Help me with RTL8125

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm currently on OC 0.9.3 and ventura 13.5.1, GPU is working, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are working even if without apple continuity.
I'm becoming crazy to have the integrated LAN card Realtek 2.5GbE working. The chipset is RTL8125, I see it in the entries in PCIe tab of hackintool,
I'm injecting the kext and is loaded but ... no joy.
I have double checked BIOS settings, went through Dortania guides and setted the most, I do not know if I need a dedicated SSDT for my lan.
Can you please be so kind to help me out and check the attached EFI and ACPI Dumps, I have try to set it right but I'm confused so I'm asking help to verify it's correct.
In case you decide to help me with this, Thanks for your time.

My Specs: Gigabyte Aorus X670 Elite AX - AMD 7800X3D - 2 x 16 GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB DDR5 6000MHZ CL30 - Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+ SE - 2 x WD Black SN850 - Wi-Fi+BT Intel AX210NGW

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Should be, if I can open the IOReg.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk it has been saved from IORegistryExplorer, you should be able to open it...
in case here the export from hacking tool

Attachments

• errevi2.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you boot your system with the SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml table disabled. So it boots with only the native SBUS settings. As I am not seeing what I expect to see in the IOReg under this device.

Using this SSDT may be the cause of your Ethernet controller not working.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I can open the IOReg file and have looked through it, hence the message above.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk very good.
I've just removed from the config the entry for SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml and resetted nvram
I can boot, i'm in but still no lan ...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post another copy of your IOReg, without the SSDT present.

If you open Hackintool and navigate to the PCIe tab, do the following:
  1. Move your mouse cursor to the left-hand edge of the Hackintool app, it should change to a double-ended arrow cursor.
  2. While this double-ended Arrow cursor is showing, drag the left-hand edge of the app towards the edge of your display, this should make the app wider.
  3. Then do the same on the right-hand side, so all the text is shown in the main PCIe tab window.
  4. Then take a screenshot of the expanded PCIe tab.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I'm going to take my dog for a walk, be back shortly.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've done what you say with the app window and enlarged the columns width at the maximum i could but still is not enough

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-06 alle 22.48.37.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-06 alle 22.48.37.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • errevi_no_ssdt.zip
    1 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The IOReg without the SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml table shows a closer match to what I was expecting to see.

Try the attached EFI.
  1. I have removed the SBUS SSDT and made a few other minor edits to your config.plist.
  2. Added the DeviceProperties for your Realtek 8125 Ethernet controller.
  3. Added a few custom SSDT's generated using your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script.
    1. Plus a few extra ACPI patches that the new SSDT-HPET.aml table requires if it is to work.
    2. Copy of results folder is attached.
  4. I removed the two Gigabyte ACPI patches, as I am not clear if these are required.
    1. If they are you can always add them back.
Don't change anything, just copy the EFI folder to a spare USB pen drive and boot your system with this OC setup see if it makes any difference.

Remember to use the ResetNvramEntry before you boot into macOS with the revised EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 17

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Forgot to attach the SSDTTime Result folder!

Attachments

• Results.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 4

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
resetted nvram and boot your EFI, no boot
IMG_0809.jpeg
@Edhawk thanks for your work

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Looks like the SSDTs are causing problems, not sure why. I will have ano look at this later today.

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Edhawk , thank you for your response. The two operating systems work fine. Windows 11 boots and runs fine, both from the classic Windows bootloader and the opencore bootloader. I just have the network card problem on the hackintosh that forces me to delete files every time I use Windows.

So, to recap, I will give you a small outline:

Starting Sonoma with working network card -> shutting down Sonoma -> restarting Sonoma with no problem.

Starting Sonoma with working network card -> shutting down Sonoma -> starting Windows 11 -> shutting down Windows 11 -> restarting Sonoma -> problem, Sonoma reboots continuously.

(It seems a bit obvious to say this, however the network card on windows 11 always works there I have no problem)

Once I find the problem, I have to follow the procedure I wrote above, which is to delete the two files in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder and empty the /System/Library/Caches folder by starting Sonoma with the usb without the network card enabled. Only in this way can I get Sonoma working again.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Something is being left in the cache by Windows when you reboot and carried over when you select Sonoma as the next OS. This was a common issue a few years ago, with Bluetooth and Audio devices. It is less common now.

Only thing I can suggest is to Shutdown Windows and do a cold boot for Sonoma. That should prevent any information being carried over to the macOS side in your Hack. Might be a bit of a pain, but beats having to mess around deleting files and booting from your USB drive.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk I've try to add the 2 Gigabyte patches that you have removed from your EFI and ... it boots!
Still no LAN unfortunately but that maybe could be my fault, even if is just a possibility, I may have made a mistake sending the wrong DSDT as I have updated bios to latest lately.
I'm not sure if that can be a problem but just to be sure I have booted to windows and extracted the DSDT again today.
Sorry if that could have caused any problem and again thank you for your work.

Attachments

• DSDT_Results.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
More than likely it would have yes. BIOS updates are known to alter DSDT paths etc. I've seen this have a recent effect on a few AM5 systems.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Oh well done errevi! 😭
thanks @Shaneee

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is a revised Results folder generated from the DSDT.aml you attached in post #35.

The patches_OC.plist contains the two Gigabyte fixes and the patches for the SSDT-HPET.aml table. Using these ACPI tables and patches may help with your issue.

While we are at this with updated Bios/Firmwares etc., have you ensured the Ethernet controller is enabled in your Bios? Probably a dumb question to ask at this point in time, but always best to be sure.

Attachments

• Results-2.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 6

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk Ethernet controller is working with Win11 and in bios seems ok,
I've changed the acpi tables and used the config you sent me but I have the error attached below.
I can boot adding SSDT-CPUR.aml that was previously present in the EFI you sent me, still no LAN anyway
just to be sure I attach also the current config, I could have misunderstood, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0810.jpeg
    IMG_0810.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • acpi.zip
    15 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk guess what? Finally lan port is working!
I've updated to latest bios, swapped Wi-Fi AX210 with my old Fenvi 1200, went through DSDT process following your examples and finally patched wifi with OCLP.
Still have some usb ports to fix but this is another issue.
Many thanks for your interest and help, much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.