How to install on my laptop? The specs are below

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
AMD RYZEN 5 4600H with RADEON GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GTX 1650ti
8GB RAM
Hi there,

Regarding your setup unfortunately it’s a little tricky. Officially it is currently unsupported because of your AMD IGPU and the fact that it uses an Nvidia GTX1650 which was never supported by macOS. That said there are developments currently underway for enabling the AMD IGPU (WhateverRed) but these are not yet ready for release.

GarvitPlayz

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,

Regarding your setup unfortunately it’s a little tricky. Officially it is currently unsupported because of your AMD IGPU and the fact that it uses an Nvidia GTX1650 which was never supported by macOS. That said there are developments currently underway for enabling the AMD IGPU (WhateverRed) but these are not yet ready for release.
Sure, any way I can install Monterey or an earlier version of MACOS right now?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Yes, you can install up to Ventura. But you won't have hardware acceleration which will make macOS laggy.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
You could try my Opencore EFI build here. I use an Atari VCS console which has an AMD Picasso/Raven APU but the file and process remains the same > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-atari-vcs-2020-console.309903/

You will need to change the core count under the Kernel > Patches section in the config.plist to match the cores in your current system which should be 6.
Instructions on that can be found here > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
You will also need to put in -wegnoegpu under the NVRAM boot-args section to disable your Nvidia GTX1660.

Instructions on creating a bootable macOS USB installer are found here > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/mac-install.html

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
You could try my Opencore EFI build here. I use an Atari VCS console which has an AMD Picasso/Raven APU but the file and process remains the same > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-atari-vcs-2020-console.309903/

You will need to change the core count under the Kernel > Patches section in the config.plist to match the cores in your current system which should be 6.
Instructions on that can be found here > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
You will also need to put in -wegnoegpu under the NVRAM boot-args section to disable your Nvidia GTX1660.

Instructions on creating a bootable macOS USB installer are found here > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/mac-install.html
If you're going to recommend your EFI to people, update it regularly and don't include a bunch of useless SSDTs and Kexts.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
If you're going to recommend your EFI to people, update it regularly and don't include a bunch of useless SSDTs and Kexts.
I'm sorry but I don't think that's your concern? I will update it as and when I wish, or when I think that it's necessary.

Please understand I am not new to this - I have been hackintoshing systems and creating guides for well over a decade,
and no one has ever complained about them. Everyone builds their EFIs differently and there's no such thing as a set standard.
Extra SSDTs and kexts are included in some of my builds as options for convenience.

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,

Would WhateverRed add support for AMD 6800H iGPU?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Would WhateverRed add support for AMD 6800H iGPU?
No and don't think they will (add support). However do not think it is necessary.

FYI I have successfully achieved booting on an AMD Ryzen APU before using VESA mode on my Atari VCS, and recently I made an updated version of my bootable EFI.
If you are willing to test, I've created an EFI recently for Ryzen 5800H/6800H IGPUs here which you can try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.5 MB · Views: 111

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
No and don't think they will (add support). However do not think it is necessary.

FYI I have successfully achieved booting on an AMD Ryzen APU before using VESA mode on my Atari VCS, and recently I made an updated version of my bootable EFI.
If you are willing to test, I've created an EFI recently for Ryzen 5800H/6800H IGPUs here which you can try.
No, I don’t have a 5800/6800H notebook currently. But considering to buy one if it would be supported by hackintosh. Until now, I see most of success install are in desktop. Only very few notebooks are supported. I think it would be a great step forward if AMD notebook’s igpu would be supported

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
No, I don’t have a 5800/6800H notebook currently. But considering to buy one if it would be supported by hackintosh. Until now, I see most of success install are in desktop. Only very few notebooks are supported. I think it would be a great step forward if AMD notebook’s igpu would be supported
Actually you are wrong about that. There have been recent successes too on laptop with the 5800H + RX6600M Lenovo Legion 5

SummerWithYou

AMD OS X Member
不,也不认为他们会(增加支持)。不过觉得没必要。

仅供参考,在我的 Atari VCS 上使用 VESA 模式之前,我已经成功地在 AMD Ryzen APU 上实现了启动,最近我制作了可启动 EFI 的更新版本。
如果你愿意测试,我最近在这里为 Ryzen 5800H/6800H IGPU 创建了一个 EFI,你可以试试。

Really, you created a 6800H igpu's efi, I can try it

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

jonas0206

AMD OS X Member
Actually you are wrong about that. There have been recent successes too on laptop with the 5800H + RX6600M Lenovo Legion 5
Hi bro, can you help me, i tried to boot with your folder on a AMD Ryzen 4500U with Radeon Vega 6 but i get stucked on this message (not an error i think, even if there are some errors befor the stucking):
Code:
AMDCPUSupport v0.7.1, init
AMDCPUSupport::enter dllnklng..
vh: 4294967168, vl: 492896256

Then i found this file .txt above my EFI folder (i think that's the log file) :
I put last release opencore on you folder (Opencore 0.8.5)
I attached my EFI Folder with config.plist, maybe i make something wrong !

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-14-012645.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
  • EFI.zip
    30.5 MB · Views: 13

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi bro, can you help me, i tried to boot with your folder on a AMD Ryzen 4500U with Radeon Vega 6 but i get stucked on this message (not an error i think, even if there are some errors befor the stucking):
Code:
AMDCPUSupport v0.7.1, init
AMDCPUSupport::enter dllnklng..
vh: 4294967168, vl: 492896256

Then i found this file .txt above my EFI folder (i think that's the log file) :
I put last release opencore on you folder (Opencore 0.8.5)
I attached my EFI Folder with config.plist, maybe i make something wrong !
Did you change the Kernel > Patch core count according to the AMD Vanilla Github guide?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.