in my EFI are wrong for your CPU, see attached for it configured as six core. Don't forget to add serial numbers etc. Also on MSI boards, besides the typical bios settings, you also have to turn off TPM 2.0 on the default boot screen, then go to the advanced boot screen to make the usual changes.
Thank you so much brother. I have turned off fTPM 2.0 on bios and added serial and other numbers and it booted. I took the recovery file of Ventura, the installer says it will take 10+ hours to download it. It is such a long time. Can you tell me from where I can download the macOS installation file for offline installation and how can I make the USB ready for installation?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.