Alienware M17 R5 6900hx m6850mxt - bios problem

HumingMk2

New member
AMD OS X Member
Aug 3, 2026
2
0
1
CPU:
6900HX
Hello,

I own an Alienware M17 R5 AMD Advantage Edition (6900HX, RX 6850M XT, DDR5 16GB×2 4800MHz).
I also use a Hackintosh desktop and a ThinkPad X13 Gen 2 AMD running macOS.

Getting back to the main issue, my M17 R5 is currently running BIOS version 1.26.0.

Since this BIOS version includes USB4 support, the built-in USB ports do not work properly under macOS. I experience the same kind of intermittent USB disconnection issue that has been reported in other threads regarding USB4 on the Legion 7.

For this reason, I downloaded BIOS version 1.3.9, which predates USB4 support, from Dell and attempted to flash it several times using an external ROM programmer.

Unfortunately, every attempt resulted in a non-booting system. The laptop shows the LED error code 2-4, which per Dell's diagnostic table indicates a memory (RAM training) failure, and it does not POST. My RAM sticks are newer production (2023+), so I suspect the memory training code in 1.3.9 predates them.

I eventually gave up and restored BIOS 1.26.0.

At the moment, I am running macOS Ventura using an M.2-to-USB module with the bottom cover removed. It works, but this significantly reduces the portability of the laptop, so I am not satisfied with this setup.

Would anyone who has successfully downgraded to BIOS 1.3.9 be willing to share their working BIOS dump?

If you are currently running 1.3.9, I would also be extremely grateful if you could simply share your RAM part number and manufacture date — that single data point would confirm or rule out my RAM-training hypothesis.

Alternatively, any advice on the correct procedure for downgrading or flashing BIOS 1.3.9 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
目前我的 M17R5_AMD_6900_6850MXT 运行的是 BIOS 版本 1.14,我使用外部设备将其降级到了 1.3.9。测试表明,大多数电脑无法成功降级到高于 1.15 的 BIOS 版本。强制降级可能会导致黑屏和电源指示灯常亮。这意味着电脑不会显示任何错误代码,这与您描述的情况不符。如果您确实想尝试,请在 QQ:3022887153 上给我发私信,因为我有出厂数据。
 
目前我的 M17R5_AMD_6900_6850MXT 运行的是 BIOS 版本 1.14,我使用外部设备将其降级到了 1.3.9。测试表明,大多数电脑无法成功降级到高于 1.15 的 BIOS 版本。强制降级可能会导致黑屏和电源指示灯常亮。这意味着电脑不会显示任何错误代码,这与您描述的情况不符。如果您确实想尝试,请在 QQ:3022887153 上给我发私信,因为我有出厂数据。
你好,
非常感谢你的回复。你提供的信息让我了解了很多,也非常有帮助。
为了能够直接联系你,我尝试注册腾讯 QQ,但是看起来使用韩国手机号(+82)无法完成注册。

如果方便的话,可以麻烦你通过 QQ 邮箱把你手上的原厂 BIOS 文件发给我吗?据我了解,QQ 邮箱应该可以直接向海外邮箱发送文件。(我的邮箱地址是 leezakka@naver.com)
如果方便的话,能否麻烦您将压缩文件进行分卷压缩,并将每个分卷设置为 20MB?非常感谢您的帮助!

我目前的 BIOS 版本是 1.26,不过我还是想尝试刷入这个 BIOS。

另外想请教一下,你现在使用的内存是否是 2022 年生产的?
我的 M17 R5 会出现与内存相关的 2/4 故障代码,所以我有点怀疑是否和内存有关。我的内存是 2023 年生产的。

再次感谢你的帮助。


Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply. I was able to learn a lot from the information you provided.

I tried to register for Tencent QQ so that I could contact you directly, but unfortunately it seems that registration is not available with a Korean phone number (+82).

If you don’t mind, would it be possible for you to send me the original factory BIOS file you have via QQ Mail? As far as I know, QQ Mail can send files directly to overseas email addresses. (my email is leezakka@naver.com)

I would appreciate it if you could split the compressed file into 20 MB parts.
My current BIOS version is 1.26, but I would still like to try flashing it.

P.S. May I also ask whether the RAM you are using was manufactured in 2022?
I am a little suspicious about the 2/4 diagnostic code related to RAM that appears on my M17 R5. My current RAM was manufactured in 2023.

Thank you again.
 
Last edited:
✖
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.